bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A God’s Plan  (Read 19808 times)

Prune Soleiado

A God’s Plan
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:46:11 PM »

My name is Michelle, which corresponds to the Hebrew name Michal. Michal was King Saul’s daughter and one of King David’s wives. When Saul wanted to kill David, Michal helped him escape.
The name Michelle comes from the Hebrew name Michael meaning "Who is like God?". Michael is an archangel.

My last name is a malagasian name, which I prefer not to give here, that litteraly means « the son’s blood ».
My family comes from Madagascar.

We live in France where I was born. I was given (earthly)life in a city called Levallois-Perret, which was also called in the middle age «  The priests vineyard » for it was an important place to produce wine for the kings.

I lived a great part of my life in a town near Paris which is called « Saint Cyr ». Cyr was the youngest martyr of the Christianity, he was 3 or 5 years old when he was killed. Her mother, Julitte, and him died claiming they were christians, at a time where the roman emperor persecuted christian people.
They lived in Laodicia and escaped to Tarsus where they were caught by the authorities.
Cyr comes from the Greek « Kurios », « Lord » in English.

The neighborhood where I lived in Saint Cyr was called « L’Epi d’Or », which means « The golden ear » and to mark the entry of this neighborhood you can see one giant ear of corn, visible from the highway!

Now I live in a small town called « Le Perray » which name comes from the word « Rock ».

So many things that make me think about this one:
do you think God want to catch my attention on something or not? 😉😁😅

Peace and Grace from God Our Father throught Christ be with you all.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:53:02 PM by Prune Soleiado »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: A God’s Plan
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:26:12 AM »

do you think God want to catch my attention on something or not?

Perhaps, but there is no way of knowing for sure in this life. Could just be coincidences.

Ecc 9:11  I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Remember, not even Paul knew his salvation was certain.

1Co 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »

Great lesson on the meaning of certain words. Thanks for sharing! :)

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »

Yes, Dennis Vogel, that’s exactly what I ironically meant: despite those wonderful coincidences I couldn’t really say that I ‘m saved or that I am part of God’s chosen 😉 Hope does the rest.
I just thought about Ray’s advice: Pay Attention To All The Words, which he applies to Bible study, but I wanted to apply it to my life. Such fun! And in the same time what a wonder: God is everywhere, and if we look at the world and our lives He always shows us elements of His presence and love! I just love it and rejoice in it !
I could have make a list much longer of such coincidences and of course everybody can!
What a Great Work God is doing throught Christ His Faithful Witness to bring all of us to Him as He is All in All!
Let our own lives and stories and coincidences glorify God Our Father in Jesus Christ!
Romans 1:20: « For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse » Amen!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »

Hi Prune
I love that scripture. Rom. 1:20, it says so much.
Thankyou and Amen.     

I remember Ray sayin” Humans are the fish and God is the ocean, the fish are in the ocean and
the ocean is in the fish.”🙂

In Christ,, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 08:23:16 PM »

Thank you Michelle, who is like God.☺

Others touched on the things I considered, so I've chosen the importance of a name.

Peter, one of my favorite names. He was the one who spoke up when Jesus’ disciples were all talking about what people were saying about him, and Jesus asked “But what about you? Who do you say I am?” Simon (his birth name) answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Then Jesus blessed him and told him, “I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”

Look at what Jesus promised to all who believe in Him:

I will give him . . . a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it. . . . I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. (Revelation 2:17; 3:12)

I have always hated my given name, named after a movie star, Wanda Hendrex. She and my mom were in the same drama class in high school, and later they performed in community theater, where Wanda Hendrix was discovered by a talent scout.  Knowing this, and seeing the great physical beauty she possessed, mattered little in my appreciation of the name. Now I know why.

I can't wait for a name given to me by the Lord,  that has true meaning, but not just any meaning, a name that has  meaning to him.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 07:22:19 AM »

I like your name Wanda.
But I can understand you: when I was a kid I hated my name for I found it too old for me and it is a name much used in my family for whatever purpose: it is my grandma’s second name, my grandpa’s and uncle’s name, my cousin is called Michael and so on.. I really didn’t understand this tradition.
Valérie (from the latin « valere », which means « to be brave ») should have been my first name and Michelle the second name. But when my dad went to the townhall to declare my birth he was so drunk (for he was an alcoholic..) he switched the names: he gave Michelle as the fisrt name and Valérie as the second! I’ve been really angry at him for this mistake, but now I’m happy about it!

