bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why God commanded the killing of infants?  (Read 16309 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Why God commanded the killing of infants?
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »

I wonder how did the Israelites feel when God gave them that commandment.Did they think "whoa!Kill suckling babies?"

I think it must've been difficult for them to follow through..

Perhaps it may have been a test on whether they will OBEY God above everything.Reminds me of whomever loves brother,mother,sister more than Jesus,is not worthy to be his disciple.

His commandments are difficult to follow!

I don't have an answer for your troubled heart.
Maybe some of us have to look into the face of pure evil, more than a few times, to understand why our heavenly father, has dealt with man the way he has.  That was certainly true for me.

Now I can't help but think how he must suffer,  to see all the terrible things we do to ourselves and each other. There are horrible unspeakable things happening to people and animals, all around the world. Evertday, 24/7.

I believe God feels all the pain of the whole world, thats allot of hurt he's endured, all through the ages.

Im gonna open up a very large can of worms, just to make a point. Lets take a look at just one of those horrors...

Abortion
Where is the outcry for such an unspeakable  slaughter of babies, done at the hands of their own parents. Who justify killing them by refusing to acknowledge they are human beings. Im thinking...The Biggest Genoside in the history of the world! This used to be one of my biggest tortures, until God opened my eyes.
Now he gives me the strength to endure and the promise and hope of the resurrection.

Try to focus on the truth of that. God will restore life to all of the babies who's lives have been lost.  Oh my goodness, who's gonna take care of all those babies :)

God is infinitely BIGGER, working from a vantage point we can’t even comprehend, with power to execute His plan so great no one can thwart His will for even a millisecond. The chasm that exists between His plane of thought and ours is too big for words to capture. In His unending wisdom, knowledge, and power He has planned all of eternity, from start to finish.

Isaiah 46:9-11
[9] Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,
[10] declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
[11] calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:02:30 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »

Sometimes I have a hard time reading many of the things in the OT. And when I ask, "Why?," I have to turn to the New Testament in order to regroup my thoughts. So, I have nothing to add to this discussion in the way of explanation.
But consider this: Since 1973 Roe vs Wade, we as a so-called Christian nation have slaughtered 50 million (and counting) of our own innocents for no good reason.

Mike

Your so right Mike, but keep in mind these numbers only reflect the US. I wrote a series of articles on this subject a few years back, and the numbers are substantially higher.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »

Hi Octoberose
My presumption of George Bush is this. From Ray’s teaching on Tophet and Molech and my understanding. Ray refers to it as a modern day sacrifice to Molech.

He GB is one of many members of the powers that be of The Bohemian Grove. The self-sanctifying.
idol sacrificing,swine and mice eating worshipers of Molech, one of the deities of the idolatrous
Israelites and are a symbol of FAR GREATER SINS. Molech was referred to as the abomination
of the children of Ammon(1 Kings 11:17) and the primary means of worshiping him is the
SACRIFICE OF CHILDREN. Ray said Tophet of old is being brought back. ( Figuratively Speaking)

There is a list of members of this evil place in this study.

“ Let every soul be subject unto the Higher Powers, for there is no power but of God. The powers that be are ordained of God” Romans 13:1. ,,, including GB who’s motives I do not think are good.

For it is God which works in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Phil.2:13

Everything by design and all of God.
Sincerely and in Christ.....Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Karen_47

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:14 PM »

Brings to mind what Paul wrote.  My paraphrase from memory.

"Who are you O  man!  Does the thing created say to the Creator, 'What are You making?' "
[/quote]

He is right, God gives life and takes life. [1Timmothy 6:13]
And though it is an awfulthing that seems like how Can God do such? We should still not ask.of him or expect response. Sorry for all those who God took child away. I was just reading today of two 10 year Olds who killed a 2 year old.  Sad. But only God.  He allows it.
God bless.

octoberose

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 04:47:18 AM »

Well there’s a lot of truth on a little website called bible-truths , but I really would not put too much stock in a lot of what you read on the internet. For all it’s helpfulness , it can be very misleading . It all depends on the source .

lareli

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »

Well there’s a lot of truth on a little website called bible-truths , but I really would not put too much stock in a lot of what you read on the internet. For all it’s helpfulness , it can be very misleading . It all depends on the source .

