bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "This is my beloved son..."  (Read 4083 times)

Wordsmaker

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
"This is my beloved son..."
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:37:56 PM »

Okay, this is question that i've had for years.  There could be an answer on this site but i haven't found it.  Here goes.  Since no one has seen the father at anytime or heard his voice, who said this?!:

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

If any of you have an idea about this i would appreciate your help.  I've wondered about this and looked for an answer but haven't found anything.  Those who believe in the, 'trinity' have an answer that's not acceptable to me.

Thanks,

carl

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: "This is my beloved son..."
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »

Hi Wordsmaker,

This is a link to a thread discussing this.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,4649.msg35856.html#msg35856
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wordsmaker

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »

Thanks Wanda,

I'll go check it out and see what i can find.  I appreciate your help.  I figured that there must be something on here about it but i hadn't found it.

carl

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 03:58:36 AM »

Hi Wordsmaker,

This is a link to a thread discussing this.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,4649.msg35856.html#msg35856

Ray's answer is found at the top of the 2nd page of the thread cited.

Ray's answer is Scriptural truth.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:07:32 AM by John from Kentucky »

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:35:21 PM »

Ray has explained this as John has already noted.
An additional question then comes to mind.
= =
Since God does not always communicate by causing the air to vibrate and send vibrations into our ears, how then does God communicate with
humans and for that matter other spiritual entities.
[Actually the sounds we hear are not thoughts but rather just symbols that we have learned to interpret as thoughts.]

Is it for example by introducing thoughts directly into our minds?
Was that one method used to inform the prophets of old?
When Jesus sends the "comforter" to us isn't that the spirit of Christ directly influencing our thoughts?
Indiana Bob

= = =

Actually there is no great mystery concerning this "voice" from heaven.

At Jesus' baptism we read: "And lo A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, saying, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased"  (Matt. 3:17).  Mark 1:11 and Luke 3:22 say virtually the same words.

Again in in John 12:28 we read:  "Father, Glorify Your Name.  Then came there A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."
On what is called 'The Mount of Transfiguration," we read this, "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold A VOICE OUT OF THE CLOUD, which said, This is My BelovedSon, in Whom I am well pleased; hear you Him"  (Matt. 17::5).
And this was something James, John, and Peter never forgot:  "   but [we] were eyewitnesses of His Majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such A VOICE TO HIM FROM THE EXCELLENT GLORY, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (II Pet. 1:17).

In all cases it is called "A voice," so this does not contradict the Scriptures which state that no man has ever heard the voice of God the Father.  It was "a voice," but it is a message from God the Father."  What is important is WHERE it came from, and WHAT the message was. In all cases the voice came FROM A HEAVENLY source, and the message established Jesus Christ as the greatest Human Who has ever lived, and the only one acknowledged by God,  to "PLEASE" God.

The message is from God out of Heaven, but it is delivered by a messenger. A dozen times in the book of Revelation we have messages from God delivered out of Heaven by messengers.

God be with you all,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.