bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding peace.  (Read 5595 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Finding peace.
« on: September 12, 2018, 01:55:37 AM »

Sometimes I open my bible trying to find something. Direction, comfort, wisdom .  Even after all this time I sometimes go away empty handed ( empty hearted). Tonight when I really need it is one of those nights. There are so many promises but I don't know how to walk in them.
 Peace does not want to come .  Joy is a concept to me and not a fruit of His Spirit. My children are in trouble and God is so quiet.  If you want to, pray for my children who all are struggling with different things.
 I've put this under General Discussion, so please tell me where you go, what you pray and read and believe when you are where I am.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Finding peace.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 10:52:27 AM »

I'm very sorry and I understand. It's much harder when these things happen to our children than to us.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »

Octoberrose, my heart feels for you.
I can hear Ray’s words when these days of sorrow come.” Getting saved is the hardest
thing you will ever go through in this lifetime, are you hearing me” I knew I would suffer but I did not take into account that I would also watch my children suffer.I had no idea and they have suffered terrible things. I realized I could not save them as I always tried in the past. I prayed for God to take them. To lift this burden. I begged Him . God taught me that my children are His .
He is their Saviour , not me. I can love my children , support them in their trials, be a loving parent. As much as I tried to help the more I saw their blindness. It’s heartbreaking and seems to never end. But someday it will.
Psalm 24:5
They will receive Blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Saviour.
Psalm 25 is soothing for the soul., I will pray for your family. One day , all families will be Blessed
Imagine that. ❤️   In Christ,,, Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

yello62

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »

to piggyback off what pamela has written;

i don't have children, so i don't know the pain of watching them go through difficulties.  i do, however, know the pain of watching someone you love go through difficulty, and have had a fair amount of it in my own lifetime.  my father got early onset alzheimers, in his mid-50s.  it was a deeply painful experience for me that caused me to doubt the existence of God.  i was a teenager at the time, and had many things placed on me as a result.  i reacted badly, and started doing very bad things to myself.  drugs, alcohol, and many, many other things.  all of those things were used by The Father to eventually bring me where He wanted me.  all of them were placed in my life by Him for Him to accomplish His will in my life.  very, very painful.  very, very difficult, but ultimately they are tools in the hands of The Father, and He will use those experiences for good.  if there is any consolation i may offer, it would be that.  i have been brought to a place where even in deep difficulty, and i am currently in very difficult times, i may well not survive my current health crisis.  but i have confidence that this, and everything that has come into my life, has its purpose in the hands of our loving Creator, who will show Himself powerful in our pain.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 04:42:20 PM »

Octoberose,

I know your pain. My oldest son was a fighter pilot in the Iraq war, and he was there in that horror for eighteen long months. Everday was worse than the day before, always expecting the men in uniforms to come knocking on my door. I was tortured by what he was doing to others and certain God would show no mercy as a result.

We both survived, and I couldn't have known then, but having gone through that experience I was being given the strength for all to come after. I know without a doubt he is with you at this time, even if you can't feel it, and something good will come of this, and when the time is right it will be made known to you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »

Hi octoberose,

May God give you peace.

A Scripture says, "Don't worry about anything."

Jesus said not to worry because we cannot change one of our hairs black or white.

Jesus also said even little birds do not fall to the ground without the Father's permission.

Last April I stared death in it's ugly face.

My 30 year old baby boy is having an operation in a couple of weeks.

I'm just a dumb country boy.  I believe what God says.  What He wills, will be.  In all our futures, there will be nothing but the broad, sunlit uplands of life.  Don't know anything else to say or do.

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 04:56:31 PM »

I wanted to add this scripture, because it's one that reminds and assures me God is always working things for our good.

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »

Your responses are so kind and so loving .  And you are of course right about our God being sovereign in our lives and our children's lives.  Thank you for sharing your concerns and I will be praying for JKF's son and yello62's health. 
 I'm going to go read Psalms 24,25. Thank you Pamela. 
 I keep thinking about waiting on the Lord- what that looks like  and what that means.  I think it must be an active waiting. Actively giving to God our concerns, actively asking for His will to be written on our hearts, and for His ways to be our ways.  Maybe it's just surrender - maybe it's peace. 
 I was listening to the tv a week or so ago and someone was on I usually don't pay any attention to.  It was Roseanne Barr. She said something so startling I even wrote it down. This is what she said, " What God puts before me I do- I don't try to argue or win- I just do what's in front of me. "   Wow.   Maybe this is just what is front of me to do right now, and God is letting me learn and grow in faith by being a part of it.   The hard part is the fear- but perfect love (His, not mine) casts out fear .
 I need to pray more consistently about our whole Truths community. I realized that as I read your replies and I wish I could hug you and hold your hands and we could pray together in person. 

Oh, and I never heard Ray's talk on agape and philio (sp?)  love before.  Thank you for mentioning it a few days ago.

virginiabm

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 07:43:59 AM »

Dear Octoberose, I feel your pain and fear of the things you are experiencing in your life concerning your children, I am right there with you. It seem like every trail we go through is conerning our children or loved ones. My son is a lineman and he is on storm trouble right now with this hurricane headed our way. I have two of his children in our home, because of a lie his 16 year old daughter told on him, then the last court date she told the DSS that she lied on her daddy, but they still want let him have his children back in the home yet. They said it is a process to get them back. Now his children can't be all together during this storm with their mother. We only can find peace through our Lord and saviour, knowing He will work it out.
I know how hard this is and so does everyone else.
I pray for your peace of mind and that God will lift the burden from your heart and give you a peace that surpasses all understanding. May God bless you through your trials.

