bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324553 times)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2019, 04:02:26 PM »

Porter,

Its all a parable according to Ray in this email response,

Hi ray,

Thanks for the encouragement.. can you tell me what you mean when you say all of the scriptures are a parable?

Thanks,

Dave

Dear Dave:

Well, not really, not in less than a hour or so, but I'll give you a hint. God is the Creator. He made everything. He made everthing for a purpose. There is one grand goal that God has for the entire human race. The Christian Church has not a CLUE as to what that goal is or how it will be accomplish. The whole plan and purpose is outlined in the Scriptures. But just as NONE of the people who heard Jesus teach in parables, understood His parables, so the Whole Bible is one GIANT parable which the Church does not understand. In a nutshell:  God is creating the human race into HIS VERY OWN SPIRITUAL IMAGE.  Oh, I thought that already was accomplished back in the Garden, wasn't it?  I told you it's all one GIANT PARABLE!

God be with you,

Ray
Stacey

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »

Wanda, it would be nice if you are correct in the assumption that Matthew 24 was only limited to the destruction of Jerusalem, but I have my doubts.

Going back to the same verses, were there earthquakes in diverse places when the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.?

Had the gospel been preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations?

Did they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory?

Were all the elect gathered from the four winds of heaven at the great sound of a trumpet?

Had many already come in his name saying He was the Christ, and had deceived many?

Are we assuming that the end of this eon is going to be a peaceful one rather than a tumultuous one?

For me, there are too many verses listed in that chapter that have a later literal fulfillment application, in addition to what has happened in 70 A.D.

IDean -

I'm going to post a reply to your questions in three parts, so as not to lay down one long wall of text. Keep in mind this is what I understand at this time, and I'm a work in progress.

Did they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory?

Matt 24

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Compare with -

Matthew 26:64

“Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.”

Can we physically, with our eyes see this?

Was Jesus speaking of his second coming  or his coming to take vengeance on the Jewish nation, after his return to power and glory?

The sign of the son of man coming on the clouds with power and glory would certainly be understood by the nation of Israel, as they had been forwarned. They understood this was a judgement upon them by God himself, and those that paid heed to the signs Jesus spoke of were spared.

Hereafter

here·af·ter

/hirˈaftər/

adverb

synonyms:from now on, after this, as of now, from this day on, from this time on, from this moment forth, from this day forth, from this day forward, subsequently, in future, in the future, hence, henceforth, henceforward;

Had the gospel been preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations?

Titus destroyed Jerusalem and the temple about two years after Pauls death.

Paul speaks of the gospel work in these scriptures.

Colossians 1:23  (KJV)

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:6 (KJV)

6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Were all the elect gathered from the four winds of heaven at the great sound of a trumpet?

Matt 24

31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Notice, this scripture does not say All

If the gospel had been preached in all the world,  as paul seems to be saying, then the elect  of that time were gathered  fom the four winds of heaven.  Does that mean the work would not continue,  I don't think so, else none of us would have been led to Ray, who preached the true gospel, the same one the apostles preached.  And yet there is something that makes the work of the apostles more significant in all of this, I haven't figured out why though.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:59:41 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »

Had many already come in his name saying He was the Christ, and had deceived many?

Yes, Paul spoke of this often, always warning of these decevers.

Going back to the same verses, were there earthquakes in diverse places when the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.?

Did  these precede the destruction of Jerusalem, there is abundant historic evidence.

All these signs are mentioned by unbelieving writers such as Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Philostratus, and Seneca, who speak of them because of their importance and not with any reference to the prophecy of Christ. I'm sure more could be found.

1. A great earthquake in Crete, A. D. 46 or 47.
 2. One at Rome when Nero assumed the manly toga, A. D. 51.
 3. One at Apamæa in Phrygia, mentioned by Tacitus, A. D. 53. 4. One at Laodicea in Phrygia, A. D. 60.
 5. One in Campania, A. D. 62 or 63. There were an indefinite number of famines referred to by Roman writers, and at least one pestilence during which thirty thousand perished in Rome alone.

