bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isa. 65:25  (Read 5604 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Isa. 65:25
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:36:29 AM »

Hi my BT family, I have a question about Isa. 65:25, when it says that dust shall be the serpents meat.

Now we know that dust represent flesh, so can someone help me understand this, because no one will be destoryed or hurt In God's holy mountain?

Your sister in Christ Jesus,

Virginia

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: Isa. 65:25
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:13:30 PM »

Dear Virginia,

Please forgive my ignorant comment, as I clearly did not understand what the heck I was talking about. I think deleting it was the right thing to do.

God continues to humble me, and for that I am grateful.

In Christ's love
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »

Actually, Wanda, I rather liked your comment.

Virginia, we could look at this simply.  The verses around this passage refer to other animals who have "adversarial" relationships--predator and prey, dangerous and those to whom they are dangerous--and the change of "diet" among those who currently do harm.  A snake, in this context, does no harm eating dust.

But let's take it a step in a different direction.  Suppose this is referring now to Satan (that old serpent) and his "diet" of mankind.  What then?

Here's some bits that may help understanding.

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

and

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 03:15:49 AM »

Oh Dave, sometimes I can take something quiet simple, and weave it into chaos.

Maybe a snake really is just a snake.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:41:46 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

virginiabm

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »

Wanda, there is nothing to forgive, I apppreciate you helping me. Like you said maybe a snake is just a snake. Thank you Wanda.

On the funny side of this, I did'nt realize you had deleted your comment, and I thought for sure I saw maybe a snake is just a snake. I was confuse there for a while, then I thought maybe this is God putting this in my mind,  maybe a snake is just a snake. Well at this time in scripture Satan's work is done, so the snake is just a snake.

virginiabm

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:05 AM »

Dave, thank you. I do agree with Wanda's reply. It is simple and thank both of you for helping me see clearly.

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 05:50:30 PM »

Wanda, there is nothing to forgive, I apppreciate you helping me. Like you said maybe a snake is just a snake. Thank you Wanda.

On the funny side of this, I did'nt realize you had deleted your comment, and I thought for sure I saw maybe a snake is just a snake. I was confuse there for a while, then I thought maybe this is God putting this in my mind,  maybe a snake is just a snake. Well at this time in scripture Satan's work is done, so the snake is just a snake.

Thanks Virginia, it was a doubt that crept in, and took on a life of it's own. I am going to repost the comment here with some edits.

Hosea 2:18
"In that day I will also make a covenant for them With the beasts of the field, The birds of the sky And the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword and war from the land, And will make them lie down in safety.

Isaiah 65
21 They will build houses and dwell in them;
    they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
    or plant and others eat.
For as the days of a tree,
    so will be the days of my people;
my chosen ones will long enjoy
    the work of their hands.
23 They will not labor in vain,
    nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune

Isaiah 11:6

The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65-25

The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
    and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,”

It does appear All are in subjection under this new arraingement with the creator.

scripture, snakes/serpents,  are said to eat dust. (Genesis 3:14; Isaiah 65:25; Micah 7:17)

These animals usually take their food on the ground, also injesting dirt and sand; (dust)

Easton's bible dictionary...
"To lick the dust" is a sign of abject submission ( Psalms 72:9 )

Micah 7:17

They will lick dust like a snake, like creatures that crawl on the ground. They will come trembling out of their dens; they will turn in fear to the LORD our God and will be afraid of you.

Is it the Serpent that dines on the flesh/dust of man, or just another creatue in the animal kingdom?

As Virgina pointed out;
"Well  at this time in scripture Satan's work is done, so the snake is just a snake".

And, As Ray said, its all one thing.

Doug

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »

Hi Wanda,

I have been searching for where Ray said "it's all one thing". Others have mentioned it on the forum as well. Please let me know what Ray was saying. It's something I feel like I should know or have read by now.

Thanks,

Doug

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 04:34:29 PM »

Hi Wanda,

I have been searching for where Ray said "it's all one thing". Others have mentioned it on the forum as well. Please let me know what Ray was saying. It's something I feel like I should know or have read by now.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug, I hope this helps.

Transcript -  How hard  is getting saved.
https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

Doug

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

Thanks Wanda! I had read this sometime ago and can say I really missed the whole conclusion of the message. Ray packed so much into his teachings.

After this soaks into the gray matter a bit I will read again. A bit of a slow learner.

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »

Thanks Wanda! I had read this sometime ago and can say I really missed the whole conclusion of the message. Ray packed so much into his teachings.

After this soaks into the gray matter a bit I will read again. A bit of a slow learner.

Hi Doug, I found more of Ray's teaching on the subject.

Saved by Grace through Faith...June 2007 Bible Study

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,5417.0.html

It's All One Thing

Everything is heading in one direction. God is taking man through this hell on earth for a purpose. It’s necessary, but it all leads to one place. He’s going to have an end result for the work of His hand. He’s going to accomplish what He wants to accomplish out of the human race. But all these words, indignation - reconciliation - justification - predestination - propitiation - sanctification, they all mean the same thing. That’s what I’m going to show, in just one little segment of the next installment of the Lake of Fire.

So the more you study these scriptures, the more God opens your eyes to these things. It’s not that complicated. He only made it sound complicated, so that those who won’t obey, then it’s just all this fuzzy sanctimonious stuff that nobody can ever figure out. It’s not that hard. All the words they are just different aspects of the same thing.

It’s not that hard when you understand the basic parable of the Bible. That is God is making us into His image, through all this pain and suffering and everything. It all has a purpose whether we understand it at the time or not. It all has a purpose and it’s making us better and stronger and so on, for the end result. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.