bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gehenna Fire  (Read 4691 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Gehenna Fire
« on: August 22, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »

From the LOF series
“ Listen, to judge is to set things right.Men can only make feeble attempts at doing this properly, but I assure you, when God Almighty sets His hand to set things right, they WILL BE SET RIGHT.
Just as God has brought many of us to our knees for the sins we have committed, so will God
bring this whole world to its knees. It will be emotionally traumatic and painful, but it will be a good thing. Men will be forced to look at themselves with open spiritual eyes and they will HATE
what they see. They will eventually desire with their own heart to be cleansed and rid of all these carnal ways.
And so Gehenna Fire has nothing to do with eternal torture but rather with eonian chastisement
and judgement for the House of God’s Elect now and for those who obey not the gospel of God,
In the judgement of Gehenna/ Lake of Fire , later.

“I understand how severe the trials and tribulations of life can be, but take heart, the purging fire of Gehenna is not for naught.”  Ray"....................caps are Ray’s.

I am now beginning to realize how this fire works.
Ray,,” Jesus uses the example of our eyes, hands, feet, instruments of offence all cut off in Gehenna Fire, Spiritually.”

This teaching is mostly about the tongue but the whole body has to be cast into the fire.
This judgement is really hard but I only have to live until I die. Thank God for His mercy
and goodness . I deserve none of it.

2 Peter 3:5-7
But by His Word, the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgement and destruction of ungodly men.

Rev. 20:15 & 21:8

The Gehenna Fire, Eonian Fire And Lake of Fire are all the judgement of God.These fires are all
the same ONE fire that comes from the same ONE GOD and our ONE GOD is a consuming fire.

Many of you probably know all this but for me it was a new realization about judgement and how it all works,we at BT are very blessed . These are perilous times indeed. It’s tiring sometimes but
Our Saviour Jesus Christ will rescue us. I pray we will all endure and overcome.

John 16:33
I have told you these things , so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Grief will turn to joy. All my love . Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: Gehenna Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »

And from LOF lll

Beloved, think it NOT STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some STRANGE thing happened unto you" (I Pet. 4:12).

Peter makes it sound as though going through fiery trails is the norm rather than the exception. The New Testament is filled with the fiery trials of the Saints.

Now I hope that none will be offended at my next few statements, but if so, so be it. Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!

That's a lot to burn out, but more love than we can ever imagine is behind it all.~♡~
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:07:47 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »

Thank you for refreshing my memory by posting this, especially but not exclusively:

"Listen, to judge is to set things right.Men can only make feeble attempts at doing this properly, but I assure you, when God Almighty sets His hand to set things right, they WILL BE SET RIGHT."

God is setting things right and as Wanda posted, burning away everything that is not from Him.

It is a humbling experience and the hardest thing I've ever and will ever have to go through.  Being His child is not easy.....but so worth it!

Oh the riches and glory of the wisdom and knowledge of God, His ways are past finding out!

Heidi
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:24:52 PM by Heidi »
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Rick Longva

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:43:49 AM »

Not only does Peter make it sound like the norm, James has something to say as well:

All joy deem it, my brethren, whenever you should be falling into various trials,
 3 knowing that the testing of your faith is producing endurance.
 4 Now let endurance have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and unimpaired, lacking in nothing.

Boy do I have a long way to go...........

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:23:00 PM »

“ and the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity “. So is the tongue among our members,
that it defiles the whole body,and sets on fire the course of nature; and it( the tongue)
is set on fire of hell(GK. Gehenna).

It is the “words” that are spoken by the tongue that will come into judgement.

Matt 15:18:20
But those things that proceed out of the mouth,come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders,adulteries,fornication,, thefts,false witness,
blasphesimes; these are things which defile the man.

Matt 12:36
But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account
thereof in the day of judgement.

Matt12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance
of the heart the mouth speaks.

Jer 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

Ray,,,,,” The apostle James proves all that Jesus said with regards to Gehenna hell fire.
How is the tongue set on fire by Gehenna? The answer is found in the whole chapter starting
with vs.1.

James 3:3
A literal very small bit in a horses mouth can turn the whole body of the beast with
very little effort.

Ray,,,”And James informs us that no one can tame this little monster called the tongue, for if he
could than he would be a perfect man and able to bridle ( control) the whole body

1Corth.13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have Love, I am only
a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Peter 2:15
For it is God’s will that by doing good ,you shall silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.

I want to do good and silence the talk of foolish people.😃
All my love

In Christ.   Pamela

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »

So hard to stay silent when hearing world’s people talking, whatever they’re talking about, foolishness, absurdity, anguished for no reason for they don’t know God’s Peace in Jesus.
Well that’s part of my lesson for patience 😉 And weirdly it brings more love (agapeo) day after day for them, it wipes away all judgment about them, for I know it is by God’s Grace I’m no more in their position, for I was exactly like them before and had the very same treasures in my heart as they have now.
Thanks God in Jesus for giving patience, love and strength 🙏

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »

Amen Michelle
It’s cuts me to the core to hear the blasphemous slander of our Our Lord . Breaks my heart
into a million pieces.

1Peter13-14
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in
ignorance.15- But just as He who called you is Holy, so be Holy in all you do;
for it is written “ be Holy,  because I am Holy.”