Are we assuming that the end of this eon is going to be a peaceful one rather than a tumultuous one?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but that's what I see.

Matt 24

(15) Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel, the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), (16) then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Jesus was referencing Daniel 12:11. It seems obvious that "the abomination of desolation" is associated with the desolation of Jerusalem and especially the temple in 70 A.D.

It's my understanding the following versus are specific to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple,

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

After getting past the signs that apply to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple, I'm reminded of the scriptures that say there's nothing new under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10  (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

In Matt 24, What new signs could Jesus possibly give us that would distinguish the time of his coming from all others?  

Applying signs Jesus meant for a specific event, time and people to our day, is from my experiene, futile.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:30:26 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2019, 09:05:37 PM »

We can't overlook what Jesus is telling us about world conditions prior to his coming , otherwise we'll be deceived, mostly by ourselves.

Matt 24

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

This could be describing our day.

Is Jesus coming in destruction?

Dave so kindly posted and suggested we read Ray's Rapture paper again,  for good reason.

From the Rapture paper.  I'd urge everybody to read it, long as it is.  It is much more than a refutation of an  theory:

https://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

Except

We have already shown in Scripture that the great tribulation ends at our Lord's advent, it does not begin. Nor is the tribulation ushered in, as a thief, three and one half years earlier or seven years earlier. It is our Lord's "coming" that is as a thief, not "tribulation." "Gloominess" and "darkness" during the time of the day of the Lord is not the main aspect of the figure of a thief or even a minor aspect of this figure of a thief. The Bible tells us plainly what the figure represents. It is representative of " when He comes" -- "His coming"! Nothing else.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:36:34 AM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »

Dennis,

I was also thinking there is a lot of speculation about moving away from cash all together. I read recently there slowly doing away with atm machines. The purpose is to move everyone to cards for all buying activity.  If that's true, wouldn't a bank card have a chip and numbers?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #385 on: July 11, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »

Dennis,

I was also thinking there is a lot of speculation about moving away from cash all together. I read recently there slowly doing away with atm machines. The purpose is to move everyone to cards for all buying activity.  If that's true, wouldn't a bank card have a chip and numbers?

I've never had an ATM card, so don't know for sure.

I know China is mostly cashless. They use their smartphones to pay for everything. But not in the US, at least so far.

indianabob

« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »

I phone users can opt for an application to use their i-phone or i-watch to pay at the check out.
I suppose that it is more likely in larger cities than small towns, but it does work here in the U.S.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2019, 11:14:59 PM »

We just tap a debit machine with a card and your money just disappears into
the wild blue yonder, much like sending an e-mail. It even makes the same whoosh sound.🤣
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Stacey

« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2019, 02:22:54 AM »

I have a check card, debit card and a credit card. All of them have a chip and almost all the local stores here use card machines that utilize the chip process instead of the swipe process. I can also use Apple Pay to pay for purchases at stores that accept it, just tap my phone on the card machine and my purchase is completed.
Stacey

ZekeSr

« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2019, 08:13:39 AM »

A minor pushback from the "City of Brotherly Love":

CBS NEWS
Philadelphia is first city to ban cashless stores and restaurants
By Megan Cerullo
Updated on: March 8, 2019 / 3:10 PM / MoneyWatch

Philadelphia has passed a law requiring most retail establishments to accept cash, making it the first U.S. city to ban a practice critics say is discriminatory.
Mayor Jim Kenney last week signed the law, passed by the city council in February, banning stores and restaurants from implementing cashless policies. It will take effect July 1, and business owners who don't comply will face fines of up to $2,000.
Cashless policies are gaining currency in a number of cities, with some business owners saying that handling cash is inefficient and invites theft. But opponents say cashless establishments exclude people who are "unbanked," or those lacking checking or savings accounts. In 2017, 8.4 million U.S. households were unbanked, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:16:27 AM by ZekeSr »

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2019, 01:52:47 PM »

Going cashless is a way to track every transaction a person completes. Likewise, if interest rates were to go negative, as in other parts of the world, it's another way for banks to confiscate someone's "wealth" in a stealth manner. The satanic globalists would love a cashless society!

indianabob

« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »

Yes, I've heard of that process.
You put your wealth in the bank for safe keeping and they charge you 6% a year for the service.

