bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First and Last  (Read 3816 times)

ML

First and Last
« on: July 21, 2018, 06:59:01 PM »

So, feeling an urge to do this, I compiled a list of every first and last verse of Scripture, and had them in the KJV order. I was also inspired by when Ray talked about "was and is and is to come" on Revelation. If someone wants to put the correct order of books of Scripture, I will also make a list of verses with that order in mind. Is there any significance here? Let me know. Enjoy:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 50:26  So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.

Exo 1:1  Now these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob.
Exo 40:38  For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

Lev 1:1  And the LORD called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
Lev 27:34  These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.

Num 1:1  And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying,
Num 36:13  These are the commandments and the judgments, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses unto the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho.

Deu 1:1  These be the words which Moses spake unto all Israel on this side Jordan in the wilderness, in the plain over against the Red sea, between Paran, and Tophel, and Laban, and Hazeroth, and Dizahab.
Deu 34:12  And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel.

Jos 1:1  Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
Jos 24:33  And Eleazar the son of Aaron died; and they buried him in a hill that pertained to Phinehas his son, which was given him in mount Ephraim.

Jdg 1:1  Now after the death of Joshua it came to pass, that the children of Israel asked the LORD, saying, Who shall go up for us against the Canaanites first, to fight against them?
Jdg 21:25  In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Rth 1:1  Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehemjudah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.
Rth 4:22  And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.

1Sa 1:1  Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite:
1Sa 31:13  And they took their bones, and buried them under a tree at Jabesh, and fasted seven days.

2Sa 1:1  Now it came to pass after the death of Saul, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Amalekites, and David had abode two days in Ziklag;
2Sa 24:25  And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. So the LORD was intreated for the land, and the plague was stayed from Israel.

1Ki 1:1  Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat.
1Ki 22:53  For he served Baal, and worshipped him, and provoked to anger the LORD God of Israel, according to all that his father had done.

2Ki 1:1  Then Moab rebelled against Israel after the death of Ahab.
2Ki 25:30  And his allowance was a continual allowance given him of the king, a daily rate for every day, all the days of his life.

1Ch 1:1  Adam, Sheth, Enosh,
1Ch 29:30  With all his reign and his might, and the times that went over him, and over Israel, and over all the kingdoms of the countries.

2Ch 1:1  And Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the LORD his God was with him, and magnified him exceedingly.
2Ch 36:23  Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up.

Ezr 1:1  Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,
Ezr 10:44  All these had taken strange wives: and some of them had wives by whom they had children.

Neh 1:1  The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace,
Neh 13:31  And for the wood offering, at times appointed, and for the firstfruits. Remember me, O my God, for good.

Est 1:1  Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this is Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces:)
Est 10:3  For Mordecai the Jew was next unto king Ahasuerus, and great among the Jews, and accepted of the multitude of his brethren, seeking the wealth of his people, and speaking peace to all his seed.

Job 1:1  There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 42:17  So Job died, being old and full of days.

Psa 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 150:6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Pro 1:1  The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Pro 31:31  Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Ecc 1:1  The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
Ecc 12:14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Son 1:1  The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
Son 8:14  Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.

Isa 1:1  The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
Isa 66:24  And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Jer 1:1  The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:
Jer 52:34  And for his diet, there was a continual diet given him of the king of Babylon, every day a portion until the day of his death, all the days of his life.

Lam 1:1  How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!
Lam 5:22  But thou hast utterly rejected us; thou art very wroth against us.

Eze 1:1  Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.
Eze 48:35  It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.

Dan 1:1  In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
Dan 12:13  But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Hos 1:1  The word of the LORD that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
Hos 14:9  Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

Joe 1:1  The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel.
Joe 3:21  For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

Amo 1:1  The words of Amos, who was among the herdmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.
Amo 9:15  And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Oba 1:1  The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent among the heathen, Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.
Oba 1:21  And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.

Jon 1:1  Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
Jon 4:11  And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Mic 1:1  The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.
Mic 7:20  Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

Nah 1:1  The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkocrape.
Nah 3:19  There is no healing of thy bruise; thy wound is grievous: all that hear the bruit of thee shall clap the hands over thee: for upon whom hath not thy wickedness passed continually?

