bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul,Apostle of Christ  (Read 17436 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Re: Paul,Apostle of Christ
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 10:50:36 PM »

This is my reason for not going to see this movie, decern for yourselves

Actor who plays Luke who also played Jesus in Passion and will again play Jesus in the
 next one.
GoogleYouTube
JimCaviezel”Paul,Apostle of Christ SLS18

Please listen to all of it.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

ZekeSr

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 09:32:27 AM »

I watched the YouTube video, Pamela. And here is what came to mind:

Matthew 15:9 'And they revere me in vain while they teach the doctrines of the commandments of man.'

And that is why I won't go to see this movie, either. My opinion.

Mike

microlink

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »

Very interesting comments from everyone. Seeing a movie for whatever reason is a personal thing, and I don't believe it has anything to do with being converted or righteous. It may educate some. My own preference is not to go to those kinds of movies because they would make me cringe occasionally because of the inability of movie makers to really represent the truth. A movie can not do justice in any way shape or form to God's Word. I stay away because it bothers me to see them TRY to represent the stories in the bible. After all, isn't the motivation of these film makers to make money?

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 03:19:35 PM »

This is my reason for not going to see this movie, decern for yourselves

Actor who plays Luke who also played Jesus in Passion and will again play Jesus in the
 next one.
GoogleYouTube
JimCaviezel”Paul,Apostle of Christ SLS18

Please listen to all of it.

Thank you for sharing this Pamela.

That was one of the most blatent, in your face display of self importance,  I've ever witnessed.

I think he's starting to believe he is Christ himself. He was 33 when he played Jesus, he was struck by lightening, almost died of hypothermia, as a result,  had open heart surgery, and most importantly,  dislocated his shoulder just as Jesus did.

God is certainly accomplishing great and wonderous things in the earth right now, lift up your heads, your deliverence is near.

I'm left with one thought...who can know the elevated wisdom of God, in using evil for his good.

Romans 11:33: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"

Having my eyes opened, makes it clear to me, seeing the movie would have no benifit in my life at this time, even though others might, if it is Gods will for them.

Most importantly Pamela, knowing you as I do, I should have never doubted your judgment or decision, regarding this movie. I can only pray for forgiveness.

Maybe applying this scripture, would simplify our understanding  of God's will for us.

Corinthians 10:31 which says, “So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”

When I watched the Passion of The Chrst, I believed with all my heart,  I was doing it for his glory, It hurt allot to face that much suffering. I wouldn't be able to see this movie with the attitude of glorifying.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:10:16 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

octoberose

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 03:08:31 AM »

I must be looking up the wrong  you tube video.
 I'll see it - not in the theater but I'll see it. I usually gain something from movies like this  and I know what I can see and what I can't see .
 About ten years ago I was part of a conference and Jim Caviezel was one of the speakers- this is before I knew anything about the teachings of bible truths. And I remember at the time thinking how sad he was. He's adopted children from China with cancer- he tries to live out his faith.  I found him to be earnest and self effacing .

ZekeSr

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 09:04:22 AM »

What we are seeing discussed here is the desire to experience something “more” than what can be read in Scripture—the desire to actually have a front row seat to the events. I know the feeling; I have it, too. It is a natural temptation… I would love to see this movie. But… Herein lies my problem. I believe it really does fall under the umbrella of a true temptation. And I already know, just from watching the trailer, how powerful a temptation it can be. But I also know, just from watching that trailer, just how much this movie strays from the truth. It matters not one bit how well intentioned the writers, actors, and producers may be. It matters not one bit how good a person Jim Caviezel may or may not be. Billy Graham was a good man by human standards, too. So, what? This movie is a Catholic version of Paul full of made up dialog and dogma which is: Quote, “imbued with Scripture without it having been read to them.” And that Scripture is going to be surrounded with all kinds of made up dialog and dogma. I don’t condemn anyone for going to see the movie; you will do whatever you are moved to do. Perhaps it may be simple curiosity. But, personally, I don’t see the point in paying to see something that I know is tainted, just because it may stir my adrenaline into a false feeling of worship no different than those tear driven arm wavers at a Billy Graham crusade. All the while, I’ll have to pick out the “good stuff” from the "bad," and say that’s ok because I know better. No, it's not ok because I do know better.
My opinion.
Mike

indianabob

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »

I must be looking up the wrong  you tube video.
 I'll see it - not in the theater but I'll see it. I usually gain something from movies like this  and I know what I can see and what I can't see .
 About ten years ago I was part of a conference and Jim Caviezel was one of the speakers- this is before I knew anything about the teachings of bible truths. And I remember at the time thinking how sad he was. He's adopted children from China with cancer- he tries to live out his faith.  I found him to be earnest and self effacing .

