bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A possible BT gathering.  (Read 111041 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
A possible BT gathering.
« on: April 29, 2018, 02:44:46 AM »

Do we want one?  If so, what do we want it to be?

There has been a brief discussion among the moderators.  From that, several things are clear.  The first of these is that a meeting is not going to happen without the work and support of the forum members.  None of us are in a position to plan and deliver a meeting.  If the membership wants one (or more than one), it's going to fall on YOU to make it happen.

What THIS guy can do is help shepard the discussion.  Whether or not it happens and what it "looks like" if it does is up to you, collectively .

I will return to this thread later with any other thoughts shared by the moderators, but for now answer that first question for me.  Does anybody want this to happen?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

Re: A possible BT gathering.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:48:48 AM »

What would be the purpose of such a meeting?

I notice we have 150 current members.  A diverse group spread all over.  But a small, small select few.  Together with those who follow us, do we total the 7,000 who do not bow the knee to Baal?

Here we share fabulous spiritual wealth from God.  No other group on Earth has what we do. 

Our fellowship is with God and our power and wealth come from Him.  What would our physical meeting do?

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »

It sounds great, but my traveling plans are on stand by at this time. I'm spending my days with my mamma, who's 88 and has dementia. I do hope others can pull something together though.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

wat

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:10:27 AM »

I wasn't able to make any of Ray's conferences, so I'd love a chance to meet some of you guys in person.

2John 1:12  Though I have much to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete.

Only problem is I don't know what we'd do, except chat with one another, which is good enough for me.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »

Let’s all go to JFK’s house. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »

Seems a good thing to me to meet if you can. I meet with other groups and there is a point to them so how much more point to meet with those that believe these truths. If not to learn then just to be encouraged.

I always desire to know more of
God’s truth but the more you do the more the cost and the more darkness you see around me. Gives me a headache 🤕

If you can , then meet but could be difficult for me being in New Zealand 🇳🇿

We have the forum which is good to meet so why not in person if possible.

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 11:40:53 AM »

I'll lay out my "version" of what I had in mind.  There's nothing original about it, as it is a mix of what has already been done with what Ray hoped might be done one day.

What:  A single meeting in a single geographic area/city with time devoted to general fellowship, listening/watching other conference materials (edited for flow), and perhaps a time of more focused fellowship/testimony.

Who:  Forum members and readers, and locally invited guests (drawn from advertising) who would ideally be the same kinds of people drawn to the website.

When and where:  Probably a one to one-and-a-half day event at a time/place to be determined.

How:  Put together by responding to input from likely attendees and others interested.

Why:  Primarily a time of fellowship, but with a purpose beyond that in opening things up to locals wherever the meeting occurs.

NONE OF THESE is written in stone.  It might well be easier in the long-run to plan several smaller meetings based on geography--either at the same time or at different dates.  I've found a way to map our members to put all interested into a group map that could be used for planning. 

It might be better to forgo the local outside invitations and advertising in order to focus more on fellowship.  That's not my 'druthers', but it might be better.

We are aware that drawing a crowd of similar size to the former conferences strictly from the forum and its readers is not at all likely to happen.  In some ways, however, this makes "planning" easier.  Of course, in other ways it makes it more difficult. 

Anyway, this is just a loose advance proposal with a few nails to either remove or hang some plans on.  What the Lord wills is what will happen, but a meeting (or meetings) will not just fall from the sky in a neat package.  If "we" want this, we need to plan on having it, as well as what happens if it does.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that forum rules apply to discussion.  Just as "outside teaching" is not allowed or promoted on the forum, bible-truths.com won't endorse any "meeting" that is "taught" by somebody other than Ray.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:50:35 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 12:00:15 PM »

For my part, I can commit to not letting anything other than distance be the sole hindrance to attending anything.  I can drive in a day about 500 miles, but that puts everything from Chicago, to Western North Carolina, to most of the deep south, to Dallas, Houston, most of Oklahoma and the lower mid-west within reach.  Further than that, and I'd have to look into flying and airfare, but there are low-priced tickets to a lot of destinations available from either Memphis or Nashville.  I'm near Jackson, Tennessee.

But if that's not doable, then it simply isn't and I'll do my part "here" to help out. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:03:38 AM by Dave in Tenn »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 05:35:56 AM »

OK.  I set up a website where people can pin their locations.  Message me and I'll give you the link and username/password, or just tell me your location (public or by PM) and I'll enter it for you.  I don't need a street address, just a close-approximation to what you'd consider home in the world.  It's a world map, free to use up to 30 "pins" (and cheap thereafter if we go higher than that). 

Forget travel plans, meeting days, format, and other considerations.  All I want to know is if you are interested in meeting period.  This little tool is just to get some sense of interest by geography.

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 05:11:02 PM »

Sure Anthony Northern New Jersey
aedesign57@aol.com

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »

Pamela,,,,,,,,,,Kentville , Nova Scotia, Canada
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 11:26:16 AM »

This little map may do more than help plan a larger meeting.  Already there are two sets of two members in relatively close proximity (by American standards) who might find this info helpful.     

virginiabm

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 10:04:09 AM »

I stay in North Carolina 50 miles from Fort Bragg

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 03:27:36 PM »

I suggest media such as talkshoe or skype or such for weekly meetings as an open forum.  Then such plans as gathering in a physical location should God wants this.  I dont' think everyone is financially in such a financial position.  If a people come together and they are all of one spirit, the one and only Holy spiritual force, than who can be against them? I fear no bow down to any man nor can i be taken out of my Fathers hands.  In God's world there are no leaders nor followers, we are one and if one in spirit and true Sons of the Most High than there can only exist the most strongest weapon against any foe.....Love! So there no fear.

is the same spirit what worked in Ray in you?

SeaofGlass
aedesign57@aol.com
347 6457537

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »

Me, Sandie McFauld and my hubby David. Living in the Highlands of Scotland.
Walk in the Spirit

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 12:46:16 AM »

The map now has 10 pins.  Soon enough, I'll make it "public" in the "who am I" section. 

NOTE:  NO STREET ADDRESS landed under the pin is accurate...not even mine.  These were assigned by the map site.  All are just rough guesstimates and our BT username is attached to them.

egbasonic

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 03:47:36 AM »

any consideration for those who are in remote locations like myself am in Nigeria

yello62

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »

egbasonic, only if you bring along some jollof rice to the gathering.

egbasonic

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 12:00:33 PM »

i will

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »

Egbasonic, "we" don't know what will come of this effort, nor of any single person's ability or inability to directly participate.  I do know of some members/readers in Africa, though I'm not in direct contact with them.  I will do my best to try to have them make contact with you over the internet...then, what happens will be up to you and them just as this entire effort is up to the members.

I'm going to put your "pin" in Nigeria, and I can move it to a position closer to your actual location at a later time, if you want.

It's good to meet you.  Participate here as much as you're led to, and live with these truths in whatever setting the Lord means for you at present.  The more you do, the more you will have to share (both joys and sufferings) with others.  The more we mature, the more "Joys" and "Sufferings" are no longer always separate things.     
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.