bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul,Apostle of Christ  (Read 17298 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Paul,Apostle of Christ
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2018, 11:49:50 AM »

Nicely put.

To answer those questions.. the movie ‘Paul, Apostle of Christ’  ;D
= = =

Well maybe, but only if we edit the script to make it follow scripture.
As it stands it is most likely a fiction praising "men's" wisdom rather than God.

We will be waiting on your first hand appraisal of the films value to believers.  :)
I-bob

lareli

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »

Nicely put.

To answer those questions.. the movie ‘Paul, Apostle of Christ’  ;D
= = =

Well maybe, but only if we edit the script to make it follow scripture.

Well if we did that then the movie would no longer be both good and evil... it would only be ‘good’ (presumably). The question was ‘can you name me one event, or situation, or condition that is both good and evil, or one that produces both good and evil, or requires both good and evil?’.. I think I’d have a harder time thinking of something that was only good or only evil in its totality.

I had no plans or interest in seeing the movie before this Bob but if you’re looking forward to a critique of it.. perhaps (God willing) I’ll see it and let you know, friend!

Have a good weekend guys!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:39:26 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2018, 08:46:53 PM »

Hi Largeli
Your question, can you name me one event, or situation, or condition that is both good and evil, or one that produces both good and evil or requires both good and evil.

I am going to say the crucifixion of Jesus Christ required both good and evil to achieve its
purpose . Please correct me if I am mistaken.   In Christ , Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lareli

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »

Hi Largeli
Your question, can you name me one event, or situation, or condition that is both good and evil, or one that produces both good and evil or requires both good and evil.

I am going to say the crucifixion of Jesus Christ required both good and evil to achieve its
purpose . Please correct me if I am mistaken.   In Christ , Pamela

Hi Pamela,

It was actually Dave’s question but, yes, I’d say I agree with you there.

Stacey

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »

Life - An event, situation, condition that produces and requires both good and evil.
Stacey

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »

Whoops sorry 😐 Largeli.

Stacey your statement about life being both good and evil now has me asking another question
about the opposite.

Is death good and evil? I guess how you die , eg, murder is evil.But what about death itself,
cause to be honest some days being dead seems good to me. I don’t know if I’m making sense anymore. I’m overwhelmed with people coming out of the woodwork, neighbours dropping by
for tea, old friends from years ago calling, bad news for someone I love, sisters having
problems, my kids are having trials. I try to be attentive to all the different conversations
but I feel like I’m pretending and I don’t feel good about that. Sorry for venting guys, just
one of those days, God Bless all of you.   Sincerely in Christ Pamela

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2018, 09:42:17 PM »

Whoops sorry  Largeli.

Stacey your statement about life being both good and evil now has me asking another question
about the opposite.

Is death good and evil? I guess how you die , eg, murder is evil.But what about death itself,
cause to be honest some days being dead seems good to me. I don’t know if I’m making sense anymore. I’m overwhelmed with people coming out of the woodwork, neighbours dropping by
for tea, old friends from years ago calling, bad news for someone I love, sisters having
problems, my kids are having trials. I try to be attentive to all the different conversations
but I feel like I’m pretending and I don’t feel good about that. Sorry for venting guys, just

Pamela, most of us here can empathize. Some days are better than others, I call those blessings☺

This is what scripture tells us about death.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sin, is the evil and death is the consequence.

This verse sounds like, under the right coditions, death would be a blessing.

Revelation 14:13

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

This human experience is most certainly not easy, but if we draw close to God durring our most difficult trials, he will be our bridge over troubled waters. These are the times I pray the most, because I cannot endure some of these trials alone. More and more, I feel this carnal life is unnatural.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Draw close to the comforter and he will ease your mind and give you peace.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:48:09 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2018, 01:27:39 AM »

Whoops sorry 😐 Largeli.

about the opposite.

Pamela, (and Wanda) just a slight adjustment to your thinking on this.  The words translated (most often) as "Evil" into English don't have a moral bias to them.  In other words, they don't "mean" "sinful acts" like murder.  Being murdered is certainly an evil, and committing murder is certainly an evil ACT/DEED/WORK done to somebody else.  But there are other ways to die.  I'll stop there.  This can be a bit of a hard concept to grasp since most of us grew up with Preachers who didn't use sound language.

Yes, I think death (or rather DYING) is both good and evil--no matter how young or healthy, old or unhealthy the person is.

When Ray died, this passage jammed its way into my mind.

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

I always took that verse to mean something like "We better clean up our act, (Or say the prayer, or whatever) before we die or we'll get left out."

But now (and in that moment) I understand it to mean just what it says.  This corruptible MUST put on incorruption, and this mortal MUST put on immortality.  Because THAT'S THE WAY IT WORKS.  It HAS to happen that way.  We don't take on one without losing the other.  Not even those who are "alive and remain" escape this CHANGE/EXCHANGE. 