Hi friend Octoberose,

Your comment is fine with me and I suppose that I could think the same.

One addition just for something to consider. No criticism of any previous thoughts...

Jim also plays a part in the TV drama "Person of Interest" in which he coolly and without emotion executes criminals that slip through the hands of regular law enforcement. All of this while taking instructions from a secret computer that sees through posted street cameras and listens to telephone calls of citizens who according to the computer's programming may be in trouble with other persons or the law.

I have watched the program a few times during it's four seasons on TV, but I don't recommend it for the gullible who may put too much stock in the wisdom of computers programmed by a government functionary.  ::)

So, should we judge Mr. Caviezel's sincerity based on the type of movie scripts he accepts or does it even matter since it is just a job?
I wonder about this with all actors and producers. After all it is mythical fiction that is produced to entertain us as opposed to real life and yet I am reminded of the old saying "truth is stranger than fiction". (smile)

We on the forum are very blessed to be able to see through much of this fiction and become enlightened by the real truth.
Indiana bob

Tim Krantz

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »

I'm going to see it, and suggest to Christian friends that have believed the commands of men, rather than God to hold a fact checking of the entire movie. I look it as an opportunity for good. Besides the popcorn is calling me.

indianabob

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2018, 03:20:07 PM »

I'm going to see it, and suggest to Christian friends that have believed the commands of men, rather than God to hold a fact checking of the entire movie. I look it as an opportunity for good. Besides the popcorn is calling me.

Good point Tim. Home made popped corn is just not the same as good ole hot movie popped corn, especially during the car chase or the cowboys riding after a herd of stampeding cattle.   :D

octoberose

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 03:59:46 AM »

Indianabob, I wonder about those things too.  :-\

Heidi

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »

God has recently been working in my life with regard to the things I allow into my own life, such as what type of movies I see or the tv programs I watch....they all do influence us is some way or form.

For this reason I now try and apply Paul's words in my life:

The apostle Paul said, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things and the God of peace will be with you" (Philippians 4:8).

Some things cannot be unseen so it's better to not see it in the first place.

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

lareli

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2018, 07:18:54 PM »

Are the elect to judge all things?

How could one make a righteous judgment if they refuse to see.. how can evil be discerned from good if it’s not first considered?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »

Are the elect to judge all things?

How could one make a righteous judgment if they refuse to see.. how can evil be discerned from good if it’s not first considered?

One reason may be because they have already seen and considered. 

I probably won't see the movie.  First, because I hardly ever go to the movies and this one won't likely change that pattern.  Second, because I've never really enjoyed movies based on bible-stories or characters.  As "realistic" as Hollywood can sometimes make things, my own imagination is generally superior.  I prefer the book.   ;D

But I might see it, eventually, somehow and somewhere.  Ray Smith had to read Bill Weisse's book in order to "critique" it.  He was able to do that at that point in his "walk".  We each need to consider ourselves. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 01:03:22 AM »

I agree Dave,
Each person is progressing at the pace that God has set for them.
We all will be judging all thing with Lord Jesus AFTER we are fully prepared and ready.
At this time, in this life we have no real idea of the responsibilities and challenges that will be set before us.
God knows how much we each can handle and inspires each of us according to His perfect will.

Indiana bob

lareli

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »

I agree Dave,
Each person is progressing at the pace that God has set for them.
We all will be judging all thing with Lord Jesus AFTER we are fully prepared and ready.
At this time, in this life we have no real idea of the responsibilities and challenges that will be set before us.
God knows how much we each can handle and inspires each of us according to His perfect will.

Indiana bob

Is this right bob? Is each person progressing? Or hasn’t God created vessels that are not to progress in this life.. some who’s purpose is to trip up/deceive/influence others on their walk and discourage them from discerning between good and evil for themselves? All part of His plan for each..

Is it even possible to progress at all without discerning between good and evil?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:12:14 AM by largeli »

indianabob

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »

Dear friend Largeli,

Your comment gives pause to my all encompassing statement.
You make a valid point.
I should not group all members of the forum together or even all humans together as if God was granting progress to all in this age.

