bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did God Ever Experience Anything Bad?  (Read 8234 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Did God Ever Experience Anything Bad?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »

Hi Bob, I wanted to address a couple of your thoughts.

Also, I don't believe that we are "worthy" of God's attention

And yet you say -

Yes, it is apparent from scripture that God desires to be surrounded by beings upon whom God can devote God's love and with whom God can communicate. God does desire to share, in genuine love, all that God's power and wisdom can produce and God did develop a plan to do exactly that, but...

I'm seeing a bit of contradictory thought in these two statements  If God did not feel us worthy of his attention why would he desire to share anything with us?

I can't believe it's only because he wants people to  worship him, considering his very purpose was to create us in his image,  and bring All into a family unit, yes he wants a family. Our worship of him is a result of his  first.loving us.

1 John 4:19

“We love him, because he first loved us.”

Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but as a parent myself,  I believe that his desire and purpose for mankind is more about love than gaining worshipers.

He must have thought we were worthy, why else would he have died so that we could live?

John 3:16  (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:34:12 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

yello62

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 11:37:21 PM »

if i may opine on our worthiness of the things that God has given.  our worthiness is derived.  it is derived from God, and the value He has placed on us was the death of His beloved Son through crucifixion.  when i came to understand that, that  whole "i'm not worthy" mess went out the door.  don't misunderstand me, i recognize my weakness, but if actions of The One that declared the universe show that He values me, and us, who am i to deny Him?

ML

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 01:55:42 AM »

NIV Matthew 10
29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Psalm 139
13For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Seems to me we are worthy in God's sight. Not of any works of ourselves of course. Look how wonderful He makes everyone!

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 03:38:34 AM »

Good evening members,
I appreciate all the contributions we each have made from our sincere understanding of our inner hearts.
Thank you for sharing.
Kindly, Indiana bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.