bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discord.  (Read 3559 times)

Karen_47

Discord.
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »

Discord.

I read about sowing of discord and sowing seeds of Godliness and or strife and the evil kind of discord is what I need help on understanding.  Or more likely, A sower of discord. I deal with that sometimes from people who do not have a spiritual walk with the Lord. I just want to know how to deal with it, because t
It's caused alot of problems and especially mentally to where it seems theres no 'cause' [where it started how it started coverups to an extreme, to cover up.] because of how bad its been.. Can we the saints fail in our spiritual walk because of the bad seeds sown into our lives by individuals who Don't have the understanding we have.....
Some push it to the level of chaos. And, your left with a stupid understanding of it rather than just saying. "Oh, ok" "maturity alert". If you know what I mean...... So,
I need help on this, and I'm wondering if this is the way we should understand it in this website right here,:https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=A0SO80xolphaXqMAc9R8CWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByM3V1YTVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1519978216/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2ftruthontheweb.org%2fSower_Of_Discord.pdf/RK=0/RS=.scK_C6SXvfw27g.B6ywDsBt7hs-

,Or if you can recommend me a better website about this topic would be appreciated, And thank you.

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Discord.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:23:53 PM »

Hi Karen,

I believe most of us have had dealings with people like this,  it's part of the sinful human pride.

Sowing discord is planting seeds of strife, disharmony, conflict, disagreement and rebellion among people for the intent of destruction of harmony and peace.
You mentioned chaos, and this is the perfect recipe for it.

The best council is found in scriptue, which can be applied to your own personal situation.

Proverbs 6:12–15

12    A worthless person, a wicked man,
goes about with crooked speech,

13    winks with his eyes, signals with his feet,
points with his finger,

14    with perverted heart devises evil,
continually sowing discord;

15    therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly;

Titus 3:10-11 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Romans 16:17-18 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Karen_47

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »

Yes, Perfect answers to the situation. Thank you wanda, the thing is, I have applied these simple truths to these awful situations I still get frustrated and, Um the individual seems to find another way into the mess upon mess that they create....... But, you know, True, Scripture is never wrong ofcourse and we will have to all go through difficulties by God"s will in our, (Saints) own lives. I am definatley sure God does create our Character in difficult situations but, does it just go on and on unto it's blown out of proportion and it appears we become more perfect by character rather than like, deed, word and thought..... ? I don't know, but I guess discord will just have to be punished by God.

Thank You, Wanda.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:05:43 PM »

Wanda:

Those verses you quoted reminded me of a former co-worker who worked from April of '99 until September 2012 at my former employer. He was constantly scheming and playing practical jokes on everyone, and God forbid if he didn't like you! That's when the situation would get nasty (like leaving screws in certain parking spaces) and doing other unmentionable things, just like the Scriptures painted him.

One Friday afternoon he left work early, and at 3 A.M. he had a massive seizure and was taken to the hospital. He lingered there for another 6 days, suffering a couple of strokes, before his wife disconnected him from life support. He wasn't young (79), but he was also the smoothest talking flatterer I had ever known, and was able to get away with his various shenanigans with the bosses. Until one day........

Dean

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »

Hi Dean,

This story had a better outcome I think.

Mine, was an old retired, Detroit cop. I was working at a hospital at the time, as a supervisor, in Risk Management.  One of my responsibilities was to oversee the security department. This one guard,  would put raw shrimps in peoples hubcaps, while their cars baked in the summer heat. Stir up conflict among the other gaurds and sit back and laugh.

First I used verbal reprimand then writing him up, but nothing got through to him. I didn't want to terminate him, he was just an old man, taking care of his eldery mother, and trying to stay productive in his later years.i had to find a way to reach him, before the worst happened, but the worst happened first.

For some reason, hospital employees were fascinated with the  morgue, and some ladies from medical records, were easily enticed,  by this guy to go with him to see it. Unfortunatly, for us all, he had deviced a  horrible prank, that caused one of the women to faint and hit her head on something, requiring her to get stitches. Now the hospital administrator was involved, and I was being given an ultimatum, correct this, or he would take matters into his own hands.

I decided to beat him at his own game, by hiding a Gurnee that contained a dead body, that he left unattended, big no no, against hospital policy. I knew he would have to come to me, and confess, because he would never find the body, I made sure if it. There was no denying his responsibility, he had signed the log, at the nurses station,  as the person transporting the body to the morgue.

The outcome, was more than I could hope for, there were real tears, a humble heart, remorse and gratude for showing him compassion instead of terminating his employment.

He worked another three years without a single incident, before retiring. Karen, maybe you could find something harmless to teach a lesson, hopefully not involving a dead body.☺

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:19:52 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.