bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Women Chosen by God  (Read 16828 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
The Women Chosen by God
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:28:08 PM »

The women chosen by God to be my mother,  is the only proof I need of his existence.

I felt inspired to say these words about the most humble person I know, my mama. She would be the female equivalent of Job IMO.

A life filled with loss and heartache,  with memories drifting away, now.  She's frail and helpless,  most of her days are spent lingering in wait, but we spent them together.

She has been true and steadfast in this life she was given,  always believed in the right and wrong of things and that you should always make the best of every situation.

She believed there was a Creator and in his son our Saviour, even though she never went to church. She always told her children God was with us all the time, even when we slept.  She thanked him everyday for another day of life. She counted every little thing a blessing, and lead by example.

How could I have ever known she would be the most significant instrument God would use,  to shape me for his calling.

Even though the time left us is short now. God has given us the blessing of these days spent together. Everyone a treasure,  to add to many unforgettable memories, that will comfort me.  I am even more blessed  to know she will only be sleeping while in Gods memory.  Otherwise the loss would be unbearable.

How do people survive this treacherous life without him I wonder.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: The Women Chosen by God
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »

May God Bless You and your mama Wanda, you are a very good daughter and one day,all of
our families will be together . Our Lord Reigns. I love you my friend😢❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

ML

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:51:10 PM »

I don't know why, but I feel I should give this:

Job 19
1And Job answereth and saith: —
2Till when do ye afflict my soul, And bruise me with words?
3These ten times ye put me to shame, ye blush not. Ye make yourselves strange to me —
4And also — truly, I have erred, With me doth my error remain.
5If, truly, over me ye magnify yourselves, And decide against me my reproach;
6Know now, that God turned me upside down, And His net against me hath set round,
7Lo, I cry out — violence, and am not answered, I cry aloud, and there is no judgment.
8My way He hedged up, and I pass not over, And on my paths darkness He placeth.
9Mine honour from off me He hath stripped, And He turneth the crown from my head.
10He breaketh me down round about, and I go, And removeth like a tree my hope.
11And He kindleth against me His anger, And reckoneth me to Him as His adversaries.
12Come in do His troops together, And they raise up against me their way, And encamp round about my tent.
13My brethren from me He hath put far off, And mine acquaintances surely Have been estranged from me.
14Ceased have my neighbours And my familiar friends have forgotten me,
15Sojourners of my house and my maids, For a stranger reckon me: An alien I have been in their eyes.
16To my servant I have called, And he doth not answer, With my mouth I make supplication to him.
17My spirit is strange to my wife, And my favours to the sons of my [mother's] womb.
18Also sucklings have despised me, I rise, and they speak against me.
19Abominate me do all the men of my counsel, And those I have loved, Have been turned against me.
20To my skin and to my flesh Cleaved hath my bone, And I deliver myself with the skin of my teeth.
21Pity me, pity me, ye my friends, For the hand of God hath stricken against me.
22Why do you pursue me as God? And with my flesh are not satisfied?
23Who doth grant now, That my words may be written? Who doth grant that in a book they may be graven?
24With a pen of iron and lead — For ever in a rock they may be hewn.
25That — I have known my Redeemer, The Living and the Last, For the dust he doth rise.
26And after my skin hath compassed this [body], Then from my flesh I see God:
27Whom I — I see on my side, And mine eyes have beheld, and not a stranger, Consumed have been my reins in my bosom.
28But ye say, ‘Why do we pursue after him?’ And the root of the matter hath been found in me.
29Be ye afraid because of the sword, For furious [are] the punishments of the sword, That ye may know that [there is] a judgment.

Blessings as well, Wanda. I can see God speaking in your words.

Wanda

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

Thanks for posting those scriptures ML, it made me think of something else about my mama's humble nature. She lost 5 of her 7 children, and never once questioned God. With every loss she would say it was his will. Not once did she wavior in her faith.

I love Job chapter 38,  God's total sovereignty in all things, straight from his words.

