bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324554 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2018, 12:16:20 PM »

Hi Dennis,

I think many of us think we are near the end times. Did Ray speak about what to expect in the end times and the time span? Must admit I pray for Christ return but there are many times think it would be much easier to die before having to experience the end times.

Only what's posted on YouTube and bible-truths.com Doug.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »

Strange how no one has mentioned this verse yet:

Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Hab 2:14  For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Has - "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world" - happened yet? Opinions?

yello62

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »

Friend Tony,
I used to think that I would like to be alive when our Lord returns, in order to see that event with my own eyes.
But the way things are progressing, the end may be something that no one should desire to see.

As an older and perhaps wiser fellow I have changed my thinking and am contented to let God decide the timing according to His love for me.

Indiana bob

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

We don't know anything for absolute certainty yet. Maybe, Maybe Not.

It seems evident to me that we are in or very close to the end times but I'm always reminded of what someone told me many years ago when I was in the WWCG and they had that "1975 in prophecy" pamphlet saying the end was going to occur in 1975. She was in her 40's when she said: "everyone thinks they are living in the end times." She had just gone thru WWII and they were certain the end was at hand back then.

But part of my motive for starting this topic was to see what everyone else is thinking.

And I know it's been hard for some not to go political. So thank you for that.

Hurricane Michael was really bad but Hurricane Camile in 1969 was much worse. And if you are talking about loss of life then The Great Galveston Storm in 1900 was the worst.

dennis,

my feeling is also that we are near to Christ's return for many of the reasons given by the scriptures articulated in this thread.  the truth is that, since His ascension, those of us that have been placed in Christ have always been near to Christ's return, as close as our last breath.

tony

bob,

my understanding of the scriptures is that 2/3rds of the earth's population will be destroyed prior to Christ's return.  no one who is aware of that fact, including me, wants to experience that, or have their loved ones go through that.  that was not my point.  this age has to end, and God will meet out His justice, and then we move into the next phase of God's declarations, which is Christ's return.

i personally do not believe that those of us that are placed will experience the events, but our loved ones will, and that is painful to me.

hope this clarifies a bit.

tony

ZekeSr

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »

We don't know anything for absolute certainty yet. Maybe, Maybe Not.

It seems evident to me that we are in or very close to the end times but I'm always reminded of what someone told me many years ago when I was in the WWCG and they had that "1975 in prophecy" pamphlet saying the end was going to occur in 1975.

Dennis,

I remember reading this pamphlet when I was about 14; actually it was more like a small book if I remember correctly. It was illustrated very dismally. Scary stuff for a youngster. It affected me for quite some time. And man-o-man, was I glad to see that year come and go  :o.

Has - "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world" - happened yet? Opinions?

That has to be one of the toughest questions I've ever seen on this board. There certainly is no doubt that the so-called "gospel" of mainstream Christianity has been preached. (Speaking of the WWCG, Herbert Armstrong claimed it had been preached...think 1975).
As far as the REAL gospel is concerned, it seems as though it is 'available' because of the internet, but I personally am at an impasse as to whether or not it has truly been preached in all the world.

Mike

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2018, 02:43:27 PM »

Php 1:17  But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

I'm not sure either. This may or may not help?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »

In pretense or in truth, Christ is preached. Is that the same as the foolishness of preaching?

