bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Punishment of evil minded preachers/theologians  (Read 9398 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Re: Punishment of evil minded preachers/theologians
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »

Hi Zander
When I am on Facebook I sometimes encounter posts that are very disturbing. These posts
have just started recently from people that I worked with and knew very well. They are all
from different religious denominations but mostly Catholic. These posts mock Our Lord
and are degrading in my eyes, but they cannot see it. They think it’s ok. Example....
This lady that I worked with in Yellowknife posted a recipe for cookies for Easter this morning.
They were shortbread cookies shaped like a hand with a hole in the palm filled with red jelly
to look like blood and the Cooke’s were called (nailed it cookies).
I was fuming  😤 as I usually get when I see these things. Then I get really sad and just
stare at the screen wondering if I should say something or not. There are times when I will and
times when I remember Ray saying” Leave them alone, they don’t want to know” but today I
told that cookie lady that she is sick and I don’t regret it.But sometimes I do. I am slowly
learning to leave them alone because it’s all part of the plan. All of it. This is my experience.
Sincerely in Christ Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »

Hi Zander:

In a similar way, I used to post quite heavily on YouTube, until God began chastising me not to cast pearls before swine. It was an extremely challenging learning experience! I was led to simply watch and observe everything that is happening around us (Luke 12:54-56).   

Dean

zander

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 09:20:38 PM »

Hi

Musterseed - yes I understand the anger/offence at something like that.  I tend to stay away from commenting on religious subjects myself.  However, I keep being drawn to exposing the other worldly evils our governments do.  I keep thinking - well someone has to? And then think, I really should not.

AwesomeSavior - were you posting on religious videos?  Again, I keep away from those.  I can't help thinking we are sleep walking into WW3 at the moment.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 11:09:26 PM »

It’s all controlled by God Zander. Politics and media too my friend. Trust God ❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 07:28:06 AM »

Zander:

I was posting on religious, political, financial, and frivolous videos. Concerning WW3, a very descriptive conflict is mentioned in chapters 38 and 39 of Ezekiel.

Dean

zander

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »

I have read that Ezekiel passage.  I am not sure I understand it or who/what it is referring to.  Gog, as I understand it, is us - humanity.  Isn't it a spiritual passage rather than literal?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 01:53:38 AM »

Zander, there is every chance that you and I would be on opposite sides of a carnal Twitter argument, if I could stand being on Twitter.  Would you still love me, assuming you do now?

One of my favorite passages is Paul's sermon at Athens found in Acts.  Don't have a Bible with me to lay out chapter and verse.  Read that and see how "hard" Paul argued. Better yet, place yourself in his audience before placing yourself in his place.

What you actually do today is what you are compelled to do, and you will do it until you don't any more.  Until then count among your blessings that you are not arguing with ME.  😀  I count among mine when I'm not arguing with most people.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 01:57:15 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

zander

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »

Dave in Tenn.

Perhaps. But then I don't know what your thoughts are on other aspects of life beyond this website....

I imagine Paul was talking to an audience that was rejecting him or what he said.

There are moments on twitter where people's prejudices are exposed simply from asking questions and asking for proof/facts.  It isn't too disimilar to what Ray did here.  It's incredible how people can fall for the obvious lies, and I mean the obvious lies, that are so incumbent in this world.

yello62

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »

if i may add two cents to this discussion; the question i read was, will the punishment of those that preach eternal torment be greater than that of others.  for those of us that placed as believers, do we truly think that God will have less mercy on others than He has had on us?  we need to get away from thinking about “eye for an eye” judgement, and really start to recognize the corrective discipline that will actually occur.  yes there will be difficulties for all that are corrected, just as there is for us.  we recognize, namely because He has graciously granted us capacity to recognize, that the discipline is not punitive.  nor will the discipline used on others be punitive, it will be corrective, intentional, and given with same mercy that sent Christ to the cross while we ourselves were unabashed sinners.

indianabob

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 11:53:39 PM »

Sounds right to me and thanks for stating that so clearly.
Indiana bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.