bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: First People  (Read 30797 times)

Chris

Re: First People
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:11 PM »

Well, I would say Adam and Eve were not the first people since Adam had undoubtedly a father and a mother, unless God lies (absolutly not!), for Adam had to leave them to marry Eve:
Genesis 2:24 «  That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh »

All that Adam said was; "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, for she was taken out of Man." (Genesis 2:23) The passage you quoted that immediately follows this statement from Adam is part of the narrative that Moses is writing for OUR admonition
(1 Corinthians 10:11)

Genesis 2:24 is not Adam speaking, it's a commentary insert from Moses' perspective

___
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:30:00 PM by Chris »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »

Horan, all I can tell you is that I do not (cannot) read (especially) the 2nd chapter of Genesis as History.  To me, there is a clear difference between the way the Gospels (and all the NT) "read" and nearly all of the Old Testament, and I don't think that's because of the differences in the original languages, though it might be.

I "am" where I am on this matter, and sense great rest being "here".   For all I know, I'm confessing my sins.  So be it.  I don't mean to disturb anybody else's rest, but sometimes I am less than sure that what they are experiencing really IS rest.  I've never preached what I "believe" on this subject to anybody with the intent of winning converts.  In fact, I've never preached the "complete" version to anyone, ever.  I'm just saving a spot in the Higher Assembly for such as me.  I want them to know its OK.  Thousands have tried to preach to me all my life.  First the church, then the world.  Everybody is going to answer, including me.     

Beyond that, scripture itself doesn't require me to believe that Samson slew exactly 1000 philistines with the literal jaw-bone of a literal a@@.  It does require me to believe in the death and Resurrection of Jesus.  And I do.  When I left the church and went into the world with a passion, only He "remained" of my ever-dimming faith until He himself was almost extinguished.  He is Lord, and no bible character old or new is more important than Him.  Since Jesus, I don't care any more about Samson, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Job, or David.  He is Lord of the living. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:59:47 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »

Hi Chris
Please consider this and similar passages. Even Moses was inspired by God to teach what he taught.

2 Tim 3…15 From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Please consider this and similar passages.

Well, I would say Adam and Eve were not the first people since Adam had undoubtedly a father and a mother, unless God lies (absolutly not!), for Adam had to leave them to marry Eve:
Genesis 2:24 «  That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh »

All that Adam said was; "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, for she was taken out of Man." (Genesis 2:23) The passage you quoted that immediately follows this statement from Adam is part of the narrative that Moses is writing for OUR admonition (1 Corinthians 10:11)

Genesis 2:24 is not Adam speaking, it's a commentary insert from Moses' perspective

___

Chris

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »

Hi Chris
Please consider this and similar passages. Even Moses was inspired by God to teach what he taught.

2 Tim 3…15 From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Please consider this and similar passages.

I never said Moses was not inspired, he most certainly was, he wrote the first 5 books of scripture. The post that I was replying to made the claim that Adam was the one being quoted in Genesis 2:24 and that Adam knew his physical mother and father. I was simply pointing out that is not the case because Adam was not speaking in Genesis 2:24, it was from a God-inspired Moses.

___

John from Kentucky

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:43 PM »

Horan, all I can tell you is that I do not (cannot) read (especially) the 2nd chapter of Genesis as History.  To me, there is a clear difference between the way the Gospels (and all the NT) "read" and nearly all of the Old Testament, and I don't think that's because of the differences in the original languages, though it might be.

I "am" where I am on this matter, and sense great rest being "here".   For all I know, I'm confessing my sins.  So be it.  I don't mean to disturb anybody else's rest, but sometimes I am less than sure that what they are experiencing really IS rest.  I've never preached what I "believe" on this subject to anybody with the intent of winning converts.  In fact, I've never preached the "complete" version to anyone, ever.  I'm just saving a spot in the Higher Assembly for such as me.  I want them to know its OK.  Thousands have tried to preach to me all my life.  First the church, then the world.  Everybody is going to answer, including me.     