Job 38: 1 - 4

38 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 07:30:21 PM »

May God Bless You and your mama Wanda, you are a very good daughter and one day,all of
our families will be together . Our Lord Reigns. I love you my friend😢❤️

Thank you Pamela, I love you too💖

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »

My mama died almost two years ago.  She is greatly missed.

It is comforting to know the Scriptural truths about death and the resurrection of the dead and that Jesus is saving everyone.

yello62

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 08:53:00 PM »

my mother died 23 years ago.  she was a harsh task master.  only by the grace of God, did i come to see her as she truly was; a woman who loved her children very much, and sacrificed herself for their wellbeing. 

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 09:09:14 PM »

Two years already John. Time seems to pass so quickly. In the twinkling of an eye we will be
reunited . What an amazing gift we are going to receive, to see our loved ones again.
Praise His Holy Name , Jesus Christ our Dear ,Beautiful , Loving Saviour.

God Bless You John ❤️

ML those scriptures make me cry.

The last time I saw my mother, she whispered in my ear as I hugged her” I didn’t mean all the
things I said to you”, before she died. That meant that maybe she did love me afterall. I think
now that it was God’s way of teaching me to forgive her.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

yello62

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 09:37:48 PM »

i had cared for my mother during the illness that killed her.  i cared for her for nine years.  my mother had been a very “powerful” presence when healthy.  the circumstances of life, her own health, my father had early onset alzheimers, and the drugs used to treat her, caused her to deteriorate.  she was a difficult manage, but God provided throughout.

at the end, my mother was moved away to a facility in the bronx, new york area, an area near my oldest sister.

the circumstances that led to her moving were not “ideal”, and left me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.  i made the decision that when she was moved to new york, i would not see her again.   

well, The Father had something else in mind.  my mother had a stroke around the christmas holiday of 1994, and was mostly comatose from that point forward.  some time in april of 1995, i was sitting in my apartment when The Father put it on me that i needed to see her before she died.  i wept at the selfishness that i had exhibited in refusing to see her, called my oldest sister in new york to let her know i was coming out that weekend. 

the next day, a thursday, i told my boss i needed that friday off.  i was granted the day.  i got in my car thursday evening, and drove to new york.  unbeknownst to me, my sister visited my sister that thursday, and whispered in my mother’s ear, “mom, jay is coming out to see you.  he’ll be here saturday.”. my sister says there was no response from my mother when told i was visiting.

i got to new york friday night, and after brief conversation with my sister, i slept.  i woke early to get to the facility with time to spend with my mom.   

i made it to the facility, checked in as a visitor, and took the elevator to her floor. when the elevator doors opened, i could here my mother crying my name from her bed.  “JRR...”, “JRR...”. when i walked in her room, she was sobbing, in tears.  i gave her a hug and a kiss.  i apologized for not being there sooner.  we talked, i told her i loved her and appreciated all the sacrifices she had made for her kids.  not a one of us would be whowe are if not for her presence in our lives, and as tough as things were for us, it was all God’s doing for our good. 

we wept some more, and then i left. 

she lingered in a coma for a few more weeks, passing into rest june 13th, 1995.

my mother was one hell of a presence.  her life, and the life of my physical father, are big parts of how i know that God is the placer of all things.  all things, whether we see them as good or bad, are His to give for the fulfillment of His declared word.

Wanda

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »

Thank God for his mercy. Pamela I believe your mother loved you and one day you will truly believe it, and understand the why of it all.

Tony, I'm sure you've thanked God many times for giving you a different ending.

I remember a song that came out in 1989, the year my brother killed himself. The Living Years, by Mike and the Mechanics. Every generation blames the one before. If many only knew the things someone else has suffered there would be much more forgiveness I think.

If only we really could walk a mile in someone else's shoes.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:41:15 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 10:23:43 PM »

My mama died almost two years ago.  She is greatly missed.

It is comforting to know the Scriptural truths about death and the resurrection of the dead and that Jesus is saving everyone.

