bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324547 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »

More on buying and selling:

"Libra is a new currency that is being proposed by Facebook. ... Libra has the potential to become successful because of the backing from the Libra Association, which is made up of large international corporations such as Facebook, Uber and Vodafone." Google

Some are saying Libra may prevent you from buying and selling based on things you've said on social media.

If you want, go here: https://youtu.be/d6GUxl4ZxDU and move to 11:50 where the discussion begins.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »

Rev 13:17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Could this be talking about the tariffs?
I've been thinking there is something very significant about these tariffs. I think you're right Dennis. Last night on the news, there was talk of another country placing sanctions on the US. This could turn out to be a great tariff war.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2019, 01:42:13 PM »

Wanda: 
Don't know how North America fits into prophecy; if everyone is fleeing from So. America, Europe; where would we flee to ????
"This is not something that's going to slow down, and some of us might have to flee our countries too, considering we don't die first."

Hi Diane,

We could look at this in two ways. We would pretty much be backed into a corner or we could rest in the faith and knowledge God will protect us. If God tells me to hide in a cave, I'm going to listen.☺

Isaiah 40:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:51:20 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2019, 05:15:34 PM »

Prune, Mexico was a strong partner for a long time .  It had a good economy and it was a beautiful place to visit . They devolved into lawlessness and that is what you’re seeing now and why people want to leave and why people are killed when they stand up to them .
The US considers a hostile military as a threat , not an economy . We don’t wave a magic wand and make people bend to our will .  You think we’re some kind of Svengali and you give us way too much blame for the actions of the world.

I only look at History, I can’t blame anyone about what happened since everything is submitted to God’s perfect will. 
Through History we can also see the way God leads us to end times, if we believe the scriptures of course.

Wanda

« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:04 PM »

Well, how about the spirit of lawlessness and corruption ?   There are places that I won’t name that you cannot even visit without having your tour guide or your hotel  being paid off in order to keep you safe .   By their own hand they have devolved into a third world nation.
   America is disintegrating right before our eyes in part because of lawlessness, immortality , drugs and devaluation of human life . We can barely take care of ourselves ( the streets of L.A. for example ) much less the refugees of the world .  And yes, it is hard not to see this as a precursor of the coming of Christ and a world where faith is not found .

We also have areas like Detroit and Chicago that are rampent with crime. People march in the streets with guns, with gangs usurping the law. It's common place  to see bodies in the streets in these areas, as if it's an acceptable part of war.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2019, 07:53:11 PM »

I grew up in Detroit but it's coming back. Have a look: https://youtu.be/44Z4T_wRVmM

Wanda

« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »

I grew up in Detroit but it's coming back. Have a look: https://youtu.be/44Z4T_wRVmM

WOW! What a difference, and I'm happy to see the turn around.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:55:21 AM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »

The US considers a hostile military as a threat , not an economy . We don’t wave a magic wand and make people bend to our will .  You think we’re some kind of Svengali and you give us way too much blame for the actions of the world .

Actually the US considers anyone who doesn't play by their rules a threat. Military or no military. Do some research on how Venezuela ended up in such poverty, even though they are  rich in oil. Do the same with the US's past  involvement  with Iran, same situation different country.  Don't  deceive yourself. Our country is nothing but a ruthless.insatiable corporate beast.  Being a Christian nation they  have much to answer to God for.

octoberose

« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2019, 01:35:49 AM »

Well then by all means, move someplace else .  I think I’ll stay here . Though the military is demonized in this group, I am a military daughter and wife and I’m afraid you and I see this very differently.
  My dad would want to know why he gave up a big chunk of his 20’s to leave his new bride and save the world .  My husband would like to know why he bothered freeing a country from an Iraqi takeover ( first gulf war) . Gosh such awful people . 

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »

The military obeys orders coming from the government. Military people can’t be blamed either.
Just like the centurion in Matt 8:9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
Your dad and your husband are very honorable men, risking their lives for people to live a long and well filled life. Absolutely no doubt about it. My mother was in the Air Force.
But chiefs and kings and politicians in governments are responsible for the power God allow them, even if they don’t have any idea about it.
Now we know Our Heavenly Father placed them at the top of the world’s hierarchy for a great purpose, aren’t we?
They’ve been blinded and they don’t know what they do. That’s why Our Father already forgave them through Christ’s death and suffer at the cross. Later and sooner their eyes will be opened through Christ’s life. Gnashing of teeth and cries.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:22:56 PM by Prune Soleiado »

Wanda

« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2019, 01:58:42 PM »

Octoberose -

My son was in the second  Gulf war and I know his intentions were honorable as were many others who were there. All of this was God's will and I'm not picking sides or judging anyone involved.

