bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Decision Afraid  (Read 3608 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Big Decision Afraid
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »

Im sure some of you have been in a similar situation. Being faced with HUGE life  changing circumstances, and not be able to make a decision out of fear. I've prayed on this matter for months, leaving it in Gods hands, because,  finally, after all these many years, I have been given the faith to do.

I'm in such a warm loving, and peaceful place with my heavenly father, he recently brought me out of the darkest time of my life, into new light and my fear is that if I make this decision without him, I will loose what I've so mercifully been blessed with.

I will tell you it is a family matter,  involving my mother, her care and wellbeing. This decision would involve my moving into a very emotionally toxic invironment, which is my family.

I know the outcome will be whatever he wills it to be. I'm so emotionally involved, I fear I won't even know when God answers.

Dear friends, please keep me in your prayers.

May the Lord bless and keep you close

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:34:19 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Extol

Re: Big Decision Afraid
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 16:32-33

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »

Wanda;

You can't make the wrong decision with this issue....you simply can not.  One of the things that I learned thru Ray's teachings [not from his teachings] is that God is sovereign in his creation down to the smallest detail.  Whatever decision you end up making is the one that you were supposed to make.  There are not two or three options...there is only one.  Before I came to know real bible truths this verse always stood out to me;

Rom 8:38-39  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It was always like yeah, I know these things and believe it but I also knew that my sins separated me from God and when we sin God know longer hears us so in reality I believed that although none of the things mentioned in the verse can separate me yet I believed that I, myself was able to do that [old man, free will teaching].  I was in error.  The decision that you make whatever that decision is, is the one you were supposed to make from the foundation of the world.  Pray and do what gives you peace and then rest in that as what you were supposed to do.

There is one thing that a pastor of mine said 25 years ago although he was the head of a denominational church and whose teachings were full of error was,

Never doubt in the darkness what God has given you in the light.

Despite the error of his teachings yet I believe his counsel to be true with his statement.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:06:11 PM by Arion »

Wanda

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »

Dear Jesse and Arion, What I should have asked you guys for was some spiritual wisdom. I can clearly see there is a weakness in my faith.

Thank you, this shines much light on the matter.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:15:22 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »

My friend , no matter what decision you make, All is of God
Truth # 12  Believe and Obey

Fear of the unknown is a terrible thing. People like us who were control freaks
all our lives don’t like to not know what’s ahead of us. We want to see what’s
on the path before we take it. It’s scary. Sometimes when I go walking in the forest, I think about dangerous animals or people in there and I stop and
think about it, I talk to God and tell Him I’m nervous and I shouldn’t be because He said Do not Fear and yet I fear. I take a deep breath, put one foot in front of the other and do it to prove to our Father that I trust Him, I love Him and I will do it because He did it for me. He layed down His life for me.
I always think of Him in the garden the night before His crucifixion, how He sweat blood. I think in this life we are going to spiritually sweat blood too.
He trusted His Father and we will trust our Father also.
Listen, if you do go to live with your mom and sister you will be bringing
them light from the Father of Lights. Just what they need and I would say,
all part of God’s plan for you and your family. I will pray for you .
In Christ Pamela

Pamela saw my post and sent me this pm. I asked her if I could add it to the other wonderfull spiritual wisdom, because it could very well help another confused person.

Hi Pamella,

Some more wise and spiritual advice, right from the Father. Thank you so much for putting your personal perspective on it too.

My problem cannot compare with the sacrifice Jesus made. Im frankly quiet ashamed I did not consider this myself.

I can clearly see my answer was right in front of me,  in the completeness of his sovereignty.

Thank you Pamela
Romans 15:13

Psalm 46:1, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Run to Him, lay down your weapons and fall into His arms. Acknowledge that He is God and that He is exalted in the earth. Be still and know that He is God.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:25:58 PM by Wanda »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 10:04:18 PM »

Your welcome Wanda, thank you for the beautiful scripture.❤️ In Christ , Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.