bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324549 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »

Normalizing something means it has become acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, conventional.

I looked it up.

ML

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5  (KJV)

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness

Out of respect for not bringing politics into discussion, all I will say, for the first time in my life these scriptures have great significance in our time. I can see this unfolding, does anyone else? I'm mostly focusing on verse 3.
I think I see what you are saying.

lareli

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »

Normalizing something means it has become acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, conventional.

I looked it up.

Correct. But Normal doesn’t mean good. The scripture you quoted doesn’t say ‘woe to those who call evil normal, and normal evil’

Normal, acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, conventional.... none of those words mean ‘good’.

Can you think of an example of homosexuality being called ‘good’ not ‘normal’ but ‘good’? Or heterosexuality being called ‘evil’?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:17:21 AM by lareli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Joel

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »

The way I see it, if I know the Bible says something and choose to not believe it, and out of the air accept something that totally disagrees with that Truth, is that not calling good evil and evil good?

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »

The way I see it, if I know the Bible says something and choose to not believe it, and out of the air accept something that totally disagrees with that Truth, is that not calling good evil and evil good?

Joel

You may be correct.
But would you Joel, who are indwelt in some measure by the spirit of God and Christ, do such a thing?

John from Kentucky

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »

I looked it up.

Correct. But Normal doesn’t mean good. The scripture you quoted doesn’t say ‘woe to those who call evil normal, and normal evil’

Normal, acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, conventional.... none of those words mean ‘good’.

Can you think of an example of homosexuality being called ‘good’ not ‘normal’ but ‘good’? Or heterosexuality being called ‘evil’?

Boring me here.

That's definitely not good.  What is the point?

Today's culture wants to normalize homosexuality, which is not a good thing.

I remember a time when homosexuality was not even discussed.  Not even thought to exist.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »

I looked it up.

Semantics. Homosexuality is not normal or good. But there are places in this country where homosexuality is normal. Does that make it good?

I'll bet if you go to the Bay Area and ask the question "is homosexuality acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, and conventional" the answer will be 'yes'. But we know practicing homosexuality is evil. Semantics.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 03:02:04 PM »

JFK said, "Today's culture wants to normalize homosexuality, which is not a good thing." I agree.

Hard to find examples without political commentary but look at this and tell me it's normal, acceptable, etc.

https://youtu.be/brl2qG5GhHc

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »

The legalization of same sex marriage  did not come about suddenly as some may think, but through years of litigation, resulting in a slow but steady effort to normalize by acceptance.  Reminds me of the frog in the simmering pot.

The same is happening with making sex with children legal. The video Dennis shared is proof that this is a deliberate agenda.

How can anyone refute this knowing the whole head is sick from the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness and  every imagination of the thoughts of mans heart is evil continually.

I found this information most telling on this subject.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna870586
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:23:43 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2018, 03:39:32 PM »

Quote from: Dennis Vogel 

[url=https://youtu.be/brl2qG5GhHc
https://youtu.be/brl2qG5GhHc[/url]
:o

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »

Quote from: Dennis Vogel 

[url=https://youtu.be/brl2qG5GhHc
https://youtu.be/brl2qG5GhHc[/url]
:o

One more but that's it. I think we get the point.

https://youtu.be/EBkcVtHXiLs

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »

My grandchildren just started kindergarten in Calgary. I warned my daughter  about this and I pray
God will open her eyes.
Liviticus 19:21
You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord.
Like Ray said” doesn’t this just grind on your Spirit? This is child sacrifice.😠
Come Lord Jesus, Thy will be done.
Cling to Jesus my brothers and sisters.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lareli

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »

I looked it up.

Semantics. Homosexuality is not normal or good. But there are places in this country where homosexuality is normal. Does that make it good?

I'll bet if you go to the Bay Area and ask the question "is homosexuality acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, and conventional" the answer will be 'yes'. But we know practicing homosexuality is evil. Semantics.

I don’t disagree with you. But that wouldn’t be the question to ask. The question to ask would be “is homosexuality good

Semantics is the study of the meaning of words, so yes, it’s semantics. Acceptable, standard, regular... none of those mean “good”.

Normal, standard, regular... death is all of those things. Death is not ‘good’.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

ML

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »

I don’t disagree with you. But that wouldn’t be the question to ask. The question to ask would be “is homosexuality good

Semantics is the study of the meaning of words, so yes, it’s semantics. Acceptable, standard, regular... none of those mean “good”.
What would you call adults making storybooks and costumes about homosexual and transgender relationships, and encouraging them to do the same? Or these "parades"(more like "charades") that they put on?

Not exactly related, but with abortion, they fight for "women's rights," a terrible euphemism blurted out over and over, to distract you from all the murders they do. They would probably say it is "good" for a women to have control over her own body. Problem is, is that it is not her body that is being killed, but another.

Tim Krantz

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »

KJV Dan.12:4
But thou O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book even to the time of the end, many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.   

Youngs Literal Translation
  Dan 12:4  And thou, O Daniel, hide the things, and seal the book till the time of the end, many do go to and fro, and knowledge is multiplied.'

Maybe the increase in knowledge will be about Daniels book. Hope so

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 06:29:39 PM »

I looked it up.

Normal, standard, regular... death is all of those things. Death is not ‘good’.

The word 'semantics' can be used in a somewhat sarcastic way. It means playing with words that have similar meanings to prove a point. That's what I meant.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »

Dennis:

Hurricane Michael, which is getting ready to strike the Florida area, is another example, in my collection, of the correlation between Israel and the "plans" of America, without getting political.

God, like clockwork.

Dean

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

Dennis:

Hurricane Michael, which is getting ready to strike the Florida area, is another example, in my collection, of the correlation between Israel and the "plans" of America, without getting political.

God, like clockwork.

Dean

Most interesting Dean. Unfortunatly this storm is headed my way.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

John from Kentucky

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2018, 10:45:56 PM »

Dennis:

God, like clockwork.

Dean

My spiritual eyes just went cross-eyed.  Please say no more about your statement.  I am trying hard not to make fun of others.

ZekeSr

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2018, 08:42:57 AM »

Dennis:

God, like clockwork.

Dean

There have been literally hundreds of deadly hurricanes on record in the Americas since 1492. And many more huge ones recorded in the geological strata before that.

This has nothing to do with end time prophecy.

Mike

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.