bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone know what happened to.....  (Read 4142 times)

Heidi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Does anyone know what happened to.....
« on: August 26, 2018, 03:50:20 AM »

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Maharrell08, Musicman and Arcturus?
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Does anyone know what happened to.....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »

Heidi, even if we know, it's not the practice of the moderators to post about members' status. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 02:56:34 PM »

Hi guys,
Heidi

This current forum has been in existence for about 12 years. Since that time, many members have come and gone. Most of them for their own personal reasons. On very rare occasions, we have had to ban a member from posting, and even on the rarest occasion, we have had to remove a membership.

Past members could fall into any of the categories I mentioned above.   

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:09:02 PM by Rene »

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 07:20:13 PM »

Hi guys,
Heidi

= = =
Heidi,
I was thinking that what would be interesting would be another web site like Facebook, just for people who like to debate sometimes on certain limited subjects without using their "Facebook" names and involving other friends or relatives.
A place in which one could delete their email address and remain anonymous if the conversation got too feisty. We can have more than one email address... ::)

If such a place existed I would meet you there and we could be our own moderators without risking
misleading anyone's beliefs or hurt feelings. If you got tired of me you could just block me, etc. etc.

Indiana Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 04:08:28 PM »

Hi guys,
Heidi

= = =
Heidi,
I was thinking that what would be interesting would be another web site like Facebook, just for people who like to debate sometimes on certain limited subjects without using their "Facebook" names and involving other friends or relatives.
A place in which one could delete their email address and remain anonymous if the conversation got too feisty. We can have more than one email address... ::)

If such a place existed I would meet you there and we could be our own moderators without risking
misleading anyone's beliefs
or hurt feelings. If you got tired of me you could just block me, etc. etc.

Indiana Bob

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

In the first instance of this forum many years ago (which was hosted by another company that lost everything) I tried having a place where anyone could say anything. It didn't take long before there was a lot of criticism, name calling, church teachings, etc. and I pulled the plug.

Obviously anyone is free to go anywhere they want. But our moderators will continue as always to avoid confusion.

So how it is possible to not "risk misleading anyone's beliefs" unless they believe exactly as you do Bob?

seaofglass

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »

I don't get involved very often but my humble fee back is:

Keep the forum as is and don't deviate. Basically "Protect the Brand".

It's the best landing site in town.  This is where God DRAGGED me and i mean dragged, so keep it as is. This is where i saw the beast after years and years of going to and fro.

If and or when God decides to bring the chosen together it will happen.  At His appointed time.

Ben-Elyon

ML

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 07:43:01 PM »

Eph 4:1  Call upon you, then, do I—the prisoner of the Lord—to walk worthily of the calling with which ye were called, 
Eph 4:2  with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love, 
Eph 4:3  being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of the peace; 
Eph 4:4  one body and one Spirit, according as also ye were called in one hope of your calling; 
Eph 4:5  one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 
Eph 4:6  one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in you all, 
Eph 4:7  and to each one of you was given the grace, according to the measure of the gift of Christ

May He give us all the strength to be one body.

yello62

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »

i for one appreciate the forum rules, and the work the moderaters do at keeping things tidy and in order.  i dropped off of facebook and most other social media because of the confusion that permeates the space.

as for meeting people, or getting to know them on a more personal level, there is always the mechanism of sending a private message.  the onus is then on the receiver of that message to respond, or not.

unless that too is prohibited.  if so, i’m sure there is a reason for it.

my two cents.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 12:40:10 AM »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your answer.
I agree that this forum should be moderated just as it is. It has worked well for 12 years.  :)

I was thinking about the people who meet here who truly appreciate what you have provided for our edification and who MAY like to pursue other areas of Bible study just between the two or three of them and with the safety of being able to do it without risk of abuse by a crackpot.

I do some of this on Facebook and don't risk anything, so far, because I don't put up any personal stuff that another person could use against me or my family. It is mostly just my biased opinions on religion or politics and I don't mind if the others don't agree. It is fun and stimulates me to study in areas that had not come to mind in my own experience.  I have learned a lot just studying to prove that the other fellow was wrong according to scripture and just as often that it was me that had accepted error.

There was a fellow on your site with whom I shared my home email who turned out to be a "flat earth" believer and we have since parted company without any issues. But I don't have any personal stuff on my home email either and Google knows everything already. (smile) :o

The main reason I mentioned another safe site being desirable is that exploring the many areas that Ray Smith didn't have time to write about could be enlightening for many of us. And this becomes apparent when the Mods have to caution a member or guest to stay on point in their responses.

Thanks for your welcome explanation. Bob

= = =
Heidi,

misleading anyone's beliefs
or hurt feelings. If you got tired of me you could just block me, etc. etc.

Indiana Bob
[/quote]

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

In the first instance of this forum many years ago (which was hosted by another company that lost everything) I tried having a place where anyone could say anything. It didn't take long before there was a lot of criticism, name calling, church teachings, etc. and I pulled the plug.

Obviously anyone is free to go anywhere they want. But our moderators will continue as always to avoid confusion.

So how it is possible to not "risk misleading anyone's beliefs" unless they believe exactly as you do Bob?
[/quote]

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:33:23 AM »

who MAY like to pursue other areas of Bible study just between the two or three of them and with the safety of being able to do it without risk of abuse by a crackpot.

A "crackpot" would not concern me Bob, they'd be easy to discern. But these would concern me:

Isa 30:10  Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Rom 16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Rom 16:18  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Like it or not, someone will have to moderate.

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »

I've been sick, so only now been back to check my post.  Thanks for the replies, I did not intend for it to be a contentious point. I apologise and did not mean to offend anyone.  I appreciate the forum and the value of having moderators. I only had fond memories of a few (now no longer) members and was purely inquisitive.  I pray that God keep them safe in whatever journey they are on. That was all.
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.