Beyond that, scripture itself doesn't require me to believe that Samson slew exactly 1000 philistines with the literal jaw-bone of a literal a@@.  It does require me to believe in the death and Resurrection of Jesus.  And I do.  When I left the church and went into the world with a passion, only He "remained" of my ever-dimming faith until He himself was almost extinguished.  He is Lord, and no bible character old or new is more important than Him.  Since Jesus, I don't care any more about Samson, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Job, or David.  He is Lord of the living.

Right on, Right on, Right on.  I agree Dave.

Jesus said John the Baptist was greater than all who came before, but the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than the Baptist.

Grace and Truth came by Jesus.

No one was saved before Jesus.

Paul taught us that Jesus was the Seed, not Isaac, and by Jesus all will be saved.

The Elect of Jesus are greater than and will be saved before the great ones of the Old Testament.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Adhere to Jesus the Anointed of God and our Great King and Savior.

Horan

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2018, 03:44:52 AM »

Dave, since you've addressed me personally I'll respond in kind. I don't know what I said specifically that prompted this. This is a discussion board and I've engaged in discussion. I've not told you what to think or believe. I think you have every right to not care about Samson, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Job or David. So I'm forewarned to not discuss any of these things with you.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:28 AM »

Hello Chris, hello brothers and sisters,

Woahh! What an inspiring thread, it brings so much to say to all of us!
Wonderful!

Chris, I never said Adam told anything about the fact he had to leave his mother and father, for you’re totally right: he actually only spoke as we can read it about Eve as bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh.

Now may I insist on one thing: ALL IS ONE, one Spirit and only one inspires us, God’s children, whether it inspires Moses or Adam or Paul or Timothe or... us.
Jesus reminds us that all He does or says comes from God Our Father.

The bible is ONE BIG PARABLE. Of course historical events came out of it but it was for our admonition as Paul said. It is still a parable we, as God’s children, oughta understand, not a mystery: everything in it shows us what we have to endure as God’s elect.
Adam giving names to animals is part of it: we must learn to recognize the beasts in us and around us, name it and then reject it as external to us, for we are not part of this world inhabited by animals, whatever they are, whatever they look like. So that we should be able to recognize plainly who is part of Christ’s body, who is a real help for us, bones of our bone and flesh of our flesh.

Eve is the mother (the starting point) of the few (the real church not the synagogue of Satan) which God has gave aionios life, those few are parts of Christ’s body.
His bones and flesh. For our body is the temple of God.

Now I maintain the fact that Adam and Eve were NOT the first people and that they had earthly mothers and fathers (genealogically and spiritually) they had to LEAVE OUT to become part of Christ’s body.
Matthew 10:35 « For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law ».
Luke 9:59-60 « He said to another man, "Follow me." But he replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father. Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of GOD »
Revelation 18:4 « Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues »

We must leave out our own beliefs, what we thought we came from and what we thought made us, for it is God in Christ in us that is forming us from now on, we are becoming part of a new family, but we must have recognize the old one and then reject it to turn ourself as part of a totally new family, because « new wine must be poured into new wineskins » (Luke 5:38).

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »

Yes, Horan, this is a discussion board.  Your post did not specifically prompt me to post, though it did give me opportunity to share that other views are possible.   

You said. "...But the creation story isn't presented like this, but rather as historical narrative, much as the story of Calvary is presented, not as simply a poem filled with spiritual truth."  I just want people to know that they can believe in an Historic Jesus who died and was raised from the dead without believing that the Second chapter of Genesis is historically factual.  That the "story of Calvary" has exceedingly more historical evidence.  And maybe it is even way more important.   

Look above at the email exchange Zeke Sr. posted.  But for the grace of God, that could have been me being talked about.  So I'm a wee bit passionate about this, but I didn't mean to come across as bowling you over.  Sorry.

