bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation Commentary  (Read 11599 times)

Johnny70

Re: Revelation Commentary
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »

Hi Pamela and Wanda,
It is a challanging and humbling topic about who are the elect. I think the consenseus is that there are doubts as to those that will be chosen to be resurrected at Jesus's return as His elect? And certainly we are mostly convinced that Pamela will not be chosen - that is for sure! She is such a bad women that there is little hope for her.

Before I go any further with my bad sense of humor - I truthfully must say that I have had the honour to meet Pamela as she lives very close to me here in Nova Scotia , Canada. I really wanted to have a friend who had similiar understandings of the Holy Texts and God gave me The One and Only Musterseed. She is a great human being with a lot of wisdom and sincerity.

So this brings up the subject and good question as to who would be resurrected if not the apostles?! Who else was put throught such a hugh amount of trails and they got the word out there in text form for all of us today. And when you meet someone like The Musterseed who is truly a beautiful person with her own trails she is overcoming - doing a great job - why would she not make it? I just wanted those that are reading this thread not to consider it a debate but just looking at this topic to see perhaps that the great sacrifice the apostles made were maybe motivated by the realization and hope of their resurrection.
Johnny   

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »

Interesting question Johnny, because I had just finished reading an older thread I thought you might find helpful. It is chock full of spiritual wisdom on this very subject.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,3957.0.html

Nice sense of humor by the way, and I completly agree with you about our sweet Pamela, she is a wonderful blessing.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:17:59 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

John from Kentucky

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 10:32:09 PM »

God knows who His Elect are.  The Scriptures say He selected them before creation, and they are not going to change.

But in the larger sense, it does not matter.  God is going to save everyone.  No one will be left out.
God is not a respector of persons.  He loves all of His kin.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 10:53:01 PM »

Your too funny John. Thanks for the kind words, you too Wanda.

When I first joined the forum I thought everyone here was the Elect and who knows
what Is in store for all of us. Like JFK said, God knows.

All Praise and Glory to Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  All eyes on Him.   Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 01:21:21 AM »

Hi Wanda and Pamela and John etc. etc.

The thing that I choose to focus upon in this discussion is that God doesn't make mistakes and God doesn't fail in carrying out His will.
So IF you or I am one of the elect then it doesn't matter whether we cooperate fully with God or not. Our will power is not the crux of the matter.
It is not about us or what we do or how well we do it. If we miss the mark a little bit God will finish the job. God will finish His work in us!

So then, for the time being, in my own heart and mind, I am not concerned and don't worry over things that are in God's capable hands.

PLUS I'm just too old at this point in my life to try to figure out more than God has given me to understand.

I get up in the morning, have my coffee and chat with my better half for a couple of hours then sit back to meditate on all my concerns until I fall asleep in my big recliner and then I wake up and go to the Gym for my exercise and to watch all the youngsters build muscles and embarrass me by comparison. 
Life is too much fun to worry over spilt milk.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 02:26:54 AM »

I'm at work and don't have esword with me, but there is a very comforting portion of Scripture that says a lot about how we can "know" the answer to this question.  It's all about growing in love.  I can tell you--this is either happening or it isn't.  And there ain't no faking it.

Beyond that, He gives "power" to become children of God even to those that believe on His name.  How does a person believe on a name? 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:42 AM »

Beyond that, He gives "power" to become children of God even to those that believe on His name.  How does a person believe on a name?

I've asked that question many times myself Dave.

Ray talks about it a little near the end of this video: https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

Wanda

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »

Can it be this simple, or am I not seeing the deeper meaning?

For me,  it's what the name represents and the power of the one who gave it. But mostly I associate the name with great love.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Acts 4:12
 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”

John 5:43  I have come to you in My Father’s name…

John 17:6 “I have manifested Your name…

John 17:11 Holy Father, you have given me your name…

John 17:26  And I have declared to them Your name…

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:08:25 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Johnny70

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »

Hi Wanda,
That was a good site from KAT focused on the plight of the apostles. What they had to face physically and emotionally was without equal. And perhaps this information in a way helps to support the relevance of a first resurrection for the apostles. It is hard to imagine that they would not be in the first resurrection. Question is, did they know this while they were alive - or was it important to them. Maybe they were so mission orientated that was not part of their thinking at the time. Although Paul said that he wanted above all things to be part of the OUT-Resurrection (I forget the text number).

But for the rest of us Romans 7 and 8 is more what we experience. Although Paul referred to himself as a wretched man at his core, Rom 7:24. And that there was, "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the DISIRE to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out," Rom 7:18. We see here in everyone of us how our actions because of our sinful nature are TAINTED with imperfection - and that is why we need a Messiah. I have never met a perfect human being. Although I accept Jesus as being perfect and without sin because- He had the power without limit to do so from His Father.