I think Christ is being preached IN PRETENSE AND TRUTH all over you tube, news stories.
and Christian articles , science , etc. Everyone sees what’s happening in the world, most
ignore it or blame climate change or just don’t have any idea why all the violence is increasing
all over the world. No one can deny the chaos that’s taking place or the stupidity of government.
The literal teaching of the book of Revelation is being talked about by people on Facebook,
even animated little movies of the saints riding on white horses following Christ and they are headed to the earth to rapture all the christians, I’m sorry , but I find this amusing. I know
many terrible things are happening but I also see and hear so much nonsense.
It all feels so surreal but then I see all these airplane crashes , some are tragic and some are
miracles with no casualties. The fires in California take lives but the fire that destroyed the town
of Ft Macmurry here in Canada where there was only one road in and out took no lives and
there were 80,000 people fleeing. Also there are a lot of politicians being  exposed for various crimes. I read a lot of comments from people in our news articles and around the world.
People are scared and angry and are learning about the deceit of not only their leaders but
also their churches. To me this is good news because eyes are being opened. Churches are
being exposed and divided like the big ones in Russia and Ukraine, unfortunately lots of christian
persecution is on the rise and it’s very sad but we all know it has to be this way. I think we all know what’s happening now and that’s it’s going to get worse. God has all evil framed and is
is in total control . I too am heartbroken for my family and all families but Our God is bringing
all of these secret and vile sins to the surface for humans to see how sick we are without Our
God. This free will has to go because mankind is so arrogant and opionated and everyone analyzes everyone else, especially in the news but this is as its supposed to be isn’t it. People are talking about the two taboos now ,,,,politics and religion. Ray said God is going to give
the world a bath wether it wants it or not.
I love this fellowship and assembly in spirit with our Lord. Sometimes I shake my head and cry
because I know He is with us all, all the time. We are family, let’s pray for courage and endurance
and mercy while we wait for Our Lord. I really would love it if we could discuss the scriptures more.
Also , no matter the question the answer is always.   All is of God.
One more thing. I remember Ray saying . The more flesh that dies the more spiritual we become.
I know this applies to us individually but is it not also happening collectively in all humanity?
There is a lot of flesh dying these days and People are inquiring about Jesus, even some of my family members and I can say without a doubt that when my family asks about God , then something is up.😃 All PRAISE AND GLORY TO OUR AWESOME SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.❤️
Dennis, you asked for opinions. This is mine, cause Our God provided me with a new I pad
that didn’t cut out on me. God is good.😁
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2018, 11:13:00 AM »

Thanks Pamela,

I appreciate the way you explained your understanding.
Our flesh has to be reduced in order for the spiritual to increase within each of us.

Very well stated. I-bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »

Hab 2:14  For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

I occurred to me that it does not say this gospel will be preached and understood.

It just says "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world."

And it did not say "unto all the world" which is used 2448 times in the KJ - NT and more personal.

For the first 4 or 5 years BT was available in China and we even received emails from Mainland China. Then they cut us and all Christian sites off.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »

Musterseed mentioned Christian's being persecuted and that is happening here in the US and certainly in the Middle East and other countries. I just read about a Christian woman in the US who was fired because she did not agree with LGBTG ideology. Canada is leading the way in North America.

ML

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »

This discussion does touch on preterism
(I'm not one) but 2 questions.

Some argue that world in verses like the Matthew 24 one refer to Roman Civilization. What do you think of that?

And, saw someone use a couple Scriptures to say Paul somehow fulfilled that prophesy:

[Col 1:5-6 KJV] 5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; 6 Which is come unto you, as [it is] in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as [it doth] also in you, since the day ye heard [of it], and knew the grace of God in truth:

[Col 1:5-6, 23 KJV] 5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; 6 Which is come unto you, as [it is] in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as [it doth] also in you, since the day ye heard [of it], and knew the grace of God in truth: ... 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

[Rom 10:16-18 KJV] 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »

This discussion does touch on preterism
(I'm not one) but 2 questions.

Some argue that world in verses like the Matthew 24 one refer to Roman Civilization. What do you think of that?

In Romans 10:13, Paul states that everyone had heard the message, but in Colossians 1:25, he says,  "I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit so that I might complete the preaching of the word of God." All nations had heard, but the work was not finished. More people could be reached.