Ya bible-truths is a gem in the vast sea of data made available to us through the internet.

I understand why people say “consider the source” when trying to discern if information is true. I don’t agree with it though. A broken watch tells the truth at least twice a day... everyday.

Will the chosen be judges in the next age? Would a righteous judge hear a claim and then base their ruling on the source without hearing the evidence? Even the boy who cried wolf should expect a fair hearing in the presence of a righteous judge..

I’m just speaking in general now and not in regards to your post on GW’s motives. Although you can find plenty of YouTube content where the source is GW’s own mouth. But in the end I have to believe that God alone knows the heart of a man.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »

And though it is an awfulthing that seems like how Can God do such? We should still not ask.of him or expect response.

Why Karen_47?

Please tell me why you believe we should not ask or expect response??

I have both asked and received response (ask and you shall receive). And my faith is stronger for it. Perhaps my faith wasn’t even real until I gained the courage to question. How could one end up here at bible-truths without having questioned “how could a good God send billions to burn in Hell?”..

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:19:52 PM by largeli »

lareli

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 11:05:56 AM »

Did anyone here come to know the truth without having had the courage to ask “if God is good and if God is Love.. how is it that He will send billions to hell to be tortured forever?”

Wanda

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »

Did anyone here come to know the truth without having had the courage to ask “if God is good and if God is Love.. how is it that He will send billions to hell to be tortured forever?”

I was taught that horrible Christian doctrine  when I was a child, but when God led me to Ray's website I learned the truth of God, I found out that Hellfire was BIG FAT LIE!

Learning Gods truths proved to me God is love, just as his word says he is. Not only is he not going to burn anyone in hell for all eternaty, he is going to save ALL mankind.

The Parable of the Lost Sheep
(Luke 15:1-7)

12What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he rejoices more over that one sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. 14In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

This is what Ray had to say on the subject...

Hell is a christian hoax

https://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

Lake of fire series

https://bible-truths.com

Does All mean All

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,5605.0.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:44:04 PM by Wanda »

lareli

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »

It’s incredible isn’t it Wanda?

Wanda

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 05:54:09 PM »

It’s incredible isn’t it Wanda?

Amen to that! Most incredible thing that's  happened in my life EVER! The only thing that could top this is the day Jesus returns.  ;)

indianabob

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 12:45:16 AM »

Hi Wanda,
I used to pray that God would let me live to see His son return, IF it was o.k. with God.

Now I don't know if that was a good idea. Probably made me too concerned with what was going on in world events.
Better that I don't know, then it will be a welcome surprise.

I wonder if I'll have a tingling feeling in my belly or just calm and relief and WOW!!!

Wanda

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 04:14:53 PM »

Hi Wanda,
I used to pray that God would let me live to see His son return, IF it was o.k. with God.

Now I don't know if that was a good idea. Probably made me too concerned with what was going on in world events.
Better that I don't know, then it will be a welcome surprise.

I wonder if I'll have a tingling feeling in my belly or just calm and relief and WOW!!!

Hi Bob,

A very humble request Bob. You said you used to. If you dont mind me asking, what is your prayer to God now?

Seeing whats going on in the world was part of his plan for you. Its his way of humbling us.

Before God opened my eyes to his truth, he showed me the evils of this world. I can tell you,  it was the only way it could have been, and I thank him everyday for that.
Now, I have no desire to know what is going on because I know God has everything under controll; it's such a comforting, peacful place to be in my faith.

Ecc 1:13  I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

When I finally understood this scriptue it was like the heavens opened up and angels sang.
This one scripture answered a lifetime of important questions i had.

I don't know how I will react, but knowing myself, it will involve some weeping, which is  much more emotional, than your average crying,  and the possibility of some serious bowing. But mostly, if it's possible, I want just one hug.

I think on the Glory of this...

Revelation 5:13 (NKJV)

13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

“Blessing and honor and glory and power

Be to Him who sits on the throne,

And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

May the peace of the Lamb be with you Bob

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:28:37 PM by Wanda »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 05:20:09 PM »

Ibob, don’t be deceived, that tingling in your belly just might be gas 😂😂 , Just kidding my friend.
Couldn’t help myself.

