bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite Music?  (Read 120238 times)

yello62

Re: Your Favorite Music?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »

there is live music at this joint six nights a week.  rather than traditional jazz on thursday’s, they are doing latin jazz.  i have been dealing with significant health problems the past two years, so, no, i have not been able to see any other trios.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »

Great music! Thank you all for those discoveries!
I like all kinds of music 🎶 since it brings emotions.
Currently I’m fond of Scottish sounds! And the swallows make great choregraphies about it 😂

Coming back to birds ML, I’m sure you know this little Pixar cartoon which I find so funny:
https://youtu.be/WjoDEQqyTig

Ever since I believe God is the creator of the earth through Christ I just keep on marveling about nature 🤩, when I used to consider, before God entered my life, trees like rocks.. well, I wasn’t even interested in noticing trees around me 😕
Now I can laugh alone when waiting my train just looking at pigeons interact with each other (pigeons also have a great sense of humour 🙃) or feeling emotional looking at little beautiful flowers growing in the midst of railroads...

ML

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »

As I am typing this, I can hear some chickadees  ;D

I feel the sane way! I used to take creation for granted, but ever since coming to these truths, I marvel at (almost) everything around me. Mosquito's are an exception.  ;)

If only we could understand what animals were saying. Probably laugh at us for not being as smart as them. Enjoyed the link too. It was pretty funny.

Have you ever seen starlings? I haven't in person, but seen a couple videos of them. Those are one of my favorite birds from God. :D

there is live music at this joint six nights a week.  rather than traditional jazz on thursday’s, they are doing latin jazz.  i have been dealing with significant health problems the past two years, so, no, i have not been able to see any other trios.
Has your health gotten a bit better since then? Just remember, that these things are fiery trials. Not to bring pain for the sake of it, but to use suffering to perfect us, to bring us closer into His image. For I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

yello62

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 04:03:17 PM »

ml, i appreciate the encouragement.  no, they have continued to get worse.  i am currently posting from a hospital room.  i was admitted sunday, as one of the growing list of issues is out of control.  no need to fret, though.  i see this whole experience of deterioration as The Father turning the soil that is my experience of living, in preparation to plant and grow more of what He has declared for me.  it is painful, to be certain, but i have been given awareness and great confidence that this is 1) from Him, and 2) part of His will for me.

ML

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 04:13:36 PM »

Matthew 6
24‘None is able to serve two lords, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to the one, and despise the other; ye are not able to serve God and Mammon.
25‘Because of this I say to you, be not anxious for your life, what ye may eat, and what ye may drink, nor for your body, what ye may put on. Is not the life more than the nourishment, and the body than the clothing?
26look to the fowls of the heaven, for they do not sow, nor reap, nor gather into storehouses, and your heavenly Father doth nourish them; are not ye much better than they?
27‘And who of you, being anxious, is able to add to his age one cubit?
28and about clothing why are ye anxious? consider well the lilies of the field; how do they grow? they do not labour, nor do they spin;
29and I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these.
30‘And if the herb of the field, that to-day is, and to-morrow is cast to the furnace, God doth so clothe — not much more you, O ye of little faith?
31therefore ye may not be anxious, saying, What may we eat? or, What may we drink? or, What may we put round?
32for all these do the nations seek for, for your heavenly Father doth know that ye have need of all these;
33but seek ye first the reign of God and His righteousness, and all these shall be added to you.
34Be not therefore anxious for the morrow, for the morrow shall be anxious for its own things; sufficient for the day [is] the evil of it.

This whole passage is great, but bolded the parts for relevancy. I am not perfect at this myself, as sometimes I fret over the evils and worries of this life. By His Grace, though, that has been decreasing.

Have you been staying in a bed there? I'll pray for you. If it be God's Will, you will be healed. Either way, have comfort that His will is ALWAYS done.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 04:19:19 PM »

yello62, I’m sorry about your health problems.
I see you have a strong faith in Our Father, keep on keepin’ on!
God’s with us. Nothing to fear. He is glorifying Himself through you.
Be blessed.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »

"Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power: THAT the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be GLORIFIED IN YOU [IN YOU], and YE IN HIM, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ" (II Thes. 1:11-12)

(parenthesis [] by Ray Smith)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:28:23 PM by Prune Soleiado »

yello62

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »

thanks, michelle.

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »

Tony, Ive never personally suffered with health issues, but I have experienced the suffering of loved ones.

You are never out of our holy fathers mind, for his love for you is greater than anything the human mind can conceive. He knew you before you came to be and he purposed nothing but what is good and righteous for you. He will draw you close, strengthen and comfort you no matter how dark things may be in your life.

Never forget how precious you are and how much you are loved.

Luke 12:7

7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Psalm 56:8

8 You keep track of all my sorrows.[a]
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book.

Psalms 139: 13-17

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »

And Tony, thanks for sharing some of the music you enjoy, great stuff!

