bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite Music?  (Read 120256 times)

Prune Soleiado

Re: Your Favorite Music?
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 07:57:41 PM »

Wonderful violin solo!
It fits perfectly with my emotions right now!
Thanks Pamela and Wanda!

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »

Michele, Awe inspiring! ;D

I know that giddy feeling, better than any wine I ever tasted.

Let your light continue to shine bright among us Sister!

Matthew 5:14-16 New International Version (NIV)

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 08:44:29 PM »

This is a piece by The Piano Guys...piano and  the soulful sound of the Cello.

https://youtu.be/iO7ySn-Swwc
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

ML

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 09:16:23 PM »

Michelle, that's great!

Since both of you mentioned light, wanted to give this passage:

1 Thessalonians 5
1And concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need of my writing to you,
2for yourselves have known thoroughly that the day of the Lord as a thief in the night doth so come,
3for when they may say, Peace and surety, then sudden destruction doth stand by them, as the travail [doth] her who is with child, and they shall not escape;
4and ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day may catch you as a thief;
5all ye are sons of light, and sons of day; we are not of night, nor of darkness,
6so, then, we may not sleep as also the others, but watch and be sober,
7for those sleeping, by night do sleep, and those making themselves drunk, by night are drunken,
8and we, being of the day — let us be sober, putting on a breastplate of faith and love, and an helmet — a hope of salvation,
9because God did not appoint us to anger, but to the acquiring of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10who did die for us, that whether we wake — whether we sleep — together with him we may live;

11wherefore, comfort ye one another, and build ye up, one the one, as also ye do.
12And we ask you, brethren, to know those labouring among you, and leading you in the Lord, and admonishing you,
13and to esteem them very abundantly in love, because of their work; be at peace among yourselves

Lovely songs too Wanda(and Pamela!) Just wondering, how did they get a piano that size over there? Must weigh a ton!

ML

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2018, 09:42:01 PM »

Here is some more:

Nils Frahm  - Because this must be
Hidden Orchestra - Overture
Ólafur Arnalds - 0952
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:54:37 PM by ML »

Wanda

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 01:37:55 AM »

ML, I found Nils Frahm on YT. His music, exudes a huge range of emotion, and the piano he plays is an extraordinary work of art. I've never seen anything like it.

Everytime I watch one of their videos I wonder how they get the pianos to these unusual locations.  One I watched was a location in the desert.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:46:05 AM by Wanda »

ML

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 02:19:29 AM »

I forget when I found Nils Frahm, but I must admit that he is very talented.

Oh yes, I saw the thumbnail of the video you're describing. I was thinking that it was a green screen at one point, but it seems too realistic for that.

Did you listen to Hidden Orchestra, at least the one I mentioned? It's fine if you didn't like it, just wondering. I consider that to be their best work, despite what Spotify top 10 says  :)

There is a noticeable Jazz influence in their style, among other genres. Their biography was mentioning how many different artists have "guest appearances" to play. It is more of a "pseudo orchestra" if you will, as they play different instruments separately, then are combined in studio.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 02:47:52 AM »

Hidden Orchestra’s Overture is beautiful ☀️
And I also appreciate Nils Frahm, especially « Forever Changeless », I discovered it via Deezer, beautiful ✨
As to Ólafur Arnalds « 0952 », what a touching song and the video is beautiful 💫
What a great way to wake up before going to work 😊
Thank you ML for those gifts 🎁

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 02:57:47 AM »

Island provides us with a lot of talented artists. I discover Asgeir not so long ago, great artist.
Here’s my favorite: https://youtu.be/weyENZESVL4

ML

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2018, 03:43:44 AM »

Really enjoyed the song Michelle. Thank you  :)

Where I am, this is bedtime for me!  :-*

Enjoy your day  :D It was photography, right? I thought I remember you mentioning that in an older post...

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 03:55:23 AM »

Well I was told my job is called « photo editor » 😁
Good night under the Protection and Love of Our Father through His Son Jesus, then! 🌟

Wanda

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 01:56:16 PM »

ML, this is the one I listened to. I saw a live performance, but it was, as you say, cheesy. :D

https://youtu.be/1QeCuWC4LU4

Wanda

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »

Thanks for sharing this extraordinary talent with us Michelle!💖

I love this one as well. Wish I could find the lyrics.

https://youtu.be/spEQHWCcUfA

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 03:55:00 PM »

Great song, thanks Wanda!
yes Asgeir is very talented, such a beautiful voice! And his songs lyrics are great 🎶 🎵

I found on the forum an information quite interesting about donkeys: they are often used to guard herds of sheeps and protect them from wolves, coyotes or stray dogs!! Because they always get attached to the sheeps. Isn’t it wonderful?

One other thing: Under the law of Moses, the firstborn of cattle and sheep were offered to God, but a donkey was redeemed with the sacrifice of a lamb (Exodus 34:19-20).
If a donkey was not redeemed by a lamb, the donkey was not allowed to live.
Well I can see also the redemption through Christ!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:15:13 PM by Prune Soleiado »

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »

Sorry, I’ve always like donkeys and now I see them as holy instrument used by God for our instruction 😃
And if Ray hadn’t insisted with his « pay attention to the words » I would have only seen the material/physical side of donkeys not the profound one ☝️
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:05:50 PM by Prune Soleiado »

ML

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 04:30:36 PM »

Yep, thanks Wanda for the also cheesy song!  ;)

Good findings on donkeys too! I wouldn't have known that without God showing you  :)

Wanda

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 05:08:32 PM »

I did research about the significance of donkeys in the bible a few years ago, but my findings are much more than I could post here.

I'm including just a small bit of what I gleaned from it all.

The most unforgettable Bible donkey event was when the Lord Jesus Christ rode a donkey colt through the city of Jerusalem.  This donkey ride had been prophesied for hundreds of years before the actual event. "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an a@@, and upon a colt the foal of an a@@" (Zechariah 9:9).

In following Christ's example, when serving the Lord, our focus should be on obeying Him with lowliness and humility.  Thinking of the Christ riding a donkey, as Christians, our aim should not be to capitulate to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life (1 John 2:16).  "The world passeth away, and the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever" (1 John 2:17).

Donkeys in the Bible and today—as an animal, they have served us well.   May we be like Christ's donkey, willing and set aside, patiently  and humbly waiting for our Master's touch,  that we may fulfill the tasks the Lord has ordained for us to accomplish.

The donkey is a reliable and humble helper, just as our Lord and Savior is to us.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:27:44 PM by Wanda »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »

Change is good donkey.🐴

Shrek 😁
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »

Change is good donkey.🐴

Shrek 😁

😂🤣😅

Wanda

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2018, 05:47:41 PM »

Thanks so much for the insightful info into the biblical donky Michelle! Great stuff.👍👂
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.