Hab 1:1  The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see.
Hab 3:19  The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Zep 1:1  The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.
Zep 3:20  At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Hag 1:1  In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,
Hag 2:23  In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the LORD, and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the LORD of hosts.

Zec 1:1  In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,
Zec 14:21  Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

Mal 1:1  The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.
Mal 4:6  And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Mat 1:1  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mat 28:20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 1:1  The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
Mar 16:20  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Luk 1:1  Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
Luk 24:53  And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Act 1:1  The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 28:31  Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Rom 1:1  Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom 16:27  To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1Co 1:1  Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
1Co 16:24  My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

2Co 1:1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2Co 13:14  The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Gal 1:1  Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
Gal 6:18  Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Eph 1:1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 6:24  Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Php 1:1  Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
Php 4:23  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Col 1:1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,
Col 4:18  The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.

1Th 1:1  Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:28  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

2Th 1:1  Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 3:18  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

1Ti 1:1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
1Ti 6:21  Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

2Ti 1:1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2Ti 4:22  The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

Tit 1:1  Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
Tit 3:15  All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.

Phm 1:1  Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,
Phm 1:25  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Heb 1:1  God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 13:25  Grace be with you all. Amen.

Jas 1:1  James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
Jas 5:20  Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1Pe 1:1  Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1Pe 5:14  Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

2Pe 1:1  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2Pe 3:18  But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

1Jn 1:1  That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jn 5:21  Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

2Jn 1:1  The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2Jn 1:13  The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

3Jn 1:1  The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
3Jn 1:14  But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

Jud 1:1  Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:25  To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 22:21  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: First and Last
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »

Interesting ML. I'll need to think on this a bit. Do you have something specific in mind?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:42:30 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:45:40 PM »

Hmm, a couple ideas for reading it.

Try reading:
Only every first verse of the books
Only every last verse of the books
In order, from top to bottom
Reverse order, from bottom to top

I am also interested what changes, when put in Chronological/correct order of these books.

Wanda

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 07:50:17 PM »

Interesting, that's how I started reading.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

ML

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »

Thanks Dennis. I am actually on Part 8 of the audio series now. I was wondering if someone could type that out in text, in Chronological order for me.

I'll give a cookie to anyone who will do this.

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 10:02:59 PM »

ML, if your talking about txt to the audios you will find  them here...

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,5815.0.html

ML

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »

I couldn't find it in the text of the audios, but am looking for something like this:

1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. ...

But, in the proper order as Ray mentioned how the KJV has them messed up.

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 10:52:48 PM »

I sent you a pm with a partial list. Let me know if it's what your looking for.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 03:27:56 AM »

The question asked, "Is there any significance here?"

Answer is NO.  Total waste of time.

Ask Jesus for His Spirit.  Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

ML

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 04:51:41 PM »

Hey JFK. Nice to meet you.

You are probably right here, but I feel as though God gave me this idea in the first place, and just waiting for the "right" time to ask.

I "think" there is some things here to look to, but most likely reading into things.

Galatians 5
25if we may live in the Spirit, in the Spirit also we may walk

Ephesians 1
17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

Romans 8
15for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, ‘Abba — Father.'

Wanda

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 07:05:23 PM »

ML, I believe many of us have had similar experiences. My most recent was persistant dreams, all about scriptures. I would wake all through the night, with a specific scripture in mind, but not enough to get up. In my dreams, that lasted almost four months, I was being given new understanding and would feel a sense of happiness and contentment. 

I would wake, and before opening my eyes the knowing was there, and once I sat up...POOF!

No memory of the scripture remained, and the dreams continued.

During these months I learned there was no way to force this, whatever it was that was happening, because I tried. I got tired and stressed from having my sleep interupted and got to a point I stopped asking God to reveal whatever it was. I told him I could wait on him and the dreams started to come less frequently. Shortly after,  many new understandings were opened up to me and the dreams stopped.

I can't explain the why of it, as no one can understand the mind of God. All I have to offer is this...Wait on God he will reveal it in his time and in his way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.