bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media campaign  (Read 11460 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Media campaign
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 06:08:18 PM »

Largeli,

It might have had something to do with his unimaginable pain level, as well as the pain meds. I've seen first hand how that can influence a persons thinking.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

Pamela shared this.

News week
More Christion persecution and genoside than any time in history.

http://www.newsweek.com/christian-persecution-genocide-worse-ever-770462
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 11:49:55 PM »

Satan rules over the Christian Church.

Jesus said Satan was a murderer from the beginning.

Why is it odd that Christians are murdered?  Satan loves killing his own.  Satan loves killing and destruction.  He loves the wars and killing among all the different divisions of his followers around the world.

Wanda

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »

Satan rules over the Christian Church.

Jesus said Satan was a murderer from the beginning.

Why is it odd that Christians are murdered?  Satan loves killing his own.  Satan loves killing and destruction.  He loves the wars and killing among all the different divisions of his followers around the world.

And God saw EVERY THING that He had made [including Satan, the Adversary], and, behold, it was VERY GOOD..." (Gen. 1:31).

I see nothing odd John. God created Satan for this purpose, and he is doing just as the Father has willed.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 09:30:35 PM »

Let's not ever forget that every human's works are judged, whether they be good works (to be refined) or bad works (to be burned).  There is NO BAD NEWS in the end.  It's all according to God's order and timing, but in the end, God will be all in all.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 09:59:40 PM »

1 Corth.15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

All means All

Amen to that brothers and sisters
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »

Hi Wanda,

Just as we on the forum are tempted to share our faith with family and friends who don't understand and are not interested in changing.
The "christian folks" in Eastern nations are hated by the Hindu or Muslim religious who become irritated and fearful of disturbance in their familiar cultures when Christians proselytize among their young adults and children and turn their children against them.
People don't like changes that they do not understand and they resent traitors to their culture that has been in place for their whole lives.

In a similar manner we in small town America don't appreciate it when Muslims try to get Sharia law established in our Judaeo/Christian cities.
WE like and are comfortable with the culture we are accustomed to.
So for whatever reason in their hearts or in the reasoning of their leadership Christians are courting trouble when they "push" their religion upon others who don't want to hear it. Especially when they work together to make successful lives while others are poor and suffering.

When Jesus commanded the apostles to go out and preach the good news in foreign nations where Jewish believers lived, weren't they preaching mainly to Jews who already knew the scriptures? Perhaps we should limit our preaching to folks who are interested and move on if they show no interest. Dan 2:21, Romans 13:1-4

I have read that when Iraq was controlled by Saddam Hussein there was no trouble with Coptic Christians because he prevented it as long as they didn't criticize his government. He was busy fighting Iran's government.

So my question is, are we required by scripture to proselytize aggressively in order to please God?
Are we required to criticize the government when God allows and upholds the powers that exist?
The organized church denominations seem to want growth and popularity and encourage their members to bring in new members.
Don't you just love it when strangers knock on your door to invite you to "know Jesus" and make a donation?

On the other hand perhaps God desires to show the world how cruel they are and uses their cruel acts to make His point.

Let's hear from the moderators,
Indiana bob

Pamela shared this.

News week

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »

I agree Dennis.  In most of the Middle East and Muslim countries, if you come in the name of Jesus Christ, you are asking to be killed.

And they have been called.

But remember the parable of the wheat and tares.  An enemy (Satan) came and planted the tares among the good seed.  The tares are from their father Satan.  Only at the harvest will the good seed be gathered into the barn and the tares burned.  Every parable speaks of the Many and the Elect Few.

This just came to mind John:

Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Wanda

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »

Let's not ever forget that every human's works are judged, whether they be good works (to be refined) or bad works (to be burned).  There is NO BAD NEWS in the end.  It's all according to God's order and timing, but in the end, God will be all in all.   

Thanks for reminding us Dave.

Such perfection of love and joy, can only be imagined now, but it is a wonderous truth he has given us to understand, and the reason I now feel, being a spiritual being, is a more natural state of existence than this fleshly one.

Wanda

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »

Hi Wanda,

Just as we on the forum are tempted to share our faith with family and friends who don't understand and are not interested in changing.
The "christian folks" in Eastern nations are hated by the Hindu or Muslim religious who become irritated and fearful of disturbance in their familiar cultures when Christians proselytize among their young adults and children and turn their children against them.
People don't like changes that they do not understand and they resent traitors to their culture that has been in place for their whole lives.

In a similar manner we in small town America don't appreciate it when Muslims try to get Sharia law established in our Judaeo/Christian cities.
WE like and are comfortable with the culture we are accustomed to.
So for whatever reason in their hearts or in the reasoning of their leadership Christians are courting trouble when they "push" their religion upon others who don't want to hear it. Especially when they work together to make successful lives while others are poor and suffering.

When Jesus commanded the apostles to go out and preach the good news in foreign nations where Jewish believers lived, weren't they preaching mainly to Jews who already knew the scriptures? Perhaps we should limit our preaching to folks who are interested and move on if they show no interest. Dan 2:21, Romans 13:1-4

I have read that when Iraq was controlled by Saddam Hussein there was no trouble with Coptic Christians because he prevented it as long as they didn't criticize his government. He was busy fighting Iran's government.

