bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 7722 times)

RobRoyal

Introduction
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:26:30 PM »

Hi, my name is Rob and I have never joined a forum before. However, bible-truths has had such a positive effect on me so I felt compelled to meet with like-minded individuals. I have been serching fot the truth for a very long time (40+) years. I became a Christian about 10 years ago after seriously diving into the world, then the eastern religions and then anything else the T.V. offered as a solution to the angst of life. I was sure I would never be disillusioned again after finding Jesus, and thats what the people in the Charismatic church I ended up in kept telling me. That's not how it happened though as you can tell by the fact that I'm here. 5 yewars ago I was studying to be a pastor in my church and preaching once a month and doing retreat speaking. I was told I was gifted but I now know that simply means I was good at parroting the doctrines and not going outside the bounds. But the more I studied the more things just didn't add up. I knew the bible was God's truth so why so many contradictions in church doctrine? One or the other had to go. L. Ray has a paragrtaph in either 10or 11 of the Lake of Fire series where he talks about standing on the sand of the sea after the doctrinal castle has fallen and seeing that the "beast was me". It is precisely how I would describe my departure from the organized church. I had become a Pharisee worshipping the church instead of God and preaching the traditions of men rather than scripture.
It has been a difficult couple years since leaving because my wife still attends and my social life is still tied in to a certaain degree though I have to stay away as much as possible to avoid continually trying to explain my sudden departure. These explanation discusions always seem to get emtionally heated and I find it very tiring.
Anyhow, a year ago I started studying "unorthodox" teachings over the internet and this site popped up. I printed off the entire Lake of Fire series and several other articles like a kid in a candy store. Over the last year I have studied every possible angle on hell, tithing, revelations, heaven, resurrection etc. And here I am. I have never found such deep and meaningful scriptural truth as here and plan to pursue study here as God leads me. I look forward to getting to know Christians unthreatened by my views of scripture and God. Let me say the support is greatly appreciated
Thanks, God bless and talk to you soon
Rob

Beloved

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:59:18 PM »

Welcome RobRoyal .

We are all really happy you are here.   Enjoyed your introduction. 

(Rom 11:33 KJVR) 
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Look forward to your posts. The topic are varied and plentiful 

Beloved 

ned

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:01:09 AM »

Welcome to our family forum, Rob!
It took me 6 months to decide to leave my church, it was the hardest decision of my life so far (even though I was only involved in the church for under 1½ yr.) 
I am sure you will find the love, fellowship and truth here that you can't find in a church.
Looking forward to learning with you.
Marie

Layla

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:07:30 AM »

Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to fellowshipping with you and reading your thoughts!

Peace,
Layla

prarrydog

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:55:11 AM »

Welcome Rob,

Glad you are here.  I look forward to hearing from you in the future. 

God be with you
Scott

MG

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 05:15:17 AM »

Welcome Rob.

I'm often so overwhelmed with gratitude that God has shown us so much mercy.

I'm even more overwhelmed and blessed to find God's family here and very thankful for Ray's teaching.

I too look forward to learning from all that are here.

orion77

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Rob.

Look forward for your input and fellowship.  The truths of scripture are in direct conflict with the doctrines of man and tradition.  I understand where you come from.

God bless,

Gary

hbiytm

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »

Hello Rob,

i also am a Newbie here having just signed up on the forum last week. Although I have been reading some off and on for about 6 months. I know you will find a warm welcome here because I have.

I also was in the charismatic churches and know somewhat where you are coming from. May God continue to give us "ears to hear" His truth.

Welcome,

Jewel

mongoose

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »

Welcome to the forum.   ;D  Looking forward to more posts from you.  This is a wonderful place to share your struggles, questions and just to have like-minded believers to talk with.  I hope you find it to be a blessing in your life.

mongoose

Michael

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »

Greetings Rob in the Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus. I too am new and have to introduce myself to the forum. Just haven't had time yet, but your testimony struck home so much. I too am a ordained minister but cannot preach the true gospel of Jesus to those who need it so much. Anyway, I know how you feel about family and those around you. They are blind because God has not opened their eyes yet! We are so fortunate that He has opened ours and can really enjoy the true word of God, the truth that sets us apart and FREE.
I have read Ray's work for a year now, sometimes over and over. When you have spiritual eyes and ears that can hear we just can't understand how "the blind" cannot see. But we know that it is in God's good timing that everything must happen.
Well, God Bless and will be talking with you again soon.

In Christ Service,

Michael

prarrydog

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »

Hi Michael,

I will save my official welcome until you are ready to officially introduce yourself.   ;D ;D

Until then it is great to hear from you.

With love
   Scott

RobRoyal

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »

Hi Michael, It's great to know others are walking a similar path. I find it strengthens me to know I am not the only one on this new found road. And look around you, there are many walking beside you right here on this forum. God bless, look forward to your intro post
Rob

chuckusa

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »

Hi Rob,

I wanted to add my belated welcome...WELCOME!

Look forward to hearing from you on the board.

God bless,
Chuck

gmik

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 09:55:08 PM »

Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to fellowshipping with you and reading your thoughts!

Peace,
Layla

:o Layla.....I didn't know you could read peoples thoughts!!!! Dang.  We better be careful! ;)

chuckusa

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

Yeah, Layla thats kinda scary... :)

lauraathome2005

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 12:03:40 AM »

Hi Rob,
Sorry so late.  Welcome and it's nice to have you here.  Blessings, laura

Layla

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 09:05:43 AM »

Layla.....I didn't know you could read peoples thoughts!!!! Dang.  We better be careful!

;D

angie

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »

Hi Rob,

'scuse my tardiness in welcoming you. WELCOME TO BTF  ;D

Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.