bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: First People  (Read 30815 times)

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: First People
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:30 AM »

Bob

I emailed you PDF please confirm you received. aedesign57@aol.com

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »

I feel I have to tell Bob and seaofglass that exchanging this information would be much better in a PM.

There are people that have robots that search the Internet for email addresses (scrap) and sell them to others to send you junk email or worse infect your computer via an email.

I suggest you delete these posts. But if you cannot delete them let us know here and one of the moderators will do it for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_scraping

indianabob

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »

Hello Dennis,

Sometimes curiosity gets the better of us.
Your helpful suggestion is appreciated.

Personal info has been removed.

Indiana Bob

Porter

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »

There are many topic of discussion that do not have “two witnesses” such as  “it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: “ Does a lack of a 2nd witness denies this scripture?  Where is ONE scripture that said there was more than I creation??

That's a fair point, however not many members will tell me that I do not believe in the Word of God if I do not agree with their interpretation of particular verse. It just felt like you were forcing it down my throat.

Honestly I don't even know that much about the physical aspect of the creation account as I've never really studied it to any great length aside from what Ray said about it. If you want to know what Ray thought here is a quote and link below. Also, Ray didn't seem completely sure about it as he said that he wasn't trying to make a big stand.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,9130.0.html

Gen 1:20  And God said, let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creatures, that hath life.

Did He just make one male and one female fish or was there an abundance of them? Then we go on verse 21, “He made the great tanniyn.” Which I believe you know are the dinosaurs, the reptiles.

Then we have the cattle, verse 24.  Did He just make one cow and one bull, is that it? Well, it says He made cattle.

Well then when we come down to verse 26, it says “God said, Let Us make man…” But the Hebrew is ‘humanity.’ “Let us make humanity.” Did He really just make one man and one woman? That’s not what He did with all the other things, did He? Look at it.

Gen. 1:27  Let Us make humanity in Our image after Our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle…

“Male and female created.” Now in our translation, it says “male and female He created them.” So it’s pretty difficult to say, ‘well there was one man and one woman.’ He created humanity, He created humanity male and He created humanity female. Humanity, okay. 

Now when we come to Adam and Eve, He gives them a name and we know it’s just one. Are they the first ones though? Maybe not. Because we later have Cain, that says his sentence is too great, wherever I go, they will kill me (Gen. 4:13-14). Who will kill him? Who? There was only Abel and he killed Abel. So if there’s only Adam and Eve and their two sons, Cain and Abel… well Cain killed Abel, so now there’s only one man left, and his mother and father. He says to God, wherever I go, “anyone who finds me will kill me." Who? He killed the only other man alive on earth. Well if we interpret it that way, there are problems. Then Cain took a wife… so there’d be all these other things to contend with and so on. Alright.

------------------

Me personally I don't know either way, but I'm ok with that as I like to think that I at least know the spiritual basics. God is STILL creating humanity in His image.

Does Bob's lack of two witness of Scriptures undermines his statement “the Adam in my bible left the garden in a higher spiritual condition than he entered it. There is no "fall of man" and no "fallen humanity", though men do fall.”  No this is a statement out of spiritual growth I agree with and need no Scriptures to see it.

Another fair point because Bob's statement in the quote above is kind of common knowledge around here, just said in way and style that is unique to Bob which I personally always find easy to listen to and understand. Plus it's a good refresher am I rite? :)

Peace to you Sea of Glass.

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »

Honesty goes a looong way my friends.  Fantastic, now we are progressing unto onto spiritual growth.   Why should we stand close to the trunk of the tree??

Why do I insist there was only one first man named Adam? Because it said so:

Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

And since:

Co 13:9  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Then all we have are these book called Scriptures for validation, for this is what God has given us.

Until God reveals something 100% I stick to the book.  This is all we have along with this thing called faith.   We get a lot of knowledge and information but we can never prove anything in a tangible way to anyone.  We have the intuitive wordless word of God speaking to us individually.  Why is this?  Why does God not just show up?  Why doe the righteous have to live by faith?  Why was Paul even after having seen the Lord in his Glory, something only Moses experienced when he asked “show me your glory”.  Why wasn’t this enough? Paul was given a minister of Satan to keep him in check and though he prayed for relieve God said “Nope”.  Why?

Answer:

Co 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Uumm.  Now that’s something we all need to meditate about.  I see goodness in you guys, seriously.  Ever since I read Ray’s writing I have never been the same again.  I have been writing ever since and surely this stuff is not for everyone at this time so pray and stand close to the trunk of the tree.  The world is being memorized today like never before and black magic, as Pharaoh's priest performed, is being done publicly and on TV like never before memorizing the people. 

In the Marine Corps we were taught to be leaders and to be a good leader you need to be a good follower first.  All who believe the truths on this site are called to be leaders and a leader of righteousness does not need followers.  We may be physically alone but spiritually hey you guys want to see all the angles on spiritual horses covering the peak of the mountains?

Benelyon
Sea Of Glass
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:35:41 PM by Dennis Vogel »

indianabob

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »

Friend Wanda,

please see my PM to you

lareli

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2018, 03:53:48 PM »

So is bible truths endorsing the book that Seaofglass has been advertising?

Is his book up for discussion on the forum?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

No, people are not to link to other teachings. It's been in the rules for 18 years.

lareli

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2018, 02:49:21 PM »

No, people are not to link to other teachings. It's been in the rules for 18 years.

That wasn’t my question.