After some thought I will defend myself just a little.
I used to belong to Worldwide church and observed the seventh day sabbath as well as the "Jewish" holy days and some of the commandments that Jesus observed during his time on earth. The challenges I faced with my family during that time were unnecessary for those who believe in grace as opposed to keeping the law, but of course I did not know any better until God opened my eyes. So it was after my eyes were opened that God began to grant me progress in the right direction.

I don't believe that God always sends deceivers to trip up those elect that God has called according to His purpose. My thought is that God allows His chosen to be drawn away by their own human weaknesses in order to "compel" them to recognize their limitations and weaknesses and to seek God's help and strengthening.
So in that situation God is like a good sports coach who tests a team member to show them their limitations and to help them recognize that no matter how strong and talented they think that they are they still NEED God and always will.

I hope that this response may better explain my understanding.

Correction of the moderators is welcome. Indiana bob

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »

Is it even possible to progress at all without discerning between good and evil?

Discerning BETWEEN good and evil is actually the easy part.  It can be "done" by the heathen, the godless, and by any spiritual "minor". 

Gen_2:16  And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Eating you may eat of every tree in the garden;
Gen_2:17  but of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you may not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die.

The Knowledge of both GOOD and EVIL was in the fruit of the tree.  There isn't the fruit of the knowledge of evil on one branch, and the fruit of the knowledge of good on the other.  When Adam ate, he ate the knowledge of them both in the same fruit.  You can't have one without the other.

Paul put it this way:

Heb_5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Both good and evil.  Both.

This can't be done by the heathen, the godless, and by spiritual "minors".  "Heb 5:13  ...for everyone partaking of milk is without experience in the Word of Righteousness, for he is an infant."  They may "know" their milk is "good" and may even "know" that other "milk" is evil, but that's the limit of their "knowledge".  And it's difficult at best to talk to them like you would "them that are of full age."       
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:29:24 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »

Discerning BETWEEN good and evil is actually the easy part.  It can be "done" by the heathen, the godless, and by any spiritual "minor". 

Gen_2:16  And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Eating you may eat of every tree in the garden;
Gen_2:17  but of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you may not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die.

The Knowledge of both GOOD and EVIL was in the fruit of the tree.  There isn't the fruit of the knowledge of evil on one branch, and the fruit of the knowledge of good on the other.  When Adam ate, he ate the knowledge of them both in the same fruit.  You can't have one without the other.

Paul put it this way:

Heb_5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Both good and evil.  Both.

This can't be done by the heathen, the godless, and by spiritual "minors".  "Heb 5:13  ...for everyone partaking of milk is without experience in the Word of Righteousness, for he is an infant."  They may "know" their milk is "good" and may even "know" that other "milk" is evil, but that's the limit of their "knowledge".  And it's difficult at best to talk to them like you would "them that are of full age."     

Bare with me Dave.. I know I’m missing something here..

You started by saying that discerning between good and evil can be done by the heathen, the godless, etc.. but then your last statement says that discerning both good and evil can’t be done by the heathen, etc..

It looks like you’re making a distinction between the words “between” and “both” but I don’t see how they are different in the sense of “discerning between/both good and evil”??

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 02:50:58 PM »

It looks like I'm making that distinction because I am.  I don't doubt the value of discerning between good and evil (remembering that the word "evil" carries no explicit moral connotation).  Some people don't get that far.  Understanding what an EVIL is and what a GOOD is is fine, though even that much takes the refining fire of God to perfect.

Can you name me one event, or situation, or condition that actually IS both Good and Evil?  Or one that produces both good and evil?  Or requires both good and evil?  Scripture seems to me full of them, and so does life.  These are waters too deep for minors.  Minors want things cut and dried.   

lareli

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2018, 10:43:11 AM »

It looks like I'm making that distinction because I am.  I don't doubt the value of discerning between good and evil (remembering that the word "evil" carries no explicit moral connotation).  Some people don't get that far.  Understanding what an EVIL is and what a GOOD is is fine, though even that much takes the refining fire of God to perfect.

Can you name me one event, or situation, or condition that actually IS both Good and Evil?  Or one that produces both good and evil?  Or requires both good and evil?  Scripture seems to me full of them, and so does life.  These are waters too deep for minors.  Minors want things cut and dried.   

Nicely put.

To answer those questions.. the movie ‘Paul, Apostle of Christ’  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.