I agree with you: I long for the new name that will be given to us by Our Lord! I long for living plainly the Life Of Christ.

I like the idea that my name Michelle is translated in Hebrew by a question « Who is like God? » for it reminds me of this Scripture:
Psalm 71:19:
« For Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You? »

It seems there are 11 verses that ask this question, correct me if I am wrong, in the OT. I didn’t find any in the new testament, for we are then under the Grace of God, the new covenant, the salvation through Christ. Only Mark 10-18 asks this question « Why do you call me good? » says Our Lord Jesus.
It humbles me, it reminds me everyday how Powerful and Great is Our Father and that I’m only a work in progress.

Psalm 113:5
Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high,

Isaiah 44:7
'Who is like Me? Let him proclaim and declare it; Yes, let him recount it to Me in order, From the time that I established the ancient nation. And let them declare to them the things that are coming And the events that are going to take place.

Jeremiah 49:19
"Behold, one will come up like a lion from the thickets of the Jordan against a perennially watered pasture; for in an instant I will make him run away from it, and whoever is chosen I shall appoint over it For who is like Me, and who will summon Me into court? And who then is the shepherd who can stand against Me?"

Jeremiah 50:44
"Behold, one will come up like a lion from the thicket of the Jordan to a perennially watered pasture; for in an instant I will make them run away from it, and whoever is chosen I will appoint over it For who is like Me, and who will summon Me into court? And who then is the shepherd who can stand before Me?"

Psalm 35:10
All my bones will say, "LORD, who is like You, Who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, And the afflicted and the needy from him who robs him?"

Exodus 15:11
"Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders?

Psalm 89:6
For who in the skies is comparable to the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty is like the LORD,

Psalm 89:8
O LORD God of hosts, who is like You, O mighty LORD? Your faithfulness also surrounds You.

Micah 7:18
Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in unchanging love.

Psalm 77:13
Your way, O God, is holy; What god is great like our God?

Wanda

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »

Thanks Michelle.

Michelle is translated in Hebrew by a question « Who is like God? »  This ties in very well with the scriptures. Great insight you have, pulling this together.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »

Thank you Sister, but I cannot take credit for this. God guides us in Christ.
Isaiah 11:2 «The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord. »
Peace and Love in Christ, sister.

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 02:52:03 AM »

Hi Little sister Prune,

Very interesting dialog between you and other members.
Lots for me to think about and ponder.
You write like a native anglophile which is interesting since you live in beautiful France.
Great to have you on the forum and contributing to our mutual learning.

Ole Indiana Bob (Robert) age 83

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 06:27:38 AM »

Hello Robert 👋

Here’s the hardest thing: to find Scriptures in english because when I have them in mind they are of course in french language as I read the Bible in my native language! 🙃 Pretty difficult! 😅

I’m 41, Bob, earthly talking. I’m almost 3 years and a half spiritually 🍼😉
I’m so grateful to be here on B-T! Brothers and sisters, you always illuminate my mind and bring me so much comfort and joy for Christ dwells indeed in you. Happy to be part of this wonderful gathering, even though we live in the four corners of the earth!

God keeps His promises:

Nehemiah 1:9 « but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name. »

Psalm 106: «Save us, Lord our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise. »

Psalm 147:  «The Lord builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the exiles of Israel. »

Isaiah 11:12: « And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. »

Let God be glorified! Amen.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 12:04:53 PM »

Hello again Prune. (Michelle)

Just out of curiosity, did you develop your English comprehension from training in school or from some other association? And do you have more than two languages that you practice regularly?

Inquiring minds want to "know"... ;)   ::)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:07:50 PM by indianabob »

Wanda

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »

That's an interesting way to look at age Michelle, considering time is of little importance until our spiritual  birth in Christ.

In this age I'm old enough to be your mother, but in spiritual terms we're practically the same age. That puts a little pep in my step. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:35:11 PM by Wanda »

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »

Bob, I learned English at school, and I always had a real interest for this language. Funny thing is that I was given birth in the American Hospital of Neuilly-Sur-Seine, a city nearby Paris. So I think my passion for the English language comes from this moment: when I came to this world, besides french words, I heard english words.