So my question is, are we required by scripture to proselytize aggressively in order to please God?
Are we required to criticize the government when God allows and upholds the powers that exist?
The organized church denominations seem to want growth and popularity and encourage their members to bring in new members.
Don't you just love it when strangers knock on your door to invite you to "know Jesus" and make a donation?

On the other hand perhaps God desires to show the world how cruel they are and uses their cruel acts to make His point.

Let's hear from the moderators,
Indiana bob

Pamela shared this.

News week

Hi Bob,

I believe we should be aware and stay watchful, but certainly not be concerned with doing Jesus's job, which is saving others.

Ray wrote an excellent paper on this very thing.

https://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

Everything that's happening in this world, having to do with religeons, is under the direct will of the Father, and the specifics behind the persecution of others, is of little importace, in the the grand things awaiting us. It's important that we hold fast to the faith and do our best to push the disconcerting, disturbing, negative realities out of the way, placing our hope in the higher purpose.

All of this insanity around us is about one thing.

JESUS,  and his purpose in EVERYTHING for our ultimate salvation and reconciliation to the FATHER. Just as Jesus and the Father are ONE, we all will be one,  for he will be ALL in ALL.
May God bless us all with the faith to endure.

1 Peter 1:3-6

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In all this you greatly rejoice,though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:34:04 PM by Wanda »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »

I agree Dennis.  In most of the Middle East and Muslim countries, if you come in the name of Jesus Christ, you are asking to be killed.

And they have been called.

But remember the parable of the wheat and tares.  An enemy (Satan) came and planted the tares among the good seed.  The tares are from their father Satan.  Only at the harvest will the good seed be gathered into the barn and the tares burned.  Every parable speaks of the Many and the Elect Few.

This just came to mind John:

Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

That's O.K. two thousand years ago getting things started.  He might think differently of a modern bible thumper preaching hellfire and brimstone and that sinners will be tortured eternally.

We must also remember that the Apostles had to grow in grace and knowledge over time, like us, and that they had different thoughts as time went on.  For example, Paul followed water baptism early on and stopped such foolishness later on.

The Church kicked Paul out at the end. The Church kicked John out.  And I have Scripture that indicates Peter too.

I am not a Christian.  I do not attend their churches.  I do not listen to their priests and ministers.  The churches follow Satan as an angel of light.  None of that for me.

Jesus freed me several years ago.  Not going back.

I admonish those who have ears to hear, listen to what Jesus says, "Come out of her My people."

Wanda

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »

Hi Bob,

I've been giving some thought to what you said, and I can't help but feel I might have cut you off at the knees, so to speak.  I'm really sorry for that.

My own experience as a JW and being required to knock on doors to save people from Gods wrath at Armageddon, was filled with persecution, but because I believed I was doing the will of the Father the persecution came with the territory, for his name sake you know. 

How can anyone of us judge these ones, when they are doing God's will? I did it until he opened my eyes to see his truths. Now at least I won't be murdered for doing what he willed for me at that time. Now the only persecution I encounter, is through ridicule for believing there is a God, not for the one I worship, but then I don't witness to others anymore.

Those of us fortunate enough to live in areas where we all have religious freedom,  are sheltered from the realities of suffering, and fear, that many go through daily, as a result of their association to Jesus. I consider that a blessing for myself, and most of us on this forum.  I am sad for their suffering, and look forward to the day all suffering is,  NO MORE.

Will we ever experience the kind of harsh physical suffering others are? I don't know, but I will just continue to be thankful for the peace I experience now, and hold on to the hope of our deliverance from this evil existence.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:16:56 PM by Wanda »

indianabob

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »

Dear friend Wanda,

As a general condition of communication with others I support and approve candor.
I would much rather that a person state honest feelings than to hide their true feelings out of fear of hurting my feelings.
I often say provocative things to stimulate a response, not in anger or out of a desire to hurt, but rather to
stimulate a sincere response on a topic that has been carefully avoided.

So, if you are concerned about your words being offensive just say at the beginning, "this may hurt a little" and I'll know to
expect to be provoked to think seriously about the topic you are addressing.
Without candor we are just blowing smoke and accomplishing very little.
Keeping in mind of course that hundreds of "new" people are reading what we say on the public forum and may still have tender feelings themselves.
We should always follow the admonition to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves and correct one another in love.
Kindly offered, Indiana bob

Wanda

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »

Wise advice Bob, thank you☺

Kenneth

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 01:04:44 AM »

I believe that Islam will be used as the club in God's hand to bring about the fall of Babylon the Great, the Mother of harlots.(Christendom)

indianabob

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »

I believe that Islam will be used as the club in God's hand to bring about the fall of Babylon the Great, the Mother of harlots.(Christendom)

If that is possibly true, where do we include the civil powers that are combined with the religious powers?
Won't the armies of other Western and far Eastern nations take part in the fall of Babylon?

Indiana Bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.