> Introductions, Announcements, and More of Ray's Teachings

A God’s Plan

<< < (2/5) > >>

Wanda:
Thank you Michelle, who is like God.☺

Others touched on the things I considered, so I've chosen the importance of a name.

Peter, one of my favorite names. He was the one who spoke up when Jesus’ disciples were all talking about what people were saying about him, and Jesus asked “But what about you? Who do you say I am?” Simon (his birth name) answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Then Jesus blessed him and told him, “I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”

Look at what Jesus promised to all who believe in Him:

I will give him . . . a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it. . . . I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. (Revelation 2:17; 3:12)

I have always hated my given name, named after a movie star, Wanda Hendrex. She and my mom were in the same drama class in high school, and later they performed in community theater, where Wanda Hendrix was discovered by a talent scout.  Knowing this, and seeing the great physical beauty she possessed, mattered little in my appreciation of the name. Now I know why.

I can't wait for a name given to me by the Lord,  that has true meaning, but not just any meaning, a name that has  meaning to him.

Prune Soleiado:
I like your name Wanda.
But I can understand you: when I was a kid I hated my name for I found it too old for me and it is a name much used in my family for whatever purpose: it is my grandma’s second name, my grandpa’s and uncle’s name, my cousin is called Michael and so on.. I really didn’t understand this tradition.
Valérie (from the latin « valere », which means « to be brave ») should have been my first name and Michelle the second name. But when my dad went to the townhall to declare my birth he was so drunk (for he was an alcoholic..) he switched the names: he gave Michelle as the fisrt name and Valérie as the second! I’ve been really angry at him for this mistake, but now I’m happy about it!

I agree with you: I long for the new name that will be given to us by Our Lord! I long for living plainly the Life Of Christ.

I like the idea that my name Michelle is translated in Hebrew by a question « Who is like God? » for it reminds me of this Scripture:
Psalm 71:19:
« For Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You? »

It seems there are 11 verses that ask this question, correct me if I am wrong, in the OT. I didn’t find any in the new testament, for we are then under the Grace of God, the new covenant, the salvation through Christ. Only Mark 10-18 asks this question « Why do you call me good? » says Our Lord Jesus.
It humbles me, it reminds me everyday how Powerful and Great is Our Father and that I’m only a work in progress.

Psalm 113:5
Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high,

Isaiah 44:7
'Who is like Me? Let him proclaim and declare it; Yes, let him recount it to Me in order, From the time that I established the ancient nation. And let them declare to them the things that are coming And the events that are going to take place.

Jeremiah 49:19
"Behold, one will come up like a lion from the thickets of the Jordan against a perennially watered pasture; for in an instant I will make him run away from it, and whoever is chosen I shall appoint over it For who is like Me, and who will summon Me into court? And who then is the shepherd who can stand against Me?"

Jeremiah 50:44
"Behold, one will come up like a lion from the thicket of the Jordan to a perennially watered pasture; for in an instant I will make them run away from it, and whoever is chosen I will appoint over it For who is like Me, and who will summon Me into court? And who then is the shepherd who can stand before Me?"

Psalm 35:10
All my bones will say, "LORD, who is like You, Who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, And the afflicted and the needy from him who robs him?"

Exodus 15:11
"Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders?

Psalm 89:6
For who in the skies is comparable to the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty is like the LORD,

Psalm 89:8
O LORD God of hosts, who is like You, O mighty LORD? Your faithfulness also surrounds You.

Micah 7:18
Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in unchanging love.

Psalm 77:13
Your way, O God, is holy; What god is great like our God?

Wanda:
Thanks Michelle.

Michelle is translated in Hebrew by a question « Who is like God? »  This ties in very well with the scriptures. Great insight you have, pulling this together.

Prune Soleiado:
Thank you Sister, but I cannot take credit for this. God guides us in Christ.
Isaiah 11:2 «The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord. »
Peace and Love in Christ, sister.

indianabob:
Hi Little sister Prune,

Very interesting dialog between you and other members.
Lots for me to think about and ponder.
You write like a native anglophile which is interesting since you live in beautiful France.
Great to have you on the forum and contributing to our mutual learning.

Ole Indiana Bob (Robert) age 83

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version