I know of some ultra-literalists who make YEC proponents look like flaming liberals.  We all find our place.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ZekeSr

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »

When I started this post, I never thought it would develop into the structure that it has or continue on for this lengthy a stretch. And despite a few somewhat slightly “testy” moments, it’s been quite interesting and informative. After reading and considering all these posts, as well as doing quite a bit of prayer, contemplation, and of course some research inside and out of Scripture, I thought I’d interject the elements that have come into the light from my perspective:

First of all, Adam and Eve were absolutely not the first humans to walk the face of the earth. Of that, I am now certain.
Were they real? Were they an allegory? A metaphor? Is the whole account “just” another a parable? Well someone had to breed children and flesh out the lineage leading to our Lord and Savior. And that genealogy, in my opinion, is laid out in too much detail to be a pure parable. And, obviously, there had to be a first man and woman somewhere along the line. With that being said, like so many other dualities contained in Scripture, Adam, while genealogically correct, could still be considered “humanity,” according to his name, whereas the more direct line leading to Jesus could begin with Seth whose name means Anointed.
But now I see a more symbolic lesson in who or what Adam and Eve really are—a deep spiritual lesson—a parable. Adam and Eve are types. They are the human paradigm of God and the Word. The first example of what human relationships and family really represent:

Who was Jesus before he was a man? He was the Word:

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2  He was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3  All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
John 1:14  And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.

Before the Word became flesh, the Word was God’s Helper (Helpmate?) through whom all things came into being. And where did Jesus say He originally came from?

Joh 16:27  for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God.
Joh 16:28  I came out from the Father and have come into the world; I leave the world again and go to the Father.
Joh_10:30  I and the Father are One!

And where did Eve come from? Eve came out from Adam:

Gen 2:18  And Jehovah God said, It is not good, the man being alone. (Was it good for God to be alone? Apparently not.) I will make a helper suited to him.
Gen 2:22  And Jehovah God formed the rib which He had taken from the man into a woman, and brought her to the man.
Gen 2:23  And the man said, This now at last is bone from my bones, and flesh from my flesh. For this shall be called Woman, because this has been taken out of man.

I’m going to use gender here; and that may seem strange to some, but I see no other proper way to describe it. Spiritual aspects can only be expressed by humans in human terms.
Eve’s name means “mother” …and as Prune pointed out… it also means “starting point.”
Adam and Eve are a parable based in spiritual truth with what I believe to be some historical facts sprinkled in. And the “real Eve” is the Word, the Starting Point, the Helper who came out from God, the Creator of all that exists in the Universe, the “Mother” of all living.

Gen_3:20  And the man called the name of his wife, Eve; because she became the mother of all living.

And the Word, divested of glory, became flesh and dwelt among us as Jesus, the Son of god.

Php 2:5  For think this within you, which mind was also in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6  who subsisting in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
Php 2:7  but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men
Php 2:8  and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.
Php 2:9  Because of this also God highly exalted Him and gave Him a name above every name,
Php 2:10  that at the name of Jesus "every knee should bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth,
Php 2:11  and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord," to the glory of God the Father.

Mike

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »

Much thanks Mike!

This thread has been very benifical to me, as I'm sure it will be to others reading it along the way.

My understanding is much the same, and this point you made...Is quite interesting.

And the “real Eve” is the Word, the Starting Point, the Helper who came out from God, the Creator of all that exists in the Universe, the “Mother” of all living.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:55:25 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »

Thought i relent from posting it troubles me with all the truth God revealed thru Ray are you all so quick to not see.

Was there more than one first man??  Why can't you all believe what the bible says.  My mother had 10 children in 13 years!!  And if you reasonably take the time to study how many Eve could of had, especially being in the tremendous health she was, i can only imagine.  There is 1,600 years packed into 10 biblical pages so of course you will not have every detail outlined, like what time frame Cain killed able.

Nevertheless you have to contend with the below Scripture and if you don't believe there was only one first man name Adam then you don't believe in the word of God.  I show you a scripture when it said Adam was the first man, yet how many of you will believe what it said? Where is the scripture Adam was not the first man?   Personal interjection are not justified.

1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 

Sea Of Glass

ZekeSr

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »

Thought i relent from posting it troubles me with all the truth God revealed thru Ray are you all so quick to not see.