People from all around the world heard the Gospel before the Old Covenant age ended in 70AD. But the end of the Great Commission was just the beginning.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

indianabob

« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2018, 04:39:05 PM »

Dennis,
I have a question about preaching "the gospel" in all the world.
Many denominations feel called to send whole bibles or new testaments to other nations, even in their native language, but is that the gospel?
What gospel did Paul preach in Greece or Rome? To non-believers.
Paul didn't have a complete set of scrolls of the Jewish scripture with him on the road as far as I could tell. Also he preached verbally from memory and didn't have to prove anything from writing, although men from Berea did search the scripture to prove to themselves what he had said.
Maybe the "gospel" can be taught a lot more simply than most believe that it can be.
Please comment. Indiana bob

I occurred to me that it does not say this gospel will be preached and understood.

And it did not say "unto all the world" which is used 2448 times in the KJ - NT and more personal.

For the first 4 or 5 years BT was available in China and we even received emails from Mainland China. Then they cut us and all Christian sites off.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »

Dennis,
I have a question about preaching "the gospel" in all the world.
Many denominations feel called to send whole bibles or new testaments to other nations, even in their native language, but is that the gospel?
What gospel did Paul preach in Greece or Rome? To non-believers.
Paul didn't have a complete set of scrolls of the Jewish scripture with him on the road as far as I could tell. Also he preached verbally from memory and didn't have to prove anything from writing, although men from Berea did search the scripture to prove to themselves what he had said.
Maybe the "gospel" can be taught a lot more simply than most believe that it can be.
Please comment. Indiana bob

Can anyone define the Gospel in one short sentence? Because I cannot.

We know about the four commonly called 'Gospel Books', Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Is there more to the gospel than what's in those four books?

I know there are many pieces of the Gospel (good news) and I'm fairly sure I know all the pieces. But what pieces exactly?

Before anyone answers please listen to these three YouTube teachings by Ray. It may take you a few days.

https://youtu.be/rozQU2cPCFc

https://youtu.be/NOtRDU3fIZ0

https://youtu.be/o5YCfZQ7XfU

One sentence - Not a book please

ML

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »

Dennis, how about this?

I Cor. 15   Now I make known to you, brothers, the gospel which I proclaimed to you.. For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,  and that he was buried, and that he was raised up on the third day according to the scriptures..

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »

Dennis, how about this?

I Cor. 15   Now I make known to you, brothers, the gospel which I proclaimed to you.. For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,  and that he was buried, and that he was raised up on the third day according to the scriptures..

Ray shoots that down at the start of the first video.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:01:00 PM by Dennis Vogel »

ML

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »

Dennis, how about this?

Ray shoots that down at the start of the first video.
Yeah, I just remembered watching those before.

How about this?

Colossians 1
20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

I tried lol.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »

Good News,Kingdom of God taught for our admonition. The called and chosen.

Romans 16:25
Now to Him who is able to strengthen you, according to my gospel and the preaching
of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages, 26
but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all
nations according to the command of the eternal God 27, to bring about the obedience of
faith——-27, to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.

My understanding.😊

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2018, 08:03:08 PM »

AH,,, Luke 4:18 ?

indianabob

« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2018, 10:19:42 PM »

Pamela,
That is a good one, but that was Jesus preaching to Jews in the synagogue and those folks heard preaching from the holy scripture every week.
I was thinking more about apostle Paul teaching a new and better covenant to gentiles in Greece and Rome. People who for the most part were never acquainted with scripture.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »

Thanks I bob
People who were never acquainted with scripture, you just described me before BT.😂

I am reading LOF 7 and 8.

Here’s something Ray wrote.
As long as people think what Jesus taught was physical, and material and literal little stories
about people , places and things,so that everyone could understand Him ,cannot hear words of spirit with physical ears.

This is Christiandom right through the ages ( the folks who hear scripture every week)according to what I am learning tonight about
the seven churches of Revelation.
Ray,,,, “ The contents of this prophecy started with vision of John 2000 years ago and will
continue until the return of Christ and judgement of the world.”
I’m not finished reading yet , a little more and then bedtime.
What do you think Ibob , what is the gospel. It’s interesting to know what we all think. Maybe
if we put all our brains together , we will get one good one. Hahaha.😂 Goodnight my friend.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.