bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ananias Acts 23:2  (Read 3063 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Ananias Acts 23:2
« on: May 09, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »

"And the high priest Ananias commanded those who stood by him to strike him (Paul) on the mouth."  3: Then Paul said to him, "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall!...."

Why did Ananias command this when God lead Paul to him to be "unblinded" in the first place and Ananias knew that God had chosen him to do God's will and aware when Paul gave his testimony that he was to go to the Gentiles (Acts 23:21)? 

Was it because Ananias went against God's will?

Extol

Re: Ananias Acts 23:2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »

Those are two different men. And there was a third Ananias too, the husband of Sapphira.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »

Three different people in the New Testament are named Ananias:

One Ananias was a member of the church in Jerusalem in the days when the believers had all things in common. Along with his wife, Sapphira, he sold a piece of property, secretly kept some of the money, and misreported the sale price when he gave the rest of the money to the church. When Peter confronted him, Ananias fell down and died (Acts 4:32-5:11).

Another Ananias was a follower of Jesus in Damascus. Instructed by a vision, he sought out Paul (then still known as Saul) and helped to restore his sight (Acts 9:10-19).

A third Ananias was the high priest in Jerusalem who convened a meeting of the Jewish ruling council to examine Paul after his arrest in the temple (Acts 23:1-5).
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:18:38 PM »

Thanks Wanda and Extol for the clarification.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.