bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite Music?  (Read 120257 times)

ML

Your Favorite Music?
« on: July 17, 2018, 01:55:00 AM »

To start off, I'll list a couple that I like a lot. This is probably going to be really unorthodox to most of you, but hope you like it nevertheless.

The first 2 here I just found recently, but really enjoyed them.
Jeff Pearce - With Evening Above
Jeff Pearce - A Closed Circle
Jeff Pearce - Gathering Stars

This whole album I pretty much like, minus a 2 or 3. Drop is my favorite song from them.
Heron - (album) You Are Here Now

Any others? I do have more, but I'll hold off from some for now, as most of you seem a bit too "old" for some of my tastes. And no, I am not referring to "explicit" songs, or heavy metal. I usually prefer vocal less songs, as I let the sound speak for itself.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Your Favorite Music?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:34:47 AM »

To start off, I'll list a couple that I like a lot. This is probably going to be really unorthodox to most of you, but hope you like it nevertheless.

The first 2 here I just found recently, but really enjoyed them.
Jeff Pearce - With Evening Above
Jeff Pearce - A Closed Circle
Jeff Pearce - Gathering Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFBz3hg3rY

This whole album I pretty much like, minus a 2 or 3. Drop is my favorite song from them.
Heron - (album) You Are Here Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFX7BMnL9Y

Any others? I do have more, but I'll hold off from some for now, as most of you seem a bit too "old" for some of my tastes. And no, I am not referring to "explicit" songs, or heavy metal. I usually prefer vocal less songs, as I let the sound speak for itself.

Too old, ya say sonny?  My mom would like these.   ;D ;D

There is no music I don't like at least a little at least for a little while.  But I mostly like singer-songwriter stuff.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:39:09 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ML

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »

No songs you don't like, Dave? OH REALLY? Does this include children's animal rhymes?  ;D ;D

I've heard 40 year olds being called elderly, so I am sure some here can relate to that.

I especially like ambient music for looking at the sky, and at a night sky and observing the stars. Anyone else?

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »

One day I was feeling pretty bad, crying and praying God to put some peace in my heart.
I was feeling very lonely and told Our Father that I would like so much to be in His arms right now, of course I was thinking about physical arms, being cuddled loke a baby.
To calm myself I decided to put some music. I use Deezer, for it allows me to listen hazardously songs when I don’t want to « choose ».
And this time I fell on this one:
https://youtu.be/lMcMAsNXfiw
I didn’t even know the artist. Never heard of him.
I cried listening to the song, but this time it was joy and wonder that brought my tears!
And I have learned now that God is ALWAYS cuddling us, in spirit through Christ.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 04:47:25 PM »

ML, that's music to put earplugs in and chill to. Thanks!

Michelle thank you! The song is wondeeful.

I'll throw one into the mix, from Sara Groves, singer songwriter.

https://youtu.be/du9rkt_thyw
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »

Thanks for the song Wanda! Especially liked the Violin(though I wish it was used more.)

And, along with Wanda, thanks for the song Michelle! Very nice. It is also interesting to think about "tears of Joy." Tears are usually associated with sadness, are they not? I have experienced it myself at times, but it seems funny at times. "Why am I crying, if I am not sad?" Maybe longing from His Spirit in us?

Just another thing to share, I could be active with even the most relaxing music! It sounds a bit strange, but even with some songs I shared above I could probably do that.

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 05:31:18 PM »

I agree with you on the violin ML. This is one of my favs, with violin you might like.

https://youtu.be/NguIpRFLM4M
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

ML

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 05:59:40 PM »

LOVELY VIOLIN! Admittingly, some of the instruments sounded "cheesy" to me at times, but overall it was really enjoyable.

A couple more:
Hammock - Clinging
Hammock In the middle of this nowhere
Diatonis - Ocean of Mercy (Not expecting anyone else here to like this one, but found it a couple years ago and still enjoy it. From 2003 album Landscape of a Dream)

I suggest using Spotify too, as it is easier to find some of these songs on there. Especially the third one I listed.

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »

Thanks for the additional music ML.

My sound is out on my laptop, so I am listening to music on my phone. It all sounds a bit cheesy.

ML

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 07:20:32 PM »

Are you referring to some recommended here, or all music?  :P

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 07:48:35 PM »

All music  :)

ML

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »

:)

What are your favorite instruments? We both already like the violin, but are there any others?

Wanda

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

Piano, Cello, Saxophone, Guitar, Harmonica. Those are the ones I enjoy solo. I like most string instruments, as well as wind too.

Wanda

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:35 PM »

I love me some Blues  ;D

https://youtu.be/14Zt5bjJKak

ML

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »

Yep, I like all those instruments too! Well, except the harmonica  ;)

Especially with guitar, I like some ambient effects on it. You may have heard some of it already, and I'll give more later that has it. "Computer generated" sounds I like too. Not all of them, but some.

Blues is too boring for me, but I like some Jazz! Although, that is a recent interest, so not too familiar with the genre.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 03:59:49 AM »

I like to listen to some jazz while looking by my window at the swallows making a choregraphy « for me ». Very exhilarating 😊
There are a lot of swallows flying nearby my apartment, tweeting and dancing in the sky (I thank them for there are less mosquitos in my home, thanks God 😅)
It reminds me of this verse:
Isaiah 38:14: « Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me. »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:18:13 AM by Prune Soleiado »

yello62

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 06:27:22 AM »

i am like dave, a fan of most.  to me, music is one of the many gifts God has placed in His creation.

the first time i heard this, i wept uncontrollably: https://youtu.be/7mpxuR9nXE0

yet another that brings me to tears: https://youtu.be/CEvsDuJYEnI

then there is this jazz trio.  they used to play thursday nights at a bbq joint near me.  i got a chance to see them a dozen times, or so.  all three of them are world class jazz musicians. the drummer considered one of the best in the business.  i was five feet from the piano player the night this was filmed, and could be heard in the background: https://youtu.be/Cdv3noFdVbI

and finally, although in no way a full representation of the music i enjoy, i post this group from chile: https://youtu.be/mFSRCG4DrmI
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:55:15 AM by yello62 »

ML

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 01:20:01 PM »

Speaking of birds, around where I live there are mainly crows, magpies, and pigeons. There are some power lines that a couple of them just sit on for an hour or 2, and a couple times there were about 5 or 6 crows that flew up on a very small section. On even rarer occasions there are some doves and seagulls that fly around, and a bald eagle whom I've seen about 3 times.

About a month ago, there where a couple birds that kept circling in the air above me. Not sure the name of them, but it was a cool sight. Another was when about 50-100 crows flew up in one of the very big trees around here. I have a couple bird books(1 I got fairly recently, the other 2 my parents had for a long time and just gave it to me.) Cannot say I am a professional birder, but observing birds can be pretty cool. If I ever travel, I would like to especially see those tiny owls. Forget the name of them though.

Thanks for your contributions yello! A bit of veriety there, so that's nice. Speaking of the Jazz trio you mentioned, where are they now? Still play sometimes around where you live?

yello62

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »

ml, i don’t think so.  last i read, joe (the piano player) was traveling somewhere out of the states, and khari (the drummer) was touring with george benson.

ML

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 02:13:19 PM »

That sucks. Have you traveled to any of the other guys' tourings since then? Does another group play jazz in that place since that trio doesn't play there anymore?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.