bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324979 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2019, 02:22:56 PM »

In addition to the verse Dennis posted, these apply to all.

Romans 1

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

As difficult as it is to accept these crimes against children, God has given us an understanding as to the why of it.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2019, 04:04:20 PM »

The Vatican also created Islam. Do a search for it on any search engine. Evil organization.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2019, 12:07:09 AM »

I have just now realized that I’ve actually strayed away from what I originally intended to write. The premise of this is a number of questions. When did the end times begin? It seems that we have been in them since the first day of Pentecost. Every generation has thought itself to be the last. And the reasons have been understandable from the perspective of the people of those times. Wars, disease, persecutions, and even serious climate changes of the past have occurred again and again. I’m not going to list anything because I believe we are all aware of at least the worst of these events. So, here we are… closer than ever to the culmination. But just how close are we? What is our perspective compared to tomorrow’s? Who knows just how much is yet to occur before the true culmination of events?

Mike

The single biggest reason I started this thread:

Mat 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Indeed.  But the mindset Mike is talking about in that post makes people really want that verse to say:  Watch, therefor, so ye may know what hour your Lord doth come.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:24:18 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2019, 02:45:16 AM »

Hi Dave,

Good reminder.
Also noted that Watch doesn't mean Worry about it too much.
Just be aware of the need to be thankful for the gift of understanding and appreciative and then relax ... but keep your eyes open... :D No sleeping on the job.

Porter

« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2019, 10:44:06 AM »

So, here we are… closer than ever to the culmination. But just how close are we? What is our perspective compared to tomorrow’s? Who knows just how much is yet to occur before the true culmination of events?

Mike

One thing I'm sure of is, we are closer Today then we were yesterday. I don't think anyone knows how much longer the world will continue on as is. Looking at the state of the physical world is futile as "there is nothing new under the sun".

However, I do think it's important to be ready by "watching" and praying, so when Christ appears, we won't be surprised and locked out.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:46:23 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2019, 07:43:46 AM »

Sadly, at least 23 people were killed yesterday in Lee County, Alabama from a massive tornado outbreak. I know why it happened, and it has to do with statements made yesterday by the State Department regarding Israel's ownership of Jerusalem and the "boundaries and borders" of final status "peace talks" between her and her enemies.

I pray every day for God's protection over His Elect from all of these natural events. May He continue to have mercy on us!

Dean

lareli

« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »

Sadly, at least 23 people were killed yesterday in Lee County, Alabama from a massive tornado outbreak. I know why it happened, and it has to do with statements made yesterday by the State Department regarding Israel's ownership of Jerusalem and the "boundaries and borders" of final status "peace talks" between her and her enemies.

I pray every day for God's protection over His Elect from all of these natural events. May He continue to have mercy on us!

Dean

How sure are you that you know “why” those 23 people died? We aren’t punished for other people’s sins. Ezekiel 18:20.

And what makes you think you are one of the elect? What makes any of us so certain that we are Gods special chosen ones?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:48:37 AM by lareli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »

Ecc 9:11  I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »

In the Book of Job, we learn Satan used a wind storm to destroy the house thereby killing Job's ten children.
In the Scriptures, Satan is called the "prince of the power of the air".

The people in Alabama were killed by an act of Satan, not an act of God.

Wanda

« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2019, 05:34:35 PM »

Amen to that John.

I thank my God my inheritance is not one obtained by the innocent slaughter of others,  otherwise,  Jesus sacrificed his life for nothing. More importantly I praise him for being the righteous and just God he is, yesterday today and forever.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »

Is God to blame for the suffering of mankind?

On the LOF  front page, this is the question  in an email to Ray. I believe it
is a must read for this topic.

In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Johnny70

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2019, 12:22:29 AM »

Pamela - IMHO - you are absolutely correct. To quote just a few texts - Eccl 3:1 "Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
 To every thing there is a zeman (time), and an et (season) for every matter under Shomayim;" Every event and work is with the full intention of our Creator. Paul says - Ephesians 1:11 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
 "Also in union with him we were given an inheritance, we who were picked in advance according to the purpose of the One who effects everything in keeping with the decision of his will," His will supersedes the will or the intention of any power and as He would have it - because any power that exists owes its existence and capacity to The Creator who has total control over that creation. Isaiah 45:7 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) "I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, Adonai, do all these things." This is the Adonai that I am glad is in full control -  what ever reason that those 23 people died for in Lee County (my heart goes out to those friends and relatives in the most sincerest way) but they did not die in vain - as this was a planned purposeful event. If this world was not operating in accord with the purpose of The Almighty - we all would be in serious trouble!!
Johnny 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:09:14 AM by Johnny70 »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2019, 03:49:46 AM »

This is a better translation, I think. 