In the resurrection it seems we will be putting on incorruption (only at that time) as a very necessary step to our change I Cor 15:42. I myself - am not looking for any high position. Having age lasting life and having friends like you people would be fantastic. We will have some great conversations, indeed! But the apostles are without question slated for the greatest positions although they will be positions of servitude. IMHO

Johnny

Johnny70

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 04:05:57 PM »

Hi Wanda,
I just missed your reply 27 - that is certainly the key to all things is the virtue of LOVE I Cor 13. Great Stuff!!!
Johnny

John from Kentucky

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »

Jesus is perfect and without sin because He is Almighty God.

His name in Hebrew is Yahweh, which is the third person singular of the verb "to be".  It means "He is coming".  When He comes, He brings salvation.

The Apostles may or may not be the greatest in the Kingdom.  Jesus will decide.  Jesus said the first will be last and the last will be first.

Johnny70

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »

Hi John from Kentucky,
I thought Jesus had His Father to help Him as Jesus could do nothing WITHOUT HIS FATHER - John5:19, John5:30 - I am confused!
Johnny

Wanda

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »

Johnny, what Paul says in 1 Corenthians 4 (whole chapter) but not included;  pretty much states his case about how he views himself and salvation.

4 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

9For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:38:34 PM by Wanda »

Johnny70

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 05:50:11 PM »

Hi Wanda,
So well pointed out by you what Paul's perspective was on his commission. The summation is at the end when God evaluates all these things. They were truly a sacrifice for us all - all people!!! Great insight Wanda!!!
Johnny

Wanda

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »

Hi Wanda,
So well pointed out by you what Paul's perspective was on his commission. The summation is at the end when God evaluates all these things. They were truly a sacrifice for us all - all people!!! Great insight Wanda!!!
Johnny

Such humility Johnny. It's enough to make me cry. I can't believe we will one day speak with these loving brothers. Hope is a beautiful thing.

Wanda

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 06:38:25 PM »

Hi Wanda and Pamela and John etc. etc.

The thing that I choose to focus upon in this discussion is that God doesn't make mistakes and God doesn't fail in carrying out His will.
So IF you or I am one of the elect then it doesn't matter whether we cooperate fully with God or not. Our will power is not the crux of the matter.
It is not about us or what we do or how well we do it. If we miss the mark a little bit God will finish the job. God will finish His work in us!

So then, for the time being, in my own heart and mind, I am not concerned and don't worry over things that are in God's capable hands.

Great perspective Bob.

With age and God's truth, comes peace, joy and contintment. Who could ask for anything more.

yello62

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »

a comment, if i may chime in.  within the past year, or so, i have come to accept that to be, is to be blessed.  it does not mean that our experience may not be without trouble.  an example, in the past five years i have lost my site (2014), developed severe GI issues (2015), lost part of my right foot (2016), severely fractured my left foot, ruptured my left achilles tendon, nearly lost my left foot due to a flesh eating bacteria (2017, and am still fighting to keep it), nearly died from critically low hemoglobin, and been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, likely a result of the activity dealing with the flesh eating bacteria (2018).  i have become isolated from family and friends over one thing or another, and have had my reputation in many spaces trashed.  within all of this, The Father's mercy abounds.  it strikes me that, if He has given us the breath of life, He will become all in all with us, and that means every body.  those that He designates for sonship have a special place in His economy, that is for certain.  it has nothing to do with us, it is all of Him, but whether we are so designated or not, to have been given the opportunity to be is such a blessing.  it will be unveiled, and when it is unveiled, all will bow at the dais of The Creator for His mercy, His compassion, His wisdom, His power...

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »

Eph.3:16:17
I pray that out of His glorious riches He May strengthen you with power through His Spirit
In your inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. and I pray that you
being rooted and established in Love, May have power together with all the Lords Holy people
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the Love of Christ and to know this Love that surpasses knowledge— that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Eph.6:24
Grace to all you Love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying Love.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Johnny70

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 01:21:57 PM »

Hi yello62,
That is an incredible story for a life experience that is full of a lot of stress. But this story as well as all of our stories has a good ending, nothing in this physical life has a really good ending. Only with the exception of the resurrection.
Your sir are a true brave hero - to hang in there with the strength you have. You have said well "The Father's mercy abounds"!!! It is all of Him - he puts us through so much in this fragile physical state. What you have been taught by this experience is breath taking. We are clay in His hands - all this so humbling in a healthy way! Look at the encouraging words of Paul - here II Cor chapter 4:1~17.
John

yello62

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »

Johnny,

I often times hesitate to tell folks my story because I don't want any misunderstanding.  As I tell folks, I don't want to under emphasize the difficulty, because I do not want to diminish that which The Father is doing, nor do I want to over emphasize the difficulty, because I do not want make things worse than they are and put the emphasis on me.  They are bad, to be certain, but this experience is intentional, for me, and for those around me.  We have been designated, and my place in His economy requires this to occur.  Trust me when I tell you that I have been pressed during this, but, He has always provided that which is sufficient to endure.  I am grateful for the mercy that has been extended, and look forward to the time when we are no longer in the corruptible...  MAN, do I look forward to that time :).

Tony
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.