bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kicked out  (Read 4177 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Kicked out
« on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:06 AM »

has anyone been kicked out or asked to leave their former church due to your current beliefs/doctrine? Or did you leave church on your own?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

yello62

Re: Kicked out
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »

left on my own (if it is possible to do anything of our “own” volition) before God gave me full awareness. 

Deblyn

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:37 PM »

Not kicked out, just walked away and never looked back.

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:05:42 PM »

Hi Largeli,

In my case it took some time.
Was questioning for several years, but too busy to care. Old habits hard to change.
Old friends hard to leave...

Difficult thing was Tithing while poor & Paul said not necessary under New (better) Covenant.
Then W.C.G. began to observe Sunday and Saturday both as days of worship; take your pick!
Next in a few months they began to teach trinity doctrine after years of telling us there was ONE God.
Told my friends in the congregation that I was taking a sabbatical year to study and figure out what I was going to believe. My last official meeting was in 1999.
Then came L. Ray Smith & Dennis Vogel and the BT forum   :)  ;) :D

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:04:43 AM »

Not sure if you are looking for a conversation with one such, or just wondering if it has happened to any of "us".  I remember several members saying they had been "kicked out" over the years of reading here, but I don't remember names or know if any are still active.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

DEJI

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 03:56:50 PM »

At about the age of 14 or so, I figured out already that most pastors and "men of God" were fake but I believed that one or two denominations out there were genuine.

When I got "born again" in 2013 at age 29, I attended about 5 churches in succession and found flaws in their teachings (from my recollection of my childhood reading of the life of the apostles) and eventually gave up on church.

Shortly afterwards, I found the BT website (it's more accurate to say God led me by nose to BT).

I often wonder why God showed me the light so easily.

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »

DEJI
Every person is a unique individual and God educates us one on one.
You may have some more difficult adventures and challenges ahead.
I have come to realize that we each are having our spiritual gifts honed
to a sharp edge for use later in the coming ages.

Great to learn more about your journey of faith with God.

Indiana Bob

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 11:27:09 PM »

I gotta be honest, never joined a church to get kicked out of  :) but  recon if I did - the second the church heard me utter....... well ya see the “ the free will thing “ that’s gonna be a problem with me, I wouldn’t last much longer  ;D
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 11:35:56 PM »

I didn't get kicked out, I was asked to leave......by no other than God, "come out of her my people ". So I did and have not been back since 2008 and never will to my family's horror.
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 01:30:12 AM »

Yeah, I don't want to join their club.  I'll go it alone.

The Church of the Living God is enough for me.

God protects His Church by carrying us on the wings of an Eagle and preserves us for a time, times, and half a time from Satan and the flood he sends after us.

Jennalyce

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 08:25:38 AM »

Yes....my family was told to leave....by the following Sunday after being told on a Thursday night. It was hurtful....terribly so. We are still trying to recover from this. Friends turned their backs,well they said they were friends. Apparrently you can only be loved if you agree with them. Our faith was evolving and it didn't always match with the little box that people try to put God in. Our music style was different, our look was different and so on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.