LITV Ecc 9:11  I returned and saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the mighty; nor even bread to the wise; nor even riches to the men of discernment; nor even favor to knowing men. For time and occurrence happen to them all.

The word translated "chance" is פּגע (pega‛) and only occurs two times in the OT.  Here's the second one:

KJV  1Ki 5:4  But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.

LITV  1Ki 5:4  And now Jehovah my God has given me rest all around; there is no adversary nor evil happening.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2019, 03:52:09 AM »

Is God to blame for the suffering of mankind?

On the LOF  front page, this is the question  in an email to Ray. I believe it
is a must read for this topic.

In Christ, Pamela

Here's the link.

http://bible-truths.com/email2.htm#suffer

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2019, 01:24:18 PM »

Thank you Dave for posting the link.

In Christ Pamela

Wanda

« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2019, 01:50:18 PM »

Yes, of course God is in total control, and nothing happens unless it's his will. What I take issue with is the reason given for those poor people who died in that tornado. Are we to believe that God killed those people over a land dispute in the Middle East?

They died and it is without question it was God's will, but nothing in scripture, as far as I can understand, supports they died because God was moved to wrath over that land. If that's the case, why didn't he bring his wrath upon the ones in power,  who are in opposition to his will over the land?

Johnny70

« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2019, 02:33:24 PM »

There are approximately 50 Million people die every year from various "circumstances". All of the times for their deaths have been pre-determined. Just about a week ago a very good friend of my wife's just died from a long illness. She was one for the kindest people that you could imagine. How can we fathom the deaths of all these people? It happens and if God did not want little babies to die even full term unborn ones or people of all ages in all sorts of circumstances then it would NEVER happen. But in these physically constructed bodies - it is a fact and reality. The resurrection to a spiritual existence is the only solution - and then we will get the real reasons why there is such a system as we have now. For those who believe in Adam and Eve with the idyllic environment in the garden - if these conditions had of continued, things like war, disease and even death might not exist today - it seems so. If that is part of the answer along with many more, God will provide this at some point in time. But because human and animal deaths alike are so common all this is certainly no surprise to God. And my personal speculations as to the why of all this, would fall miserably short for the real reasons this happens.

Johnny 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:57:36 PM by Johnny70 »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »

Another email answer from Ray on the web page about sinning.

We actually do commit the sins that we commit. Wether we could have done it otherwise
is immaterial in as much as committing the sin makes us sinners.
Think of sin as dirt. It matters not how we got dirty. God is going to give
EVERYONE A BATH LIKE IT OR NOT.
God is God and He will do as He pleases. And God pleases to put us through
an experience of sin and death before He glorifies us with all the powers of the
universe.

Gen.6:5 and 17,,, from the LOF ORIGIN OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that
every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And Behold, I even I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy
all flesh, wherein is the breath of life from under heaven and everything
that is in the earth shall DIE( caps Rays)

Quote from Ray,,,,, “It apparently took a hundred years to build the ark and so for a hundred
years Noah warned the world that God would kill them for their gross sins.”

Well , everything looks pretty gross out there .

Ray” God is going to show us how good the good are by contrasting them
With how bad the bad are. We are being changed now from our sinful ways
as we learn to KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD,,,,,,,LOF XV1 part D 4

God has a plan and He let a few of His foolish children take a glance , let’s Glorify and Thank Our
Lord and Majesty on High as our salvation is nearer. Each moment is so precious.

Job 19:25
For I know that my Redeemer lives and at the last He will stand upon the earth.

Love In Christ, ❤️ Pamela

Wanda

« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2019, 06:41:03 PM »

What I see happening is many Christians are in favour of Jewish terrorism and denounce Palestinian terrorism, as if God has a moral double standard. All praise be to their military Messiah.

This is not in Jesus character, as he came in peace to save All nations, not with a physical sword, but with a spiritual one, that sword is the truth of God's word. He once admonished his deciples  for wanting to call down fire on the unbelievers, telling them they did not know of what spirit they were of.

Has God abolished the Law, I think not.

Joshua 1:8  (KJV)

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 (KJV)

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Johnny70

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2019, 07:49:37 PM »

Pamela & Wanda,
All great comments - Solomon applied himself relentlessly to this task -  Ecclesiastes 1:13 Contemporary English Version (CEV) "With all my wisdom I tried to understand everything that happens here on earth. And God has made this so hard for us humans to do."

Johnny
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.