The posting of a link to another teaching has already been done twice on this thread. You’ve already allowed it without objection which leads to my question which is, does bibletruths endorse the teaching and can we discuss it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:53:38 PM by lareli »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »

That wasn’t my question.

The posting of a link to another teaching has already been done twice on this thread. You’ve already allowed it without objection which leads to my question which is, does bibletruths endorse the teaching and can we discuss it.

Fair enough, but I don't see any seaofglass links now. I removed a link days ago and PMed him. Not a problem. He's new and did not understand. But please let me know if I missed something.

But thanks.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:21:54 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »

Lareli,

When you posted you could see the links had already been removed, so I couldn't help but question your motives.

You've been a member here for many years and know the site is monitured, by those that give of there time freely to ensure the rules are followed, and they do have lives,  with trials of their own to deal with. Calling any one of them out for not removing the links as fast as you would have liked, is not fair from my view.

Maybe you should meditate on these scriptures.

Proverbs 16:2 says, “All a person’s ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the LORD.” Because the human heart is very deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9), we can easily fool ourselves about our own motives. We can pretend that we are choosing certain actions for God or the benefit of others, when in reality we have selfish reasons. God is not fooled by our selfishness and is “a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »

Just wanted to add a couple Scriptures to what Wanda mentioned. Don't think that I am exempt from this either, as I still struggle with the flesh. Remember that we don't perfect Christ, but Christ perfects us.

1 Corinthians 3
3For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1 John 3
18My little children, may we not love in word nor in tongue, but in word and in truth!

2 Timothy 2
1Stedfast [is] the word: For if we died together — we also shall live together;

12if we do endure together — we shall also reign together; if we deny [him], he also shall deny us;

13if we are not stedfast, he remaineth stedfast; to deny himself he is not able.

lareli

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »

Wanda I did not know any links had been removed until reading yours and Dennis post just now.

I don’t know when the links were removed but I’m pretty sure (could be wrong) they remained at the time I asked the first question, post #89 on this thread. I know that Dennis acknowledged the links in his caution to Bob and Seaofglass about it. Yet the link remained after that. Which is when I began to question if the content of the book was ok by bibletruths.

If you question my motives then feel free to ask the question...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:36:05 AM by lareli »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2018, 11:12:51 AM »

FYI, If I remember correctly, I found the link in the middle of the night and it had been viewed seven times but in the middle of the night it's mostly search engine bots crawling the site. So I doubt more than four human beings saw the link.

But it's no big deal. It's happened before and will happen again.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:37:15 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Wanda

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2018, 03:22:54 PM »

Wanda I did not know any links had been removed until reading yours and Dennis post just now.

I don’t know when the links were removed but I’m pretty sure (could be wrong) they remained at the time I asked the first question, post #89 on this thread. I know that Dennis acknowledged the links in his caution to Bob and Seaofglass about it. Yet the link remained after that. Which is when I began to question if the content of the book was ok by bibletruths.

If you question my motives then feel free to ask the question...

Thanks Lareli. I think the issue has been settled. As Dennis said, "it's no big deal. It's happened before and will happen again".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:25:46 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

lareli

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2018, 11:40:10 AM »

Beyond that, scripture itself doesn't require me to believe that Samson slew exactly 1000 philistines with the literal jaw-bone of a literal a@@.  It does require me to believe in the death and Resurrection of Jesus.  And I do.  When I left the church and went into the world with a passion, only He "remained" of my ever-dimming faith until He himself was almost extinguished.  He is Lord, and no bible character old or new is more important than Him.  Since Jesus, I don't care any more about Samson, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Job, or David.  He is Lord of the living.

Dave (or anyone) could you explain what you mean when you say “scripture requires me to believe”?

What do you mean by “requires” and how do you define “believe”?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:05:09 PM by lareli »

Wanda

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2018, 06:20:35 PM »

Lareli, I think these verses make it pretty clear, for me anyway.

John 6:28-30

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »

Hi Largeli, hope you are well my friend.Scripture  doesn’t require me to believe. God does , with His gift of Grace. The Divine influence of
God on the heart. .

Eph.2:8
For by grace are ye saved through Faith(belief) and not that of yourselves. It is the gift of God.

1Co.15:10
By the Grace of God do I do anything good.

I remember someone saying on the forum. “ Scripture did not bring me to God, God brought me
to the scripture.”
Without God’s Amazing Grace opening up my understanding and heart and proving He is real , I would still be an unworthy dirtbag.
God has a way of proving He is real.
God is Love and love never fails.

Define believe .    Faith, it’s the gift of Grace and being Graced (chastised, corrected, taught)
                          Having the Faith Of Jesus Christ in us.

Acts 5:29 We must obey God rather than men.   ( Like Jesus. We of course can’t do this on our own. It’s very hard at times .

It’s all for the love of Jesus, is the best way I can explain it.

Psalm 116
I Love the Lord, for He heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2- Because He turned His ear to me,
    I will call on Him as long as I live.
3- The cords of death entangled me,
     the anguish of the grave came over me;
     I was overcome by distress and sorrow
4- Then I called on the name of the Lord;
     “ Lord, save me!”

And He did.
Love to all❤️ Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2018, 12:51:24 PM »

Well said Pamela and very helpful.
Thanks for caring and sharing.
Indiana bob

Wanda

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2018, 04:43:09 PM »

A wonderfully  inspired message Pamela. Thank you!

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

everything God requires for our salvation has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. This is grace All that remains is to receive this salvation by faith...and don't worry, God gives us that, too!

2 Timothy 1:9

Who has saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.