bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Women Chosen by God  (Read 16820 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Re: The Women Chosen by God
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »

How beautiful are your feet. Thankyou ML ❤️

Praise Jesus, Out Lord and Saviour.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

ML

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »

How beautiful are your feet. Thankyou ML ❤️

Praise Jesus, Out Lord and Saviour.
Blessings in Christ too, Pamela ♥️

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »

Matthew 12:48-50:
« He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever DOES THE WILL of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother. »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »

Matthew 12:48-50:
« He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever DOES THE WILL of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother. »

Was Jesus setting an example by making  provisions for his mother before his death?

John 19:26-27

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.

As I think on this, Jesus words on the Cross, I begin to see something about the extent of Jesus' love, for this women, his mother.  He is dying in agony, gasping for each breath, and yet his concern is for this women who comforted him through all of his life, and she is suffering a pain unimaginable. 

His concern for her well being was stronger than his own suffering. Isn't that the kind of love most mothers have for their children?

It was within his power to provide for her even before death, a profound lesson can be learned from this I think.

How much more can Jesus provide for us in his present position of power?

1 Timothy 5:8

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Psalm 71:9

Do not cast me off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength is spent.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:41:44 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »

Excuse the "mistranslation"  :)

Psalm 116

1I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
2Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
3The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell(the grave) gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
4Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
5Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
6The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
7Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.
8For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
9I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
10I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
11I said in my haste, All men are liars.
12What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me?
13I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.
14I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.
15Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
16O Lord, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
17I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord.
18I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people,
19In the courts of the Lord's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the Lord.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 03:20:24 AM »

Hello Wanda 👋

I think it’s the same, but I may be wrong 🤗, please correct me if so:
In John 19:26-27 « When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. »,
the verb « saw » is in Aorist tense, which means it is a continuing/ongoing action (past, present, future), it shouldn’t be in the past tense but rather like « He is seing her » and it does not stop. Ray talked about this aorist tense and when you look closely at translations you can find it in very important part of the bible, especially the crucifixion. Very interesting. When Jesus says « Here », the original greek word is a verb in the aorist tense: ἰδού (idou) - Strong 2400 which means « here, LOOK ».
Jesus says the same thing as in Matthew: His mother and His disciple are standing there with Him, this is the only necessary thing, they are doing the will of God, they are the same family.
Same for «he took her.. », aorist verb: « he is taking her into his home », he keeps on doing it.
Most of the time if there is aorist verbs it refers to an action closely related to those that God’s choosen must do for His Will.
It is far more spiritual than just a proof of a stronger love He has for His terrestrial mother, which I’m sure was strong, as we all do and will.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 08:39:49 AM »

Hi Michele

No, you're not wrong. I believe foremost, this was- about the expanding family of the Church,  that Jesus came to found and of which He is the Head.

He was providing for Mary in the physical sense,  but more importantly in the eternal. He was about to relinquish his roll as his mothers son to become her savior, providing much more for her in that capasiy than he ever could as the son.

If  providing for Mary had been his only priority,  he certainly would have made those arrangements prior to the actual Crucifixion.

And by giving Mary over to John and John to Mary,  they were now submitting to the will of the father, and becoming a new and expanding family.  Jesus could now declare to the father his will had been done.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:32:56 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »

Thank you Wanda for this inspired answer!
Be blessed in Christ ! 🙏
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.