bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324552 times)

ZekeSr

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »

Mat 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 
Mat 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 

While all of Mat 24 is pertinent, mankind has only been capable of destroying all flesh since the end of WWII. That was over 70 years ago. Who knows how long it will be till then? Days? Months? Another 70 years? Perhaps a lot more?

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 

Mike

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »

Zeke:

If God were causing you to pay attention to the significance of what is happening all around you, in this nation and the world, you would not be in such ignorance.

But so be it.

Dean

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »

Did Jesus not give us very specific signs to indicate the end time?

He gave them to those who would have eyes to see. Who are we to scoff at anyone for what they are seeing , or doubt that God is leading them to specific information that opens new understanding. I cannot dispute the work God is doing in another persons life, regarding end time prophecy. I can only follow where he leads me, and respectfully leave others to do the same.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

octoberose

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 04:25:52 AM »

Normalizing something means it has become acceptable, standard, regular, ordinary, typical, common, average, natural, conventional.

I looked it up.

Correct. But Normal doesn’t mean good. The scripture you quoted doesn’t say ‘woe to those who call evil normal, and normal evil’

Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, the richest company in the world , said
 “ I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me”.

So yes, he believes it is good . 

ZekeSr

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »

Zeke:

If God were causing you to pay attention to the significance of what is happening all around you, in this nation and the world, you would not be in such ignorance.

But so be it.

Dean

If my response was overly blunt, I apologize. But I don’t believe it required your “I’m holier than thou” insult. I would have much preferred to see an explanation of your viewpoint.
As far as my stance goes on hurricanes: There have been over 290 storms that have hit the U.S. mainland since 1851. Only a very-very small percentage have been a category four or five. And despite the media hype and ranting of certain entities with an agenda, there is no substantial proof of an increase in the frequency and intensity of these storms over a period of time beyond a natural 60 – 70-year cycle.

I do not take any of these storms lightly. Michael could be another terrible disaster for those in its path. But we have to be very careful not to make assumptions based on natural events. Galveston in the year 1900 is still the worst loss of life at 8000. That doesn’t mean these storms may not pan out differently in the long run, but one must look from afar to gain the big picture.

Also, I am 68 years old today and painfully aware of national and world events (much to my wife’s chagrin  ::)). I’ve lived through and seen a lot of tumult. And I have watched my nation and the world change right before my eyes. It is not an encouraging picture.
I do believe we are entering the end of the age. And I contend that the morning of July 16, 1945, the day of the first nuclear bomb detonation in the New Mexico desert, could be considered the opening salvo of the end time. But, obviously, the end is not yet. And no man knows when that will be.   

Mike

indianabob

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »

Hi Mike, (ZekeSr)

Thanks for the explanation. Valid points to consider.

One of the things we who's eyes have been opened are supposed to have come to understand is that it really doesn't matter how long the end may take to arrive. I'm 83 and could last another ten years.(?)
But what I know is that a few seconds after I take my last breath, I will awake with our Lord Jesus and that date and time is when I will begin at last to understand more fully whatever it is that I am given to know.

I'm looking forward to my last breaths as the beginning of the rest of my life and I have no fear whatsoever that it will be with our Lord. May that day come soon.

ole, well worn, Indiana Bob  ::)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »

Zeke:

Around one year ago, I posted a great lengthy reply in another thread. That thread was entitled, "Who are the Real Hebrew Israelites today". Mine is the 5th (and 3rd) reply to the original poster of that thread. The proof is there, for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear what God is doing in the natural realm, and not just the primary, spiritual realm of our heavens. I did not go into detail on this current thread out of respect to Dennis, and not wanting anything political mentioned.

I apologize for offending you.

Happy Birthday to you!

Dean

lareli

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 04:00:12 PM »

Ray wrote his thoughts on who the Israel of prophecy is..

“According to virtually all Christian teachers and scholars, when prophecy mentions Jerusalem, Judah, or Israel, it is speaking of literal Jerusalem, Judah, or Israel. For them, if "context, context, context" is the god of theological interpretation, then "literal, literal, literal," has got to be their vice-god. If this is true, then when it speaks of "Abraham's seed," it must mean "literal" bloodline descendants of Abraham, correct? No, NOT correct!”

There’s more in the towers paper.

Maybe reread?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018, 01:06:11 AM »

Thank you lareli for quoting from Ray's Tower paper. It was nice to read that paper, and where he quoted Isaiah 30:25 to try and make sense of a literal tragedy, and his belief that this was a "very specific catastrophe" and "to make public to our readers the prophetic implications of this colossal disaster".

I agree. I believe that event was an omen of things to come, continuing the unfortunate downward spiral of America, evident all these years later.

My main focus is as Ray has taught, to compare spiritual with spiritual. My lesser, but not neglected focus is on any other truth.

Dean

lareli

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2018, 04:06:28 PM »

“Woe to them who call good evil and evil good”

We (society) don’t even attempt to discern between “good and evil” for ourselves anymore.. but instead we discern between “evil and lesser evil” instead. We think the “lesser evil” is “good”. At least in politics. We don’t even try to hide this either.

If I vote for the lesser of two evils then society tells me I’ve done “good”. But I haven’t. I’ve done “evil”.