This one is from an artist you may not know, she passed away, I think1995, at the age of 33.

https://youtu.be/crUm-v6o-0s
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:41:25 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

yello62

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »

thank you wanda, she has a beautiful voice. 

i appreciate everyone’s encouragement, i truly do.  i have to be honest with everyone, my life has been one of significant difficulty of one kind or another.  i was given awareness of The Father’s “involvement” in my personal affairs at a young age.  i have struggled and wrestled mightily since that time to understand what He is doing.  He granted me growing understanding and acceptance long before i stumbled across ray’s writings and those of other organizations that teach the salvation of all.  He had prepped me for this introduction.  the first 38 years of my life, He brought me to a certain point.  again, the tools He used were quite painful.  He granted me two to three years of freedom from struggles, and then put me back in an increasingly hotter, and hotter fire.  that process has been the past sixteen years.   i have been hit on all sides by difficulty.  not just difficulty, i have been pressed like a bunch of grapes in a wine press.  and just like those grapes that are crushed, He is creating a fine bottle of wine out of me. 

i have had people ridicule me because of my stance on many things (the absolute sovereign nature of God” being one of them), but through all of this, the understanding, belief, faith, and all that He has planted in me, have grown.  within the past two years, He has planted a peace that cannot be explained.  it is material, it is palpable, it is substantive.   

again, i appreciate the thoughts and prayers, and will ask for them continuosly.  as for the need to be encouraged, or reminded of the incredible gift we’ve been given?   He’s got this, trust!

yello62

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »

The Father’s grace on you all today.  i do hope that i did not offend by my last posting in this thread.  it was not intended to be anything more than a little more information about me. 

this thread has helped me revisit some music that i have enjoyed over the years.  in thanks, i would like to post this beautiful piece of guitar:  https://youtu.be/inBKFMB-yPg

ML

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »

No worries, Tony. You didnt offend me at least(I highly doubt anyone either.)

Beautiful guitar! I really like the person who kept coughing too. Really added to the performance  :D

And to that, I will add this piece of music
David Helping - (album) A Sea without Memory

This is ambient guitar, and one of my favorites. These are pretty long(Not toooo long in my opinion, I prefer longer to shorter songs. I know of an 8 HOUR song, so I'll give it here if anyone is interested)

For an even better listening experience, get a podcast app, and look up episode 1188 of Ultima Thule Ambient. This episode they had the album I mentioned, and a couple other songs from another artist I mentioned in this thread. 1 hour 30 minutes long, but it flows really nice for me to listen to, instead of individually to each song. I don't even have to buy the music this way either!

Wanda

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 03:05:36 PM »

Good day Tony!

There is nothing to be offended by. I think in our haste to comfort you, we came on a bit strong. I did that a lot when my sister was suffering, and she let me know about it too. ;)

Interesting choice of music. I was listening to solo guitar performances yesterday, and came across this one. I was going to share it with you  :)

ML, I was so captivated by the music I never heard the cough.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »

No offense at all Tony! 👍
Your testimony touched me profoundly.
I wanted so much to bring you comfort 😊 and instead of that it’s you that gave it me by showing me the strength and courage God puts in your heart! I wanna be that brave!
Thanks for sharing Tony
In the name of Jesus

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »

Opened my bible « by chance »(as I always like to do, for I consider God decides what I need to read) and here’s what I read:
Isaiah 40:28-31: « 28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint. »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:54:38 PM by Prune Soleiado »

yello62

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »

amen to those words, michelle.  i have found them increasingly truer in my experience.  i have said to others, i am in pain, and i do not like it, but, within that, The Father is growing something in me that provides a strength that i do not have.  it is His, and it is truly awesome to experience. 

Wanda

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »

I know what you mean Tony.

Michelle, the Lord leads me to specific scriptures everyday too. I believe he's talking to me, because it's always the perfect thing I need.  Now I look forward to what he will be saying tomorrow.

28 Have you never heard?

Have you never understood?  I can honestly say I never completely  understood the power contained in these words, until I experienced the fullness of them in my life.

For me, Isaiah  paints this vivid picture of someone, who has given all they can. They are physically, spiritually, and emotionally drained in every way, and in their desperation, the Lord intercedes by giving them a supernatural strength.  It's  a strength that comes from outside us...beyond us...underneath us.

The point: It’s not us. It's not natural. It's the supernatural updraft of divine grace. We become like an eagle, soaring effortlessly on an updraft.  At least it was like that for me. Not something you're ever likely to dismiss IMO.

Wanda

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 07:44:34 PM »

Musterseed, (Pamela) asked me to share this beautiful violin solo for her.

https://youtu.be/Dr_v5aaWZSc

Love it! Thanks Pamela!

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »

Wanda,
Our Holy Father has led me to read Zacharias 9 tonight! What an absolute wonder!
I love it when He opens my eyes and ears to His magnificent Word.
This is an astonishing prophecy when you really pay attention to the words, I translated every hebrew word and what a discover it was! What a treasure! I love Our Father so much for giving us soooo much love!
The funny thing is that I ended up reading this chapter because I was meditating about donkeys in the bible, starting with this question: why Jesus choose a female donkey and her colt? I prayed for God to answer me, and He always answer, in the most beautiful manner!
Zacharias 9 is HUGE! I never realized that before tonight: God talks to us clearly and simply about His plans towards those He brought to Him through His Son Jesus. What a revelation, I feel a bit dizzy, like I had a full wineskin to drink!
God gave us the most beautiful advice through Ray: PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE WORDS
And it is so true that my joy tonight is reasonating in my heart like a symphony!
I think I won’t be able to sleep tonight for God has awaken me in the most brilliant way, as radiant as the summer sun, as bright as Jesus Christ the Light of our lives!
Just needed to share it 😆
Ps: Donkeys are the keys 🗝 🎼 🚪🎺
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.