> Introductions, Announcements, and More of Ray's Teachings

Greetings

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dave in Tenn:

--- Quote from: Al on August 18, 2018, 05:25:03 PM ---Thanks, Dave.

That makes sense. I wondered about that phrase "Mystery of lawlessness" .  Lawlessness is pretty obvious - we see it every day and everywhere. All you have to do is turn the news on.  So how can lawlessness be a mystery or a secret unless it appears as something else? - lawlessness that appears as righteousness!! And the words of Jesus just hit me:  Luke 11:35 (NKJV)  Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.

I think that is exactly what the religious system is all about - that is what I was/am - the mystery of lawlessness - darkness that appears as light that is within me.

--- End quote ---

Amen.

Musterseed:
Welcome to BT Al and may God Bless You
Pamela

Al:
Thank you Pamela.

Dave in Tenn:
Just a side note:. I think I have about 8 or 10 translations on esword, ranging from thought-to-thought semi-paraphrases to "literal".  The former invariably got it wrong, and the latter were so wonky that they barely made sense in English. 

It's as if the translators themselves can't see the truth of this scripture within "believers" so they don't know how to translate. 

Paul saw it, though.  That's why he could "boast" of his religious credentials--including his blamelessness according to the law--yet know he was chief of sinners--at the same time.

yello62:
welcome, al.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version