bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 325096 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
End Time Prophecies
« on: September 26, 2018, 12:56:43 PM »

I'd like to start a list of end time Prophecies/scriptures? King James first and other versions following if needed.

NO POLITICAL COMMENTS, please. You are always free to PM others.

And no lengthy lists, please. Example: "Floods" included with verses on other topics means the thread would become cluttered. One post about floods would leave a lot of room for comments and YouTube videos just about floods around the world.

Example that is not an outright Prophecy but where political comments would be tempting.

Isa 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Concordant:
Isa 5:20  Woe to those saying for evil, good, and for good, evil, placing darkness for light and light for darkness, placing bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

Saying the above could apply to normalizing homosexuality throughout the world is a reasonable comment. But including comments about a person or a political party, etc. is out of bounds.

I'd like to use the list and compare it to current world events.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:18:15 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: End Time Proficiencies
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »

Isa 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Concordant:
Isa 5:20  Woe to those saying for evil, good, and for good, evil, placing darkness for light and light for darkness, placing bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

This could apply to normalizing homosexuality throughout the world

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:20:59 PM »

Great idea Dennis

KJV Dan.12:4
But thou O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book even to the time of the end, many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

YLT- And Thou O Daniel, hide the things and seal the book till the time of the end many do
go to and fro and knowledge Is multiplied.

Knowledge is increasing especially in science and nature.🤓😃
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »

Mathew 24

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that [e]it is near—at the doors!34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

All of Matt 24 is relevant but verse 32 is especially so, if we consider both the curse of the fig tree iin Mark 11:20, 21 when Jesus foretold the tree would never produce fruit again,  and  when Israel became a legitimate state or nation in our present time. I hope my mention of Israel is not deemed political, because it was the only way to make this connection.

I see modern day Israel as the tree that fulfills prophecy  by only producing  leaves. 

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:01:53 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »

Mathew 24

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that [e]it is near—at the doors!34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

All of Matt 24 is relevant but verse 32 is especially so, if we consider both the curse of the fig tree iin Mark 11:20, 21 when Jesus foretold the tree would never produce fruit again,  and  when Israel became a legitimate state or nation in our present time. I hope my mention of Israel is not deemed political, because it was the only way to make this connection.

I see modern day Israel as the tree that fulfills prophecy  by only producing  leaves.

Israel is not a problem.

Wanda

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

These conditions can be found globally, with specifics to many to number, but two human practices I find especially horrific. The first is human trafficking,  which is practiced globally, and involves adults and children. This industry brings in more money than drugs ever could. The second is  abortion, now legal in over 60% of the world.

I'm certain these human  negative conditions affect everything pertaining to life on this planet,  and would eventually be conducive to our own destruction,  if we were left to our own devices.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:09:39 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 11:47:38 PM »

ECC.3:18
I said in my heart concerning the estate of the sons of man that God might manifest them
and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

Continually evil.
The dirty blasphemous doctrine of free will and all who believe it will be punished.
The story of King Nebuchadnezzar.

I just spent my whole summer with visiting athiest free willers and I witnessed all of the attributes
of those scriptures Wanda, what a nightmare. Thank God they are all gone and Thank God He controls all of it.

May Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ grant us  courage and strength to endure.
Come Lord Jesus, Amen

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 01:31:05 AM »

Hi Pamela,

Yes it surely is a struggle to try to have a conversation with "free willers" and such.
I have the benefit of a wife who may not understand all that you do, but who patiently works with me to keep peace among our neighbors and friends.
To some I may seem "cool" and unsympathetic toward the daily problems of the fearful who see God much differently than she and I do. However we have been blessed to be able to discuss the True God over coffee and toast most mornings when it relates to the TV news and all the troubles that society experiences today.
This young lady (she was 18 when I found her) has put up with me for 57 years and I am truly thankful that God brought us together.

I-bob

Joel

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4-And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Joel

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »

Hi Ibob
You always speak so kindly of your wife. You are Blessed to have her.
I think God is working in my husband of 47 years. He’s so much more content
which makes my life easier. Thank God
Have a wonderful day Ibob. God Bless You
Pamela

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 05:13:18 PM »

Revelations 14 KJV

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Matthew 24:14 (KJV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Many of us here today are not blind to the similarities of todays cinditions  spoke of in the following verse.

Genesis 6:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Matthew 24:37-39 (KJV)

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Regardless of the warning people will reject it just as they rejected Jesus in his first coming. People will reject the message just as they rejected the warning of the coming flood.

ML

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 10:12:10 PM »

Concordant:

I think this could apply to things like abortion too.