Seeing you upset is a good example of why anything of a political nature is not allowed in our discussions. I truly regret my part in this.

Most of the time I try to carefully consider my words before speaking, unfortunately this wasn't one of them.

Thank you Michele for bringing God's word  into the discussion, as the voice of reason in an unreasonable  situation.

Wanda

« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2019, 04:40:58 PM »

More on buying and selling:

"Libra is a new currency that is being proposed by Facebook. ... Libra has the potential to become successful because of the backing from the Libra Association, which is made up of large international corporations such as Facebook, Uber and Vodafone." Google

Some are saying Libra may prevent you from buying and selling based on things you've said on social media.

If you want, go here: https://youtu.be/d6GUxl4ZxDU and move to 11:50 where the discussion begins.

Interesting, I like RT.  Not allowing those to trade based on their facebook comments, would pretty much impact the majority of it's  members. Which fits the prophesy.

Unlike bitcoin, I don't see this currency benifiting anyone but the wealthy..

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2019, 12:32:37 AM »

Didn't Ray explain the meaning of "buying and selling" in the LOF series?

And in 16 pages of a thread started to post Scripture about End-Time prophecies, has anybody posted the one scripture where Jesus tells His disciples what happens before the end comes?   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2019, 03:49:12 AM »

Dave , you mean this ?

3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away[a] and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come

octoberose

« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2019, 04:07:12 AM »

To address the comments above responding to me -  we all know we come from flawed countries with leaders who miss the mark.  I think long and hard about seeing the world through Christ’s eyes and not seeing it only as an American. I won’t know how far from His perspective I am until He opens my eyes - but I do try.
I’ve always liked the story of the centurion . Jesus treated him as an honorable man, even though he was in the service of the Roman Empire .
 No worries about anything said . You all had been conversing nicely until I got involved.
 Back to the subject at hand, I have to say Bitcoin bothers me.  It seems to me it’s not based on anything but blocks of information , smoke and mirrors , and could be used to sponsor anything from mischief to terror .

indianabob

« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2019, 01:43:58 PM »

Hi October rose,

Agree with your assessment of bit coin.
Seems to me it is about the same as our government monetary system, but with a different authority in charge.
The so called "federal reserve" is very similar to any other "fiat" monetary system.
Instead of smoke and mirrors and bits of data, it is smoke and mirrors and bits of colored paper or "bank notes". Since we are not on a gold or silver standard any longer. Dollars  have value ONLY as long as other people will accept them in exchange for goods and services. So it is a confidence scheme that can change in short order, so that's why we should not put our confidence in money or in gold.

octoberose

« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »

Yes, Indiana I agree.

The last part of the verse in Matthew above is
4 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come

What do you all think this is? Our gospel, the true good news of Jesus being the savior  of the world and everyone eventually coming  His Kingdom- is different from the gospel of the mainline churches and their free will and their forever hell.  Do you understand then that the gospel of Jesus as Savior will be preached throughout the world and then He'll come ?   Or just the knowledge of Jesus ?   And if it's the gospel we believe in, then bibletruths is doing its part, I would say.  Throughout the whole world means everyone hears, or that generally people in the world will know about Jesus ?   What would Ray say ?  :)

Wanda

« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »

Octoberose -

The Gospel of the Kingdom was discussed on pages  6, 7 and 8
Of this thread.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:51:32 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #318 on: June 29, 2019, 05:53:21 PM »

And in 16 pages of a thread started to post Scripture about End-Time prophecies, has anybody posted the one scripture where Jesus tells His disciples what happens before the end comes?   

Yes Dave. It was posted on page 1.

Wanda

« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »

Didn't Ray explain the meaning of "buying and selling" in the LOF series?

Rev 13:16-17

16 And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the NAME of the wild beast, or the NUMBER OF HIS NAME.

Dave -

Ray did touch briefly on the subject of buying and selling, in his article, Who Is The Beast, but there was much more involved that he didn't cover.. we know we are the beast, but do we understand that our earthly enslavement under the beast nation makes everyone completely depended on them for the necessities of life.

We may no longer consider ourselves part of this earthly kingdom, but we are inslaved  by it none the less.  .   Yes, we should first concern ourselves with the spiritual aspects of these scriptures, but God is speaking of both the spiritual and physical, thus warning us of how money is the root of all evil, and then showing us just how that evil is manifested .

These tariffs prevent people from selling their goods, thus rendering them incapable of providing the most necessary things of life to their countries people. We only need to look at the impact tariffs have had on other countries in our time, to see the connection in prophecy.

There is even more to be understood about the marks. There is the spiritual and holy mark and also a physical, but that has not been manifested  in the physical at this point in time, therefore any thoughts would be purely  speculative.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:49:43 PM by Wanda »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.