So, yes---death (or rather DYING) is an evil--there's no worse thing that can befall a LIVING SOUL--but in it is the promise of better, MUCH better.  How much better is Immortality than Mortality?  It's more than the difference between a mustard seed and a fruit bearing mustard plant.  And that's good.

Anyway...do mustard plants bear fruit?  As far as I know, I've only eaten it out of a jar or squeeze bottle. 

Anyway...I've had one of those weeks myself the last few days.  It's burdensome at times--and that's an evil.   ;D  Hang in there, He's growing you up through all this and you can't fail, ultimately.

Stacey, nicely put.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:31:41 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »

Thanks Dave, great perspective. My own experiences with much loss, as well as Gods truths,  have influenced my thinking on death and it's place in his ultimate plan. I tend to view the suffering as the evil and death being a welcome relief. Maybe I need to seek out mental help🤔
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

ZekeSr

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »

Thanks Dave, great perspective. My own experiences with much loss, as well as Gods truths,  have influenced my thinking on death and it's place in his ultimate plan. I tend to view the suffering as the evil and death being a welcome relief. Maybe I need to seek out mental help🤔
You don't need help, Wanda. Over the period of a decade, I watched my brother deteriorate from a healthy and strong individual into a bed ridden, unable to communicate, tube fed, frozen stiff slug before he died of Parkinson's disease. Death may be the final enemy, but it can be a welcome relief with the sure knowledge that the awakening will come. I miss my brother every day, and sometimes it hurts me to tears, but I'm glad he sleeps. I know he is better off for the time being.

Mike

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2018, 05:35:28 PM »

I'm not going to be "relieved" when I'm dead.  I'm going to be dead.  "Suffering" is only for the living.  "Relief" is only for the living. 

The living know that they shall die, but the dead know nothing.

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »

I'm not going to be "relieved" when I'm dead.  I'm going to be dead.  "Suffering" is only for the living.  "Relief" is only for the living. 

The living know that they shall die, but the dead know nothing.

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

Thanks for the link Dave, very encouraging.

I don't know anyone here on BT that would disagree with you on this truth Dave. The welcome relief, would be for the living,  who endured the suffering right along with the one who suffered. The dead person's spirit is returned to the father, thus they are being relieved of their suffering.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:26:18 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2018, 07:04:20 PM »

Thanks Dave, great perspective. My own experiences with much loss, as well as Gods truths,  have influenced my thinking on death and it's place in his ultimate plan. I tend to view the suffering as the evil and death being a welcome relief. Maybe I need to seek out mental help
You don't need help, Wanda. Over the period of a decade, I watched my brother deteriorate from a healthy and strong individual into a bed ridden, unable to communicate, tube fed, frozen stiff slug before he died of Parkinson's disease. Death may be the final enemy, but it can be a welcome relief with the sure knowledge that the awakening will come. I miss my brother every day, and sometimes it hurts me to tears, but I'm glad he sleeps. I know he is better off for the time being.

Mike

I  feel your pain Mike. Just to be clear though, I was interjecting a wee bit of humor about seeking mental help.I've always been considered a little abinormal by some, for my unorthodox views on many issues.☺
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:25:28 PM by Wanda »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »

Wanda, Dave, Mike
Thankyou all so much for your comforting and wise words.
There is so much suffering all around me and I know it has to be this way.
 But when it’s your own it’s much harder to deal with. Sadness envelops me.
All my trust is in the Lord and He will see me and my loved ones through this trial. He
always has. His will be done. I love all of you. In Christ, Pamela

lareli

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2018, 05:01:28 PM »

Is it even possible to progress at all without discerning between good and evil?

Discerning BETWEEN good and evil is actually the easy part.  It can be "done" by the heathen, the godless, and by any spiritual "minor". 

Gen_2:16  And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Eating you may eat of every tree in the garden;
Gen_2:17  but of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you may not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die.

The Knowledge of both GOOD and EVIL was in the fruit of the tree.  There isn't the fruit of the knowledge of evil on one branch, and the fruit of the knowledge of good on the other.  When Adam ate, he ate the knowledge of them both in the same fruit.  You can't have one without the other.

Paul put it this way:

Heb_5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Both good and evil.  Both.

This can't be done by the heathen, the godless, and by spiritual "minors".  "Heb 5:13  ...for everyone partaking of milk is without experience in the Word of Righteousness, for he is an infant."  They may "know" their milk is "good" and may even "know" that other "milk" is evil, but that's the limit of their "knowledge".  And it's difficult at best to talk to them like you would "them that are of full age."     

Was thinking about the topic.. discerning between good and evil.

I think most people discern between better and worse only. I think discernment between good and evil is not something many can do. I think discernment between better and worse masquerades as discernment between good and evil.

Just a thought I had and didn’t want to start another thread.

Never saw the movie by the way. I did see Jurassic Workd with my daughter last weekend though. Fun movie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.