bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's for your own good  (Read 4719 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
It's for your own good
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »

I would have preferred a time out, but at least I know I'm loved☺

Hebrews 12:5-11

5 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?

“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
    nor be weary when reproved by him.
6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and chastises every son whom he receives.”

7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

8 If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?

10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.

11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

yello62

Re: It's for your own good
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »

Wanda,

Not certain what He is bringing you through, but, I am sixteen years in a multi-front attack.  I have expressed to Poppa 1) I do not question His authority to do in my life as He sees fit, 2) that I see this as a stamp, an imprimatur, that indicates sonship, and His love of me, 3) I cannot handle much more... unless He deigns elsewise.

Sincerely,

Tony

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »

Luke 8:43
And a woman was there who was subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could
heal her. 44-She came up behind Him and touched the edge of His cloak and immediately
her bleeding stopped.45- “ Who touched me?” Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said” Master , the people are crowding and pressing against you.
46- But Jesus said,” Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”
47- Then the woman seeing that she could not go unnoticed,came trembling and fell at His
feet. In the presence of all the people,she told why she had touched Him and how she had been instantly healed. “ Then He said to her,”Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in Peace.”❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 11:56:29 PM »

Thanks Pamela,
Your quotes are helpful and appropriate.
Bob

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:54:35 PM »

Wanda,

Not certain what He is bringing you through, but, I am sixteen years in a multi-front attack.  I have expressed to Poppa 1) I do not question His authority to do in my life as He sees fit, 2) that I see this as a stamp, an imprimatur, that indicates sonship, and His love of me, 3) I cannot handle much more... unless He deigns elsewise.

Sincerely,

Tony

Thank you Tony.

I was reading the book of Hebrews at the time, and these verses reminded me of a loving parent, who after disciplining  a child, would explain why the punishment was necessary and really for their own good. I had read these scriptures before, but this time they had a significantly deeper meaning.

Tony, I truly believe the worst that can happen is behind me now, and I hope you will soon feel the same.

Isaiah 66:9

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord

12. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:46:55 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »

Thank you Pamela, such a moving account and comforting message for us all.

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »

Tony, I don't know if this helps any, but my biggest obstacle to overcome was relying on God. I am a very independent person, instilled by necessity really.  Turning to anyone for anything is not an easy thing for me to do, and not something I would  consider an option, in most circumstances.

It took many personal tragedies, over a long period of time, as well as Gods truth, before I was humbled to the point of understanding, I could do nothing without him, nor did I want to. Now I can't even imagine not having him to rely on.

Also, knowing and believing these truths, was  just the beginning. It was BIG but not as big as the changes he worked in humbling me. It was then I started to see many blessings in my life.

Hang in there, God is doing  important work in your life. When it is complete, you'll understand why it had to be this way.

Anyway, that's how it was for me.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 12:54:26 AM »

Tony, I don't know if this helps any, but my biggest obstacle to overcome was relying on God. I am a very independent person, instilled by necessity really.  Turning to anyone for anything is not an easy thing for me to do, and not something I would  consider an option, in most circumstances.

It took many personal tragedies, over a long period of time, as well as Gods truth, before I was humbled to the point of understanding, I could do nothing without him, nor did I want to. Now I can't even imagine not having him to rely on.

Also, knowing and believing these truths, was  just the beginning. It was BIG but not as big as the changes he worked in humbling me. It was then I started to see many blessings in my life.

Hang in there, God is doing  important work in your life. When it is complete, you'll understand why it had to be this way.

Anyway, that's how it was for me.
= = +

Agree completely Wanda,
God is not trying to make us fail in our human effort to obey, but rather God is showing us that we need His help.
God will keep putting obstacles in our path until we give up doing it all ourselves and beg for His help to strengthen and to lead.

The Lord Jesus set the example the night before his death and I'm sure in all the years leading up to that event.
All is of God, Jesus didn't fail because God would not let him fail...

No matter how many accomplishments we may be able to boast about it is vital that we learn to put our full trust in God.

yello62

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »

Wanda,

I appreciate the encouragement.  A little background on me; The Father granted me awareness 35 years ago.  By awareness, I mean, acceptance that He is, and that He is doing something in creation.  The past 35 years have been one of painful, painful discovery.  Discovery mostly that His declarations are just that, declarations.  Not just His declarations of what He is doing in the world, but His declarations concerning me and my placement.  As I stated, I've been in a multi-faceted and difficult experience for the past sixteen years, probably much longer, if I were to be honest about it.  On this side of the experience, I see His hand all over it.  It does not diminish the pain, but pain is part of the experience of His planted ones.  I believe someone made mention of Christ's experience prior to the crucifixion.  He was in great anguish approaching the experience, and I guarantee that the pain of the crucifixion was NOT diminished in any way.  As the scripture says, for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross. 

I would love to say that I have not had moments where the stress and strain of this has not gotten the best of me, but that would be a lie, and not helpful in any way, shape, or form.  The Father has been doing amazing things in my life through this trial.  Amazing things, things that could not be accomplished any other way, not in my life, and not with the constraints He provided me.  It is painful, to be sure, and I have been given the freedom to express that pain in His presence, but like our Christ, I have to capitulate when I ask for the cup to be taken away, "...not my will be done, but thine..."

Take care,

Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.