bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psalm 86 (KJV)  (Read 8605 times)

Prune Soleiado

Psalm 86 (KJV)
« on: July 21, 2018, 06:15:30 AM »

Psalm 86 King James Version (KJV)

86 Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me: for I am poor and needy.

2 Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.

3 Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.

4 Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

6 Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.

9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

11 Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

14 O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set thee before them.

15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

16 O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.

17 Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, Lord, hast holpen me, and comforted me.

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Psalm 86 (KJV)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »

Verse 15 jumped out at me.

15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
    slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulne

This certainly decribes our heavenly father in truth. Not someone we should fear, but revere as the most Holy of perfection. Everything he does is motivated by his love.

Becoming like a child again in our relationship with him, has many rewards.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 04:29:11 PM »

I was lead to Psalm 71 today. Here is my favorite verse from there:

14But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Speaking of children, they have a lot more wisdom than people might think. Slow to speak, follows instructions humbly, forgives quickly, etc. All you have to do is be still and listen.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »

I just spent eighteen days with my daughter and twins(boy and girl ) grandchildren who I hadn’t seen in three years. They are city kids and we live in the Country. Driving home from the airport was
dark, our little granddaughter Emma pointed up at the sky and said what’s that, a star I said and she said WOW 😮. I was shocked, I asked my daughter about it and she said they were in bed by seven every night so they didn’t see a night sky before . They were able to enjoy many firsts here.
Camping on the beach, seeing the ocean , making sandcastles, walking trails, jumping in the surf,
Campfire and smoares. Emma had an extreme fear of bugs so I bought everyone a swatter and had a contest who could swat the most, well , at the end of three days Little Emma was picking up
dead earthworms and beetle shells and checking on the ants diligently working all day long. She loved the big bumblebees here and loved working in the garden with me. She looked at flowers and leaves with wonder , noticing all the colore shapes and sizes. Our grandson Connor loved running in the yard, he had an acre to play on. He was a typical rough and tough boy, squirting
me and his sister with the hose, stacking logs for his poppy and walking our dog. They loved not having to wear shoes all the time, running in the rain with no shoes. Emma learned to swim,
Connor is a work in progress😁 like us haha.One day we went to a huge flower nursery and it was under a big
canopy .It began to pour down rain and the sound was amazing, they staff gave out umberellas
and we toured the outside gardens in the rain, they loved it. Our daughter was so happy to see her children smile so much. They got to ride horses, feed animals and fish, eat different foods and
face their fear of heights. I was showing off my skipping skills and fell on my butt, they got a
laugh at that. One day it was raining and we went for ice cream, Emma said “ nanny , I didn’t
know we could eat ice cream on a rainy day.”
I am so greatful to our beautiful Lord who I know gave my husband and I the strength to do
so much more than we imagined we could do with our old and broken bodies. I know he
let us be children also. When we played with our grandchildren our pain left us. Our God let us look at the world through the eyes of our grandchildren. It was so much fun. God is so good.
On their last night here , we stayed up till dark and went outside to look at the moon and the stars.
Our Lord gave me a glimpse into the PURE LOVE AND JOY of our future family in the New Earth.

Peace and Joy to all my little brothers and sisters. ❤️ Pamela

Psalm 84:10
Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »

Pamela, thank you for sharing this! What a delight!
God only has this ability to procure so much happiness!
And reading His Word is a powerful source of glee whenever I feel down (that is when I turn myself to the world, that’s automatic: I look down at the world for too long and bang! I feel bad, then I turn myself to God and woah joy and strength come back ✨)
What a joy to have such a wonderful and magnificent Father! I praise Him and I bow down before Him gratefully ♥️

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »

Next week I will move to a new home God gave me. I leave my apartment for a little house that have a garden. First time of my life that I’ll have a garden! But it seems like Our Father considers I am able to take care of it! There is a fig tree in my neighbor’s garden and its branches jut out in my garden so I’ll be able to eat som figs 🌳.
Since Our Father came in my life through Jesus I can’t count all the gifts He offered me!!!
I am no longer the same and so is my life, well His life since I gave mine to Him totally and gladly
for I want so much to please and glorify Our Holy and Loving Father.
Praise be to God! In Christ
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:13:23 PM by Prune Soleiado »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:28:28 PM »

Wonderful news Michelle!  It is true, our Lord changes lives. Praise be to the Father and Son, who make all things possible.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 08:24:51 PM »

Well I just hope it will be Good Figs, not the evil one 🙏
I looked at threads on the forum that talk about fig trees.
Pretty interesting. I ended up on Wikipedia and discover that there is actually good figs that come from female fig tree and bad figs that comes from the male one.
And when you look at recurrences of the words « fig tree » in the bible, it is almost always associated with the promise God makes to His chosen people to give them abundance within the land the people will inherit.
The world around us is a giant parable. So fascinating to look at it when God allows us to take the veil off 🤩

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 09:17:32 PM »

May God Bless You in your new home Michelle and your garden. Maybe God will give you a big green thumb.🌷🌻🌺🌸😀
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »

Thank you Pamela 🙏
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

ML

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »

Or maybe a red thumb, that I got from weeding   ;D ;D ;D

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »

Well maybe the BIG thumb would come from this: loooots of Band-Aid on my aching thumb 😂😂
Then it will perhaps be a big white-ish thumb 🤔
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.