bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The power from the devil?  (Read 4931 times)

Mortemir

The power from the devil?
« on: May 10, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »

Hello everyone. I'm sure someone can answer my question here.

How can some people heal, take out demons, etc., when you are not in the spirit of God. To understand spirit you need to be in spirit (99.7% of the world do not have this). Some people have more power to heal and do spiritual things in the prayers. Why do they have this power when they are not in the spirit (for example, Christians) and who use this power when they pray? Is it the devil who do both (good and evil)?. The devil can be like a angel and pretend to be something he is not, so people are fooled. That is why most of the people do not believe.

Or is it God who use his power to heal? but then i don't understand the big picture from this subject. I'm confused and i hope this was
understandable.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The power from the devil?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »

Overlooked this, Mortimer.

Jesus sent out His disciples before they were converted to heal the sick and cast out evil spirits.  Did they do this?  If so, by what power did they do so?  What does scripture say?

Jesus Himself healed the sick and cast ohut evil spirits.  By what power did he do that?  What does Scripture say?

Nothing that happens for good or bad happens independent of the power of God.  Without Him nothing that is made has been made. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 10:45:47 AM »

That’s the hardest truth Dave. That nothing that happens,good or evil, happens independent of the power of God. I say it’s the hardest truth because it means, for example, that a priest or parent can’t rape a child independent of the power of God.

That’s not to say that it is Gods will for evil to happen. But it is Gods intention that it be the way it is.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »

God never forces anyone to sin.

We all sin automatically because we were created spiritually weak.

God created Satan who does evil continually; it is his very nature; and Satan is the god over this world, and controls government, and commerce, and all religions.

God only does good and is the source of all good.  The Book of Job and other Scriptures teaches us this.

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 06:05:44 PM »

Shall there be evil in a city and the Lord has not done it?

He does it THRU Satan and other tools, but God is 100% responsible.

We may not like it, but that’s the reality.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 12:44:16 AM »

Shall there be evil in a city and the Lord has not done it?

He does it THRU Satan and other tools, but God is 100% responsible.

We may not like it, but that’s the reality.

I agree with you.  The sovereign God is responsible for and accepts the responsibility for all things.

However, God Himself does not do evil directly because He abhors evil.

Read James 1:13-18.  It takes spiritual discernment to understand these truths.  God does not tempt anyone to do evil, and all good comes from our Great God.

Read the first two chapters of Book of Job.  God did not kill Job's ten children.  Satan killed them by a wind storm.  Not an act of God.  But an act of Satan.  Satan is the god of this world and the prince of the power of the air.

God does not kill babies by a tornado or hurricane.  Satan kills them.  Satan was a murderer from the beginning and the father of lies.

God does not approve the rape of children.  Evil men rape children due to their evil heart and approved by Satan.

Only God's Spirit can give understanding of these matters, and only the very few can understand at this time

lauriellen

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »

Dear John, I understand and agree with everything you wrote. I just don’t understand what we accomplish by saying God did not do it himself, but created and sent the tool to do it? What difference does that really make? The end result is the same, just exactly as God planned for it to happen. I guess I am a realist. I prefer to say that God Killed (I am not accusing God of murder - BIG difference) my son thru the means of a car accident. The deer may have run across the road causing the “accident “ in the relative sense, but I see everything happening as from the hand of God in the absolute sense. I know God’s motives are good and I know that the tool he uses may have an evil wicked motive. Yes, satin and evil do these despicable things in the relative sense, but it is God doing it in the absolute sense.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:01:27 PM by lauriellen »

Mortemir

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »

I agree with everything, but what i mean is. Did God also create the devil so he can heal? When people pray (who do not be live), is it devil himself who heal? Like lauriellen said: "but created and sent the tool to do it" i don't see the logic if god himself heal (because they are not in spirit). But through God, he created a tool and allowes the Tool to do things that God can do, but the devil can only do it if God allows him to do it.

lareli

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »

Are you asking, how is it that unbelievers are able to have their prayers answered? Is it God who grants them their requests/healing? Or is it their father the devil who grants them their requests?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »

Mortemir, it is not the role of Satan to "heal".  If "healing" is genuine, then it is a gift of God and it matters nothing who did the "praying".  We are looking forward to a genuine and permanent "healing".  This only God can provide.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 05:24:41 PM »

Jesus healed many thousands of people, perhaps tens of thousands. But in Acts we read:

Act 1:15  And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

The 'Called' can have their prayers answered:

Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.