Amen John

yello62

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 11:58:20 PM »

i am thankful for all the He gives, this is truth.

elkheart

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 03:07:47 AM »

Hi Wanda
Your mother was a great blessing for you. How amazing life can be even when it is filled with many sorrows and sadness and trials,yet with so much tender feelings and love that cradles a heart. One never can tell what kind of Mother one will be raised by.But then God does and that is what is really wondrous about life.God is the potter,He fashions us as He wills.Life is only beginning to.

My brother is having a very strange thing going on in his life right now.I wanted to tell someone.I thought of you. His name is mark,his wife left him,he thinks it was his wifes ex husband,a Mormon that engineered the whole thing.However Mark has been dominating her with his brand of bible truth.He is very embittered by his experience of black people in the Army that he had to live with.Racial problems when he was in Germany,in the sixties. He never got over it,never could forgive.So I think she got tired of hearing about it everyday for the last twenty years they have been together.Now he is having some serious problems that he described to me today. He goes to AA meetings.yet people are saying to him that he goes into the store and buys gin and he says he doesn't.The teller insist he is.He went to the doctor and he said he could be sleep driving????like sleep walking.Or blacking out from drinking to much.He hasn't had any hangovers he says. I suspect it is either mental illness,or God perhaps putting him through this to humble him,sort of like what happened to Nebuchadnezer in the book of Daniel,so that he would know who is really God.and who is sovereign over all His creation.Mark believes white people are the chosen, priveledged race,and that black people are the useless race.he also hates jews and any that are not white.Its stunning what gets in peoples minds.I don't know,very troubling.

If the offer to call you is still open,I would like to.let me know what would be a good time to call if it is.

elkheart

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 05:18:23 AM »

The destiny of women: https://youtu.be/eTbignrcPZ0

Doug

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »

Hi Wanda,

It truly is sad to see a parent suffer and then to lose a parent. As you know I lost my mom a little over a year ago and then my dad just last month. The sadness tends to come in waves and can even come at night when sleeping. God's knowledge and plan will see us thru, well put by John.

Everyone's comments here are touching. It does make us yearn for Christ return.

Doug

Wanda

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »

The destiny of women: https://youtu.be/eTbignrcPZ0

This is one of Ray's teachings that impressed me greatly.  because I had never heard a theologian speak on this subject before.

Ray never left any of the important leasons of lifes truths untouched.

Thanks Dennis

Wanda

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »

Hi Wanda,

It truly is sad to see a parent suffer and then to lose a parent. As you know I lost my mom a little over a year ago and then my dad just last month. The sadness tends to come in waves and can even come at night when sleeping. God's knowledge and plan will see us thru, well put by John.

Everyone's comments here are touching. It does make us yearn for Christ return.

Doug

Doug, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm right there yearning with you.

Wanda

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »

Hi Wanda
Your mother was a great blessing for you. How amazing life can be even when it is filled with many sorrows and sadness and trials,yet with so much tender feelings and love that cradles a heart. One never can tell what kind of Mother one will be raised by.But then God does and that is what is really wondrous about life.God is the potter,He fashions us as He wills.Life is only beginning to.
elkheart

I agree elkheart. I wasn't so blessed with the father he chose, but it had the best possible outcome.

I'm sorry about your brother I know his pain is your pain.  we all have to experience being humbled,  it's the only way.

Wanda

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 08:02:11 PM »

From Ray's study on the Destiny of Women.

What about the virtuous woman? Okay, what has God got in store for her? 

Pro 31:1  The words of King Lemuel, the prophecy which his mother taught him.

It’s interesting that it says, “his mother taught him.”  this is not a man telling other men, here’s what you look for in a good woman. Lempel's ‘mother’ said, here’s what you look for in a good woman, a wife, you see. 

My mama's name is Jewel ☺

Pro 31:10  Who can find a woman of virtue? For her value is far above rubies.

Rubies are worth more than diamonds, you know.

ML

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »

Hope you like this one:

Psalm 71

1In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
2Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
3Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
4Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
5For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.
6By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee.
7I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge.
8Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.
9Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.
10For mine enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together,
11Saying, God hath forsaken him: persecute and take him; for there is none to deliver him.
12O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help.
13Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt.
14But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
15My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
16I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
17O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
18Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
19Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!
20Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
21Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
22I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
23My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.
24My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.