Was there more than one first man??  Why can't you all believe what the bible says.  My mother had 10 children in 13 years!!  And if you reasonably take the time to study how many Eve could of had, especially being in the tremendous health she was, i can only imagine.  There is 1,600 years packed into 10 biblical pages so of course you will not have every detail outlined, like what time frame Cain killed able.

Nevertheless you have to contend with the below Scripture and if you don't believe there was only one first man name Adam then you don't believe in the word of God.  I show you a scripture when it said Adam was the first man, yet how many of you will believe what it said? Where is the scripture Adam was not the first man?   Personal interjection are not justified.

1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Sea Of Glass

Sea of Glass,

I never said there was more than one first man. Apparently you did not read what I wrote very closely. I said just the opposite. Also, I said there's a parable involved. And if you believe God revealed truths through Ray, I suggest you back up and read the post of Ray's Email that I put up on this thread in which he states that Adam and Eve were not the first humans. Something easily ascertained based on Scripture.

Mike

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 09:49:59 PM »

Seaofglass,

You said... Was there more than one first man??  Why can't you all believe what the bible says.

I know I did not agree to any such nonsense.

You also said... I show you a scripture when it said Adam was the first man, yet how many of you will believe what it said? Where is the scripture Adam was not the first man?   

I'll quote Dave from Tennessee.

" Was Jesus literally and physically the "last man"?  If we don't have a problem with this answer, perhaps it will help not have a problem with "Adam" being literally and physically the "First man", though "so it is written".

And this... There is 1,600 years packed into 10 biblical pages so of course you will not have every detail outlined, like what time frame Cain killed able.

Exactly!

There are many details missing in this account and  there is a deeper spiritual message contained in it, that others have posted. 

.There can be no doubt there was a first man, and in the Genisis account it was Adam. I'm not settled on much past this, because I don't see the Genisis creation the way Ray did. 

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:02:15 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2018, 10:43:51 PM »

I read all the words, and I believe that passage.  It is most certainly written. 

indianabob

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 02:01:09 AM »

Thanks Dave, very inspiring,

Also consider the rest of the story explaining what is so different about humanity.

We all are to become like our elder brother the Lord Jesus and take the form of the Celestial when our change comes.
Then we will see our lord AS HE IS, for we shall be like him.

1 Cor 15:46 CLV
 But not first the spiritual, but the soulish, thereupon the spiritual." 47 The first man was out of the earth, soilish; the second Man is the Lord out of heaven." 48 Such as the soilish one is, such are those also who are soilish, and such as the Celestial One, such are those also who are celestials." 49 And according as we wear the image of the soilish, we should be wearing the image also of the Celestial."
50 Now this I am averring, brethren, that flesh and blood is not able to enjoy an allotment in the kingdom of God, neither is corruption enjoying the allotment of incorruption." 51 Lo! a secret to you am I telling! We all, indeed, shall not be put to repose, yet we all shall be changed, 52 in an instant, in the twinkle of an eye, at the last trump. For He will be trumpeting, and the dead will be roused incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal put on immortality.

1 JN 3 CLV(i) 1 Perceive what manner of love the Father has given us, that we may be called children of God! And we are! Therefore the world does not know us, for it did not know Him." 2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and it was not as yet manifested what we shall be. We are aware that, if He should be manifested, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him according as He is.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2018, 03:43:30 AM »

To add to Bob's comments and scripture, the Adam in my bible left the garden in a higher spiritual condition than he entered it.  There is no "fall of man" and no "fallen humanity", though men do fall.   

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2018, 08:24:51 AM »

To add to Bob's comments and scripture, the Adam in my bible left the garden in a higher spiritual condition than he entered it.  There is no "fall of man" and no "fallen humanity", though men do fall.   

Amen! 😁

Porter

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »

Sea Of Glass

You need a second witness to prove the "only" part of your statement as 1Co 15:45 does not interpret itself. Besides, that is not even the spiritual jist of it even if Adam really were the first human/man ever.