Banks in the former societies may have done that to compensate for the cost of paying protection.
Armed guards to keep the robbers out!
But now we give our earnings to the establishment robbers and maybe they let us keep part of it.
Bob  ::)

lareli

« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2019, 01:46:46 AM »

About 8% of the dollars in the world are physical cash. The rest is just numbers floating through the air from computer screen to computer screen.

It’s already a cashless society. The 8% is just to uphold the illusion that’s it’s not.. and for nostalgia. Imho.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

ZekeSr

« Reply #393 on: July 16, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »

About 8% of the dollars in the world are physical cash. The rest is just numbers floating through the air from computer screen to computer screen.

It’s already a cashless society. The 8% is just to uphold the illusion that’s it’s not.. and for nostalgia. Imho.

Then, in theory, 92% of the world's money could be wiped out "overnight" by a single catastrophic event.

Mike

lareli

« Reply #394 on: July 16, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »

Then, in theory, 92% of the world's money could be wiped out "overnight" by a single catastrophic event.

Mike

Right?

Hence the “illusion”.

Ones and zeroes invisibly floating through the air, giving people worth and value and power. Sounds like magic.. or sorcery.

We work our lives away and we kill and die for those imaginary ones and zeroes.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: July 16, 2019, 12:05:30 PM »

There's a lot of paper gold too: https://youtu.be/zpJLARG-GEc

indianabob

« Reply #396 on: July 16, 2019, 11:51:51 PM »

Interesting story about gold derivatives and so forth, but over my head.
Question: is it presently legal for citizens to own and hold privately gold bullion or coins or either one?
If we have real gold buried in the back yard we have some semblance of protection from abject poverty.
Provided... we can actually spend it for food and shelter and that depends upon whether any one will accept it.
Provided also that the government doesn't find out and confiscate the metal...by court order.
Of course our U. S. government officials would never do that to a loyal citizen. Right?
 ::) ::)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #397 on: July 17, 2019, 09:19:01 AM »

Question: is it presently legal for citizens to own and hold privately gold bullion or coins or either one?
If we have real gold buried in the back yard we have some semblance of protection from abject poverty.
Provided... we can actually spend it for food and shelter and that depends upon whether any one will accept it.
Provided also that the government doesn't find out and confiscate the metal...by court order.
Of course our U. S. government officials would never do that to a loyal citizen. Right?

It is legal to own gold in any form in the US and the US government confiscating the gold is a real possibility. Those who think this is more than a possibility buy gold jewelry and coins which have historically not been confiscated.

The biggest reason to own physical gold or silver is to maintain the same purchasing power if there is serious inflation.

ZekeSr

« Reply #398 on: July 17, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »

It is legal to own gold in any form in the US and the US government confiscating the gold is a real possibility. Those who think this is more than a possibility buy gold jewelry and coins which have historically not been confiscated.

The biggest reason to own physical gold or silver is to maintain the same purchasing power if there is serious inflation.

FDR made it illegal for private citizens to own more than $100 worth of gold in 1933. That lasted until Dec 31, 1974, after which the ban was lifted. There were exceptions like Dennis mentioned. But, yes it could happen again. One of the suggestions I have heard and read numerous times is to own what is called "junk silver"... circulated coins pre 1964 (dimes, quarters, and halves) as they are legal tender, almost pure silver and worth much more than their face value. There is not much chance for confiscation and would be handy for buying/bartering.
Also, like Dennis mentioned, the biggest reason to own precious metals is to maintain purchasing power if there is serious inflation.
Even so, it is only a stop-gap. As there will come a day when nothing of value will matter.

Mike

Wanda

« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2019, 07:14:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.