I am nothing without Him, a heap of dried clay blown away with the slightest breeze.
Yes Thank God , for everything.
Come Lord Jesus, Thy Will Be Done.

ML

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 06:58:43 PM »

CEV Zephaniah 3
17The Lord your God
wins victory after victory
and is always with you.
He celebrates and sings
because of you,
and he will refresh your life
with his love.

KJV
17The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

YLT
17 Jehovah thy God [is] in thy midst, A mighty one doth save, He rejoiceth over thee with joy, He doth work in His love, He joyeth over thee with singing.

YLT Micah 7
8Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.
9The indignation of Jehovah I do bear, For I have sinned against Him, Till that He doth plead my cause, And hath executed my judgment, He doth bring me forth to the light, I look on His righteousness.

ML

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 07:16:51 PM »

It’s cuts me to the core to hear the blasphemous slander of our Our Lord . Breaks my heart
into a million pieces.
1 Peter 4
1Christ, then, having suffered for us in the flesh, ye also with the same mind arm yourselves, because he who did suffer in the flesh hath done with sin,
2no more in the desires of men, but in the will of God, to live the rest of the time in the flesh;
3for sufficient to us [is] the past time of life the will of the nations to have wrought, having walked in lasciviousnesses, desires, excesses of wines, revellings, drinking-bouts, and unlawful idolatries,
4in which they think it strange — your not running with them to the same excess of dissoluteness, speaking evil
14if ye be reproached in the name of Christ — happy [are ye], because the Spirit of glory and of God upon you doth rest; in regard, indeed, to them, he is evil-spoken of, and in regard to you, he is glorified

🙂

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »

Ah, ML, Thankyou very much for the joyful scriptures. They indeed lift me up.

I am so thankful for our BT family.

God Bless You ML.❤️  In Christ Pamela

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 10:35:54 PM »

So hard to stay silent when hearing world’s people talking, whatever they’re talking about, foolishness, absurdity, anguished for no reason for they don’t know God’s Peace in Jesus.

Peoples tongues are out of control today, they pretty much say any stupid and hurtful thing they think of. I mean really,  maybe  we  need a muzzel law

want to do good and silence the talk of foolish people. 

Try this, it's my daily prayer.

Psalm 141:3 “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!”

That's kind of like a muzzel. :)

Thanks for the great scriptures ML!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:42:07 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

ML

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »

God Bless Wanda and Pamela ❤️

Peoples toungs are out of control today, they pretty much say any stupid and hurtful thing they think of. I mean really,  maybe  we  need a muzzel law😝
How about one of those shock collars? They speak evil and it zaps them? 🙃

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 07:51:10 AM »

ML, I think the « zapping » thing will come at the judgement 🤯
Thank you for those different versions of Zephaniah, pretty interesting!

It’s a weird feeling though when facing the world’s evil: at first it brings anger in my heart, quickly replaced, by God’s Grace, with Love and Hope that it will disappear and change into a joyful gathering of hearts praising Our Father in Christ 🙌 then comes Peace.

Php 1:27-29:  «Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,
 and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. 
For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake »

Wanda

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 02:21:16 PM »

How about one of those shock collars? They speak evil and it zaps them? 

Much better solution. Good thing we're not in control ML. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:50:25 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »

Being in the world and no part of it is a most peculiar thing. Sometimes it's like a flood light shining on every single disgusting thing, and its painfull, like a barrage of empty noise.

One day I was thinking about that empty noise, and decided to see what I could find on the subject. This is what I found...

In physics, empty containers create louder noises than filled ones. If you take two empty glasses, fill one up with water, and then blow into both glasses, you’ll find that the empty glass creates a louder noise than the filled one. That’s because the air column (i.e. the empty space) allows sound waves to pass through and bounce off the sides of the glass, which creates an amplified vibration.

What came to me, was how loud and noisy evil is. It's in your face all the time, noisy  with the vain utterances of those empty  in Christ.

They have an emptiness in their lives, hearts, minds and spirit.  I know what that feels like.

Without the fullness of what God has placed within us we are just EMPTY VESSELS.

What a contrast there is between the noise of evil, verses the gentle quiet of the spirit of God,.

Jesus described himself as gentle

"I am gentle and humble in heart" (Matthew 11:29).

And the apostles often reminded the early church of Jesus' gentleness:

"By the meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you" (2 Corinthians 10:1).

We are all blessed to have the  gentle and quiet spirit of our Lord to guide us, giving our lives purpose and meaning, in this most difficult journey.

May the Lord of gentle spirit guide us in his perfect ways.~♡~

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:51:04 PM by Wanda »

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 06:49:24 PM »

Yes, Wanda, what a noisy world! Great thought you shared 🤩

Ecc 7:6 : « Like the crackling of thorns under the pot, so is the laughter of fools. This too is meaningless. »

ML

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 07:30:11 PM »

1 Timothy 2
2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Isaiah 32
18And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places

Psalm 35
20For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.

James 3
17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Romans 3
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17And the way of peace have they not known:

Romans 8
6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

3 John 1
11Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Matthew 5
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Also, just thinking of another parable. Have you looked at the wind blowing everything else? Things easily blown, like the sea and plants, are easily moved. But, if you are firmly planted in the ground, you remain unmoved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.