> Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship

The Women Chosen by God

<< < (6/6)

Prune Soleiado:
Hello Wanda 👋

I think it’s the same, but I may be wrong 🤗, please correct me if so:
In John 19:26-27 « When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. »,
the verb « saw » is in Aorist tense, which means it is a continuing/ongoing action (past, present, future), it shouldn’t be in the past tense but rather like « He is seing her » and it does not stop. Ray talked about this aorist tense and when you look closely at translations you can find it in very important part of the bible, especially the crucifixion. Very interesting. When Jesus says « Here », the original greek word is a verb in the aorist tense: ἰδού (idou) - Strong 2400 which means « here, LOOK ».
Jesus says the same thing as in Matthew: His mother and His disciple are standing there with Him, this is the only necessary thing, they are doing the will of God, they are the same family.
Same for «he took her.. », aorist verb: « he is taking her into his home », he keeps on doing it.
Most of the time if there is aorist verbs it refers to an action closely related to those that God’s choosen must do for His Will.
It is far more spiritual than just a proof of a stronger love He has for His terrestrial mother, which I’m sure was strong, as we all do and will.

Wanda:
Hi Michele

No, you're not wrong. I believe foremost, this was- about the expanding family of the Church,  that Jesus came to found and of which He is the Head.

He was providing for Mary in the physical sense,  but more importantly in the eternal. He was about to relinquish his roll as his mothers son to become her savior, providing much more for her in that capasiy than he ever could as the son.

If  providing for Mary had been his only priority,  he certainly would have made those arrangements prior to the actual Crucifixion.

And by giving Mary over to John and John to Mary,  they were now submitting to the will of the father, and becoming a new and expanding family.  Jesus could now declare to the father his will had been done.

Prune Soleiado:
Thank you Wanda for this inspired answer!
Be blessed in Christ ! 🙏

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version