And here’s the Hand of God: if I hadn’t this interest for the English language, I would have never found Bible Truths. There is absolutely no french website which has opened my eyes as Ray did here. Unfortunately you have to talk in English or at least Spanish to understand the Lake of Fire series.
So I’m actually translating Ray’s papers in french and maybe one day one of my relatives or coworkers or others around me will have the opportunity to learn about the truth. In french. 😉

I still have some difficulties to translate my French thoughts and logic in English. Work in progress!
So please pardon my french 😅

Yes, Wanda, we are in the foolishness of youths 😁

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »

Our neighbour is from Slovakia and speaks four languages. She told me when she was young
she fell in love with the English language. She even risked getting caught by communists
studying from a little book given to her in secret by the local librarian.
I asked her what the English language , American and Canadian sounded like to her the first time she heard it and she said
it was the most beautiful language she had ever heard. That was strange to me because I always
thought it was harsh to the ear.
So Prune , did you find this in your case also? To quote a very man( Curious minds want to know)

In Christ.  Pamela

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 06:52:15 AM »

I studied french poetry, learned Spanish, Italian and German languages, even Greek and Latin but still I prefer the sound and logic of English language!

Since I was a little girl I loved to read the translated titles of prime time movies in the tv guide we received at home, it was magical to me. Of course at this time I didn’t know the phonetics or meaning but the words fascinated me. I even wrote songs in English even if the grammar was really bad then, I was only 8-10 years old and had never been teached English lessons!
I studied History at University because my family wanted to. But I always wanted to study English more profoundly.

I learned something funny few years ago: Madagascar was a French colony. But before that, it was explored by English people and the Malagasyan alphabet was created by those, as Malagasyan language was mostly oral. That’s why when you see Malagasyan words you’ll find so many Ys and Ks and Ws which are rather absent in French language, it has always astonished me when I saw letters sent by relatives who lived there: it looks like English words but obviously doesn’t sound like it!

I’m keen on the American accent! Softer than the English one that seems to me more Germanish!
American accent sings to my ears! Like a Dolly Parton’s song 😁 (I like Dolly Parton’s songs..)

My 11 year old daughter is also a big English language’s fan! And she possesses a great gift: even though she doesn’t know the meaning of words she can spell them right when asked.
I talk to her in English often, and Italian and Spanish and German!! So that she’s used to hear foreign sounds, she can even identify which language it is. And she has the chance to have English lessons at school since she’s 6! She adopted the American accent 😉

I never have the chance to actually talk in English for I know nobody around me that practice it.
So I still have some difficulties to speak English, but I understand well when I hear it and I can write in English with no problem.
Maybe one day I’ll be given by God the opportunity to go to the United States and enjoy fully a simple talk with people there 😅

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »

Thankyou Prune
Thank you for sharing. When I first saw your name on BT I thought you might be
Filipino because I had a good friend in Yellowknife  who’s name was Prudencio,
we called him Pru. Is your last name Soleiado, Spanish?  I would love to know a few
languages. Have a Blessed day Prune.               In Christ Pamela

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »

Thanks Pamela.
Prune Soleiado is a nickname I use for a very long time, way before I became a disciple of Christ!
I didn’t even realise the English meaning of the word « prune »; in french it means « plum », for I thought at the time it fitted pretty well with my hair colour! How surprised I was when an English brother taught me the meaning of the verb « to prune »!
John 15:2 « He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he PRUNES so that it will be even more fruitful. »
Soleiado is not my last name, I inherited my earthly father’s Malagasyan name.
Soleiado is a name I invented. It reminded me, for whatever reasons, of the words sun (sol) and solitude, a feeling I always somewhat felt.
I think it suits pretty well with my actual situation! 😉 God has a great sense of humor 🤔
Praise be to God.
Grace of God be upon you, sister.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »

Thanks Prune
That’s very interesting and yes God has a sense of humour and I love when he puts images
in my mind that makes me laugh even when I feel a little down. He knows exactly what we need
and is always there for His children. I love how Our Lord explains everything to us even using our surroundings. He teaches me many things when I’m gardening and I am in awe of His beautiful
creation. I never really took notice of the intricate details of flowers before and now I am amazed at all the variety.Our Lord loves uniqueness. In Christ , Pamela 🌸🌷🌺🌻

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »

Yes, God made me discover the Fibonacci sequence last year! Amazing! How wonderful is Our Heavenly Father!
Do you know about this sequence?
Here’s a link on youtube, really interesting:
https://youtu.be/4ToUaU4vPks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.