Paul gives a bunch of spiritual witnesses as to what he is talking about in those passages surrounding that particular verse you quoted. Sorry, but I'm not seeing the word "only" in that verse, but like Ray I do see 666 followed by 777.

Why are you so hung up on the physical aspect of it all when it will soon pass away? Milk is for babies, have some meat.  8)

1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption , and this mortal (First Man Adam) must put on immortality (Last Adam).

Eph 4:22  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man (First Man Adam), which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man (Last Adam), which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So was there more than one "first man Adam"? Yes according to Scripture all of humanity is a "first man Adam".

Ecc 3:18 I said in my heart:It is on account of the sons of humanity That the One, Elohim, seeks to manifest them And to show them that they themselves are beasts.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has a mind calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is the number of mankind, and its number is six hundred sixty-six.

Forgive me if it seems like I'm preaching at you, but when you accuse brothers and sisters of not believing the Word of God, you should really look at yourself first. I came here because the literal, physical preaching of Christianity wasn't cutting it and only holding me back from the spiritual truth I would come to love and cherish above all else. 

If I have completely misunderstood you I'm sorry. Please explain to me how your statement is beneficial to me and my spiritual growth, because it's very possible I may just be missing it completely.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »

There are many topic of discussion that do not have “two witnesses” such as  “it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: “ Does a lack of a 2nd witness denies this scripture?  Where is ONE scripture that said there was more than I creation??

Does Bob's lack of two witness of Scriptures undermines his statement “the Adam in my bible left the garden in a higher spiritual condition than he entered it. There is no "fall of man" and no "fallen humanity", though men do fall.”  No this is a statement out of spiritual growth I agree with and need no Scriptures to see it.

It said “and Adam knew his wife” not found a wife. And it all happened in “in process of time”.  130 years later Eve had Seth.  Are we to presume nothing happen in between because there is no scripture witnesses?  I am sure Eve was a hot looking babe with curves Adam just couldn’t resist which meant many bambinos and those bambinos had many other bambinos.!  Why cause that how God made us men, attracted to curves and he put a force in us to be fruitful and multiply and thus procreate which few men can resist. Do any one then thinks that between Cain and Able growth that Adam and Even did not “know” each other especially on a full moon and no TV? And puberty at 12 to 15 years is a monstrous force to content with for boys.  In some countries 15 years old is standard for a female to have babies.  “Be fruitful and multiply” was a command from God not “Oh honey Adam can we just have 3 children?” Humor intended.

Ray was a great man use by God and now its our turn to grow with what Ray left and go beyond that.  After four years of research to understand, because God moved me to pray about this not that I wanted a pass time of something to do, I wrote a small book on the crooked scheme of the elite and how they have being and are robbing the entire world and a PDF is available to anyone free of charge [removed].   
From the forbidden fruit to this present day, the time of the reveling of the sons of God is closing in as the end of the gentile rule closes:

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Will these “sons of God” die once and then be judged?”  No these sons of God will see the beast within first and I tell you as Ray did when you see the beast within, you will know and your life will never be the same again.  Where did Cain get his wife?  I am past this long time ago, I take no offense and I speak in general not pointing the finger at one person cause there are three fingers pointing back at you when you do this.  Over 60 now don’t have time.

If Ray’s response to me was “if you mean “man” than you have a point” meant a lot to me BUT it did not make me self righteous as I can not match his wits.  God dragged me to Ray’s writing and believe me it was not a pleasant thing and all I want to do is stay close to the trunk of the tree, the tree of life.

Be blessed and strive for the faith, we are going to need cause we are in for bad weather.

Benelyon
Sea Of Glass
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:47:54 AM by Dennis Vogel »

indianabob

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the helpful suggestion.
Personal info has been modified or deleted.

Indiana Bob   :)

Hi Seaofglass,

Tried writing to your email address and was rejected.
Maybe I'm not understanding how it works with aol.com

Thanks for any help you can provide.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:30:08 PM by indianabob »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.