Wanda

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 09:00:12 PM »

Ezekiel 8:12  (KJV)

12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.

Thinking on many world conditions, especially  in this past year, due to unusually strange things being manifested,, takes me back to my own awakening and what God revealed to me,  as a member of the Watch Tower Society/JW'S.

Ezekiel ch. 8 comes to mind., when God revealed to Ezekiel what was going on within the secret room of the temple exposing their ungodly activities.

Today God is exposing many ungodly things, in the Church systems as well as other institutions of authority and power.

The Catholic Church is continuously being exposed for the sexual crimes against children. Recently over a thousand  new such cases have been reported in the media. The Watch Tower Society has been exposed as well, and their crimes are in the court systems now,  in the UK, US and Australia . They are currently  selling off real estate holdings into the millions to compensate the victims. I think the JW religion will go the way of the WWCOG, as their membership has fallen to around 4  million world wide, from almost 10 million just 10 years ago. The FLDS church is not fairing much better.

I'm seeing more and more church leaders in court cases trying to escape prosecution for their financial crimes as well.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:48:44 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »

Luke 21:11 - And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

I hadn't considered posting on this subject until the resent tsunami in Indonesia. Considering the magnitude I became curious of this type of activity in the past 20 years.

List of historical tsunamis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_tsunamis#1000%E2%80%931700_CE

I found this from 2014.

The annual number of “great” earthquakes nearly tripled over the last decade, providing a reminder to Americans that unruptured faults like those in the northwest United States might be due for a Big One.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna233661

Flood info for past 20 years.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/2-3-billion-people-affected-by-flooding-disasters-in-20-years

Recent flood activity in the US. with more predicted for Arizona and California in the coming weeks.

https://floodlist.com/america/usa

Recent Typhoon in Tokyo.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/1024550/trami-typhoon-tracker-update-tokyo-okinawa-path-update-japan-hurricane-latest/amp

List of deadlist floods around the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deadliest_floods
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:40:57 PM by Wanda »

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 01:54:20 AM »

Hello folks,

The idea that got my attention many years ago concerning end time prophesy was that
people will be going about their normal activities and ignoring all the warning signs.
That also seems to mean that even when great changes are happening in Jerusalem that are referred to in Luke 17 and other scriptures, people will still ignore them and say, "it doesn't apply to me".

Aren't these passages referring to normal folks who just don't believe and don't understand, because
it has not been given to them to understand? Are they any worse than we who have the gift of understanding? So to them it will come as a complete shock and they will blame who? Probably God!

Joel

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »

I think this has been going on for about 1,948 years, so how much longer will it continue is my question.

Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Joel

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: End Time Prophecies - "Wars", "Floods", "Earthquakes", etc.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 12:50:38 PM »

"Wars", "Floods", "Earthquakes", etc.

Not that long ago it took three months to travel by ship to North America from England.

2,000 years ago if there were floods and earthquakes all over the world, for the most part no one heard about them unless they lived close to the event. Back then North and South America were not even known to the people that penned these prophecies.

But none-the-less the scriptures said to watch and listen from diverse places.

I've said for years that equal emphasis should be placed on the "hearing" as well as the events.

The fact that this generation can "hear" about these events from anywhere in the world just seconds after they happen makes these prophecies practicable and feasible for the first time ever. IMO.

Wanda

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 05:06:06 PM »

I've said for years that equal emphasis should be placed on the "hearing" as well as the events.

The fact that this generation can "hear" about these events from anywhere in the world just seconds after they happen makes these prophecies practicable and feasible for the first time ever. IMO

True, and Jesus didn't say these things never existed, he knew there would come a time we would have access to knowledge in a way never before possible. The Internet came in to existence as a tool in God's hands, to increase knowledge. I believe if we use it under his guidance it's a huge blessing he has given us.

He knew the end from the beginning and declared knowledge would increase, and it has.

The tsunami in Indonesia was on the internet before any media outlet had reported it. I saw it there first, and it was several hours before I found it on any mainstream news outlets.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:18:32 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5  (KJV)

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness

Out of respect for not bringing politics into discussion, all I will say, for the first time in my life these scriptures have great significance in our time. I can see this unfolding, does anyone else? I'm mostly focusing on verse 3.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:08:30 PM by Wanda »

lareli

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 01:38:45 PM »

Concordant:

Normalizing homosexuality is not the same as calling it ‘good’. If the world were calling homosexuality ‘good’ and heterosexuality ‘evil’ then you might be right. But that’s not the case, at least as far as I know.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.