bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Symbolism  (Read 3871 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Symbolism
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:13:22 PM »

can someone suggest a website that explains what the bible symbols are and what they represent?  e.g. trees, candlesticks etc.;  I think I saw some place where Ray listed a few but can't find it now. 

Thanks, Diane

Rene

• Administrator
Re: Symbolism
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »

Hi Diane,

Here is an excerpt from the 2005 Nashville bible conference entitled "How Hard Is Getting Saved" where Ray spoke on some symbols from the Book of Revelation:

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,3849.0.html  - "How Hard Is Getting Saved"

It’s not talking about physical chronology or eschatology of the chronological order of events leading up to the return of Christ. This is for us, we’ve got to keep this. How do you keep the darkness?  How do you keep “everything in the sea dies”? How do you keep that? You have to know what it means... it’s a symbol. He’s signified this book in symbols. Why? So nobody on earth would ever understand it, except the very Elect. 

You can’t understand this book. Scholars have poured over this for millions of hours. They cannot understand this book. This book is SPIRITUAL, these are spiritual words, these are symbols. They are all the same. It’s not as hard as we thought when God’s opens it up, it takes on a simplicity.

These mountains, what are mountains? These are mountains in our life, not mountains over there in the Rocky mountain chain.  These are mountains - HUGE things in our life that have to come down!

The sea is the flesh - humanity. Everything in the sea has to die! This isn’t talking about killing fish in the Indian Ocean. Of what value is it to kill the fish in the Indian Ocean?

This is for us, the people who have the testimony of Jesus Christ have to live all this stuff. What is it? IT’S ALL ONE! It’s just like the parables and all of those other things... tree of good and evil, the 5 wise and 5 foolish, the tares and the wheat and every parable and every teaching. It’s all ONE! Directed toward us! All these things, the Old Testament, it’s all for US!
v
v
v
All these things take a lifetime. We’re going to live "the seals." A third part of the man died... that’s a third part of the man in us that is going to die, a third part of the carnality. God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass? These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. They are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »

Thanks Rene

Johnny70

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:25:47 PM »

The Bible is an AMAZING crypto book - designed only for those who Our Creator choses to give the understanding required for salvation. It is all of Him!

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »

Yes, all symbols in the Scriptures are explained by other Scriptures if God guides your understanding.

No other sources outside the Scriptures are needed.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »

Ray also speaks on this subject in the Lake of Fire 1, which I found an additional help.

https://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

We will begin with FIGURES OF LIKENESS which include:

similes -  (when something is like, or as something else, it is a simile rather than a metaphor)
metaphors -  (where one thing is said to actually be something else) as in, "all life is grass" I Pet. 1:24. Therefore, the subject of this paper IS a metaphor and CANNOT be literal: John says, "...the lake of fire, This IS the second death" (Rev. 20:14), and "...the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which IS the second death" (Rev. 21:8)
implications
parables -  (there are many, the shortest one being, "Physician, heal Thyself" Luke 4:23)
allegories -  (as in the two women standing for two covenants, Gal. 4:22-28)
visions (as in a sheet let down from heaven, Acts 10:11-16)
signs -  (as in the sign of Jonah the prophet, Matt. 12:39)
types -  (as in Adam corresponding with Christ, Rom. 5:12-21)
shadows -  (as in the law being a shadow of good things to come, Heb. 10:1)
examples -  (as in the tabernacle vessels being examples of what is in heaven , Heb. 9:23)
images -  (as Christ is the image of God, Col. 1:15)
impersonations or personifications (where things are spoken of as persons)
condescension's -  (as where God takes on human attributes)
diminutives -  (as in "little women, heaped with sins" II Tim. 3:6)
There are FIGURES OF ASSOCIATION which include:

association or metonymy's
appellations -  (as when a quality or office is used instead of a proper name, as in "Son of Mankind" instead of saying Jesus Christ)
compound associations -  (as "the word of the cross" I Cor. 1:18, which has to do with Christ's shameful and agonizing death)
near associations -  (as in a phrase that is partly literal, "Then went out to Him Jerusalem [that is the people of Jerusalem]", Matt. 3:5)
retention's -  (this one is too complicated to explain, but I'll give you an example, "the tablets of the heart" II Cor. 3:3)
circumlocutions or periphrasis (what is "circumlocution"? Well, it's a descriptive phrase in place of a name in order to emphasize the association. Examples, "the product of the grapevine [though not named is, wine]" Matt. 26:29, "the city of David [though not named is, Bethlehem]" Luke 2:11,
enigmas, and symbols -  (where a known object or something else is used to typify something else, or even an intangible quality such as love, power, beauty, etc.)
Here are many of the words from the book of Revelation used as SYMBOLS:

candlesticks
horses
locusts
beasts
birds
animals
dragons
heads
horns
teeth
tails
eyes
mouths
wings
hair
feet
hands
foreheads
odors
books
gold
seals
crowns
names
cities
nations
kings
tongues
Nicolaitans
Antipas
Armageddon
Balaam
Balak
Abaddon
Apollyon
Babylon
Sodom
Egypt
Jezebel

book of life
tree of life
water of life
hours
days
months
seasons
rod of iron
sickle
bow
blades
swords
reap
harvest
grass
trees
thrones
garments
robes
signs
images
wonders
marks
numbers
vials
trumpets
winds
rivers
lakes
seas
waters
clouds
floods
mountains
islands
lightnings
voices
thunders
earthquakes

hails
songs
winepresses
grapes
wine
balances
wheat
barley
oil
eye salve
pebbles
manna
wreaths
palm fronds
whores
harlots
fornications
keys
doors
temples
synagogues
pillars
rich
poor
blind
naked
hot
cold
lukewarm
blood
deaths
fire
sulfur
brimstone
smoke
sun
moon
stars
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:21:05 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.