Just thinking about the the Lords return makes me weak in the knees and I’ve cried almost every
night for three years, how long till these tears are gone? Sigh 😔Come Lord Jesus
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:26 AM »

Jesus will come quickly.

We can die the next second. 

The next moment we will awake in the Resurrection.

Our time is very short.  We are just a breathe away from seeing God.

Although, we are within God now.  Paul wrote that within God we live and work and have our being.

indianabob

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »

Friend Wanda and all,

You asked what is my prayer now.
I have matured a little and can see things that were not clear in years past. (still subject to correction)

My focus now is somewhat more on the fate or future of my children and my wife.
My wife and I discuss these issues at length and she seems to understand and accept, but is not motivated to discuss the information of her own volition.
My four adult children have heard my views and quotes from L. Ray for ten years now and in discussions can recall the gist of many topics in reference to
God's plan for mankind. I believe to some extent that they are content with what they understand is the future of mankind and their place in it. e.g. the future
resurrection of all flesh to receive their first opportunity to understand fully the will of God.

They assuredly are not in fear of a burning Hell fire -- but one never knows the mind of another person. So I think that I have given them all that a parent can.
My wife and I try to teach by example the basic courtesies of life and how being "good" has many more self benefits than selfish conduct toward others.
Patience, temperance, integrity and plain speaking are traits we support along with some degree of humility as the spirit guides.
That is what the children are working with now in their own lives.

What they believe about God in their heart of hearts, their mind is still a mystery to me.
However we all are looking forward to a reunion of some description in God's family and even more so as the end of our lives approaches.
As John has plainly stated we can die in the next second, and then we will know...

Regards, Indiana bob

Wanda

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »

Thank you for sharing Bob. Your walk with God has been very fruitfull. I pray your path continues to get even brighter.

Your friend in Jesus :)

Extol

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »

Jesus will come quickly.

We can die the next second. 

The next moment we will awake in the Resurrection.

Our time is very short.  We are just a breathe away from seeing God.

Although, we are within God now.  Paul wrote that within God we live and work and have our being.

Great point, John. If our Saviour does not return until AD 5000, it is not nearly that far away for us, for the simple reason we won't live nearly that long. The longest any of us will have to wait is a few decades, and for some of the more mature members, it will be much sooner than that.

Karen_47

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »

Why Karen_47?

Please tell me why you believe we should not ask or expect response??

Answer:  Largeli, it is not as though God is silent about these things. But, as a mere human who does not see God work things out no matter how horrible it is. We have his word to proof he is doing it. Bad. Or Good.  So, that is why. I have no other answer to that. If God has spoken to you about why he took your Miscareged child then you got a response. But, you still know it was his will to do so. Right?  I speak on the old testament times. We see and know the answer there. Ofcourse, the people back then didn't'. But God still allowed it. That's what I mean. I see the asker to this question saying it in a vague way like! Angry. And that was my response.

I have both asked and received response

Comment: God responses to certain things, yes. But, often times he doesn't'. Like the commanding killings of infants in old t. Times.
Remember * I was only saying it in a stern statement.

(ask and you shall receive). And my faith is stronger for it. Perhaps my faith wasn’t even real until I gained the courage to question. How could one end up here at bible-truths without having questioned “how could a good God send billions to burn in Hell?”..
[/quote]

And thankgoodness you questioned that. God is a good God (father) for leading you to truth!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:59:08 AM by Karen_47 »

lareli

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »

Hi Karen_47

I apologize. There must have been some misinterpretation in my reading of your statement about questioning... and some misinterpretation of my question to you. I haven’t experienced a miscarriage or lost a child.

Without further miscommunication, I’ll just say that I don’t suppose any questions would be off limits.. who is God, why does God, how does God.. or even how could God.. perhaps asking difficult questions is akin to “wrestling with God” which yields a blessing.. but the church would have me believe that asking difficult questions is akin to “attacking” God.

Questions lead to answers and true answers destroy the doctrine of the church. “The truth will set you free.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.