Your sister in Christ,
Virginia

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »

Octoberrose:

Something that God has been recently teaching me is to get alone with Him, and to thank Him for various trials in my life, and to praise Him. This is challenging to learn, as the "natural man" likes to do the opposite (1 Corinthians 2:14). However, doing this brings joy, and many times God will bring a blessing as a result. Here are a couple of verses and a chapter for reference on this topic.

1) "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;" (Ephesians 5:20).

2) "For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God" (2 Corinthians 4:15).

3) Psalm 107. This psalm speaks continually of God's "wonderful works", and "oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness...", and for those wonderful works. As an example, verse 24 says, "These (God's Elect) see the works of the Lord, and his WONDERS in THE DEEP" (my emphasis). Verse 23 is similar to verse 24. Compare spiritual with spiritual throughout this whole chapter; "judgment begins at the house of God" (1 Peter 4:17).

Again, I am learning that sincerely thanking God for trials takes plenty of practice, like a child learning to ride a bike. May God teach us these "wonderful works" of the Lord!

God comfort you, Octoberrose (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).  :)

Dean

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »

Thank you Dean, your words touched my heart, because of my own experience in learning this important truth.

ML

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 12:35:41 AM »

Matthew 14
27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Phillipians 4
4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice;
5let your forbearance be known to all men; the Lord [is] near;
6for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God;
7and the peace of God, that is surpassing all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

If He speaks to you, do not be afraid. He will give you peace, and joy, and all of His fruits, and will answer you. But, lean and wait on Him for understanding, as God has all your needs, with the wisdom to give it.

Rocco

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 05:08:29 AM »

This helps me, I have to meditate on it often.

For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. 2 Cor 4:17-18 NLT

A thought hit me the other day about Jesus praying in the garden before his arrest and crucifixion, he was alone and the disciples were all sleeping, so the only way we even know about this is obvious that Jesus told the disciples about it after the resurrection, thats amazing to me because he admitted that even he didn't want to face the suffering headed his way and diligently asked  his (our) father if he could find another way, Our father said no, Jesus obeyed  and three days later death was swallowed up in victory.

octoberose

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 01:30:24 AM »

Such wisdom. Rocco, that gave me chills.
 Thank Him.  I feel a little like a fraud doing that but it's exactly what He says to do .
  All this takes walking in faith.  I hear atheists say if God can heal you then why does he never grow back  the amputated leg or arm ? And they sit back like they've got you.  And all I can say to that is if God were to do such a thing He would be robbing us of walking in faith, because then the faith would be sight and no faith would be needed at all.
 Do you ever think our little family here has more then it's share of sadness and trials ? It's to be expected though isn't it?

Rocco

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 04:37:50 AM »

I know trials and tribulations are inevitable and necessary, but we have the promise(s) of or Lord to see us through and cause us to stand

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world John 16:33

I live in crazy California with my wife, two adult children and my granddaughter, One day a time is our motto around here. When I start to have fear about the future I remember what Jesus said
“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

waterfall77

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 05:53:14 PM »

I agree with Dean when he said get alone with Jesus. I also agree with Pamela about getting saved is the hardest thing you will do, theres an audio of Ray teaching on that.  I'm married and have three young children, so getting alone time in prayer is not easy , I talk to Jesus through out day but there is something different about alone time. when I'm alone in prayer I rest in his arms and feel his overwhelming  love and peace and I'm refreshed and strengthened to keep on going in this walk. That includes giving me peace about my family and others in my life. Knowing he is in control. It is painful when your going through hard times.

lauriellen

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »

Some things I have learned by experience lately:

Words are cheap and easy, they don’t bring much comfort. A hug or helping hand is priceless.
If your waiting for God to swoop down and fix your problems or lighten your burden, you may have a long wait. I’m sure he hears every prayer, but don’t expect things to go like you think they should.
Our idea of love, mercy and fatherhood/family are much different (obviously) than God’s. You must give up that picture in your head of how you think things are supposed to be.
I can believe all of God’s words and promises with my head and still not feel it (nor does it make sense) to my heart.
The Roseanne Barr quote is spot on. I may make my own plans, but most days what is before me is very different, so I have to go with it and say I guess we’re doing this today.
It’s much easier for people who’s lives are not so bad to say “don’t worry” and “count your blessings not your troubles “. 

I am so sorry for all of our troubles. I would certainly fix all of them if I had the power to do so. I could say a prayer but I don’t think it would change much. I hope it helps to know that many suffer along with you and are hoping for relief, help and comfort for you. Of course, it is all up to God.

yello62

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 03:00:03 AM »

lauriellen, i would say, count it all joy when you fall into diverse trials, as it is God perfecting us.  suffering is never easy, never, but within that God prepares us, brings Christ out of us.  that refiner’s fire is a real thing, and it ain’t an easy process to go through.  in the 35 plus years since i was granted awareness by The Father, i have had two that were not overwhelmingly difficult.  when i say overwhelmingly difficult, i mean trouble on all sides.  i am currently fifteen years into something that just continues to get worse in the impact it has on my life.  i have stated before, i may not survive my current health issues.  am i jumping up for joy at this difficulty?  heckee no, and not only because i can’t jump any more, as it is that i can barely walk anymore, but because it is hella hard.

what keeps me going is the understanding and firm belief that what God has declared will come to pass. i do agree that we should not expect things to go as we expect them.  that is the point; this is not about us, not even a little bit.  this ia about The Father and His Christ.  we are theirs, and they do with us as they see fit.  as paul says, who are you, oh clay, to tell the potter what kind of vessel he is making?  it is sufficient, at least for me it is, to know that all my experiences, those that i consider good, and those i consider not so good, are part of the potter’s work.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:19:23 PM by yello62 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.