If I say I will not vote for either of the two evils then society tells me I’ve done “evil”. But I haven’t. On the contrary I have refused to do evil.

This, to me, is calling good evil and evil good.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:25:28 PM by lareli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

ZekeSr

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2018, 10:05:53 AM »

Mat 24:10  And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.

Offended...... I think this is becoming prevalent on every possible level of the definition.

G4624 Offended  skan-dal-id'-zo
To “scandalize”; from G4625; to entrap, that is, trip up (figuratively stumble [transitively] or entice to sin, apostasy or displeasure): - (make to) offend.

G4625 skan'-dal-on
A “scandal”; probably from a derivative of G2578; a trap stick (bent sapling), that is, snare (figuratively cause of displeasure or sin): - occasion to fall (of stumbling), offence, thing that offends, stumbling-block.

It is nearly impossible for anyone to question certain things or publically express any opinion other than that which has been deemed acceptable. Otherwise, someone will be offended. And it matters not whether you hold fast or say you are sorry. Saying you are sorry will not be sufficient. You are to be hated and destroyed. I personally believe this is something that ties in very closely with calling good evil and evil good.

Mike
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:25:47 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2018, 07:21:14 PM »

Isa 2:7  Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:

Over 70 million cars are produced each year. About 192,000 each day.

ZekeSr

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2018, 08:52:32 AM »

Isa 2:8  And their land is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made.

I did a quick internet search and this is what I came up with:

"According to Variety, there are 564 award shows a year. 1.5 award shows a day. They give out 4025 trophies."

Below is a list of what one site has listed as the "35 Competitive Televised Awards Shows":

•Emmys (Rotating: Fox, NBC, CBS)
•Daytime Emmys (Pop)
•Creative Arts Emmys (FXX, starting in 2015)
•Oscars (ABC)
•Golden Globes (NBC)
•SAG Awards (Turner)
•BAFTAs (BBC America)
•Grammys (CBS)
•Tonys (CBS)
•Critics' Choice Movie Awards (A&E)
•Critics' Choice TV Awards (A&E)
•Independent Spirit Awards (IFC)
•MTV Movie Awards (MTV)
•MTV VMAs (MTV)
•MTVu Woodie Awards (MTVu)
•BET Awards (BET)
•BET Hip-Hop Awards (BET)
•Soul Train Awards (BET)
•CMT Music Awards (CMT)
•CMA Awards (ABC)
•Academy of Country Music Awards (CBS)
•American Country Countdown Awards (Fox)
•American Music Awards (ABC)
•iHeartRadio Music Awards (NBC)
•Billboard Music Awards (ABC)
•Kids' Choice Awards (Nickelodeon)
•Kids' Choice Sports Awards (Nickelodeon)
•People's Choice Awards (CBS)
•Teen Choice Awards (Fox)
•TV Land Awards (TV Land)
•Radio Disney Music Awards (Disney Channel)
•NewNowNext Awards (Logo)
•ESPYs (ESPN)
•Young Hollywood Awards (The CW)
•Latin Grammys (Univision)

Mike

yello62

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2018, 07:21:24 AM »

i should have started reading this thread when it was started.  i read a lot of thoughts that resonate with where i am, and what i have been saying for years.  how fascinating to watch the declarations made by The Father through His prophets come to fruition.

one of those declarations has to do with the increase in knowledge. within our lifetimes, the rate of increase in information has been staggering.  i heard, or read something relatively recently related to the volume of information that is produced daily that indicates that it is exponentially greater than that which was produced in all the prior years (i want to say in recorded history, as far fetched as that may seem).

the thing that i continue to point out, or the question i ask of my blinded family and friends, who are amazed at all the whiz bang technology; what has all this knowledge and technology done to truly provide the things we crave?  we desire intimacy, as it is fundamental to our creation.  there is an app that allows people to engage in sexual activity without real relationship being involved.  so now people have more access via technology to sexual liasons, but there is less real intimacy developed as a result.

i am an information technology guy.  i work in an i.t. capacity, and have done so for years.  i am no technophobe, but, i continue to think about the words in ecclesiastes: “Ecc 3:13  And, moreover, anyone of •humanity, That he should eat and -drink and -see good ifrom all his toil, It is a gift of Elohim.” CLT. the ability to enjoy what we have been given is a gift from The Almighty.  it is not dervived from a 75” 4k smart television with all the cable channels available, nor any of the other nonsense that is pitched as “life changing” tech.

we can be thankful to our Creator for the mercy that He has expressed in our lives, that we have the awarenesses that He has given us, and comforted by those same awarenesses knowing that what we are observing is according to His will, and will end with this evil age. 

yello62

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2018, 08:10:25 AM »

The legalization of same sex marriage  did not come about suddenly as some may think, but through years of litigation, resulting in a slow but steady effort to normalize by acceptance.  Reminds me of the frog in the simmering pot.

true story that points out that this was done with intent.

i was married to someone that is an episcopalian.  she decided that we needed to go to a religious retreat that was sponsored by the church that was billed as "A weekend with Jesus Christ".  it turned out that this retreat with Christ, was nothing more than an information session about an upcoming doctrinal change that legitimized homosexuality within the episcopalian church of america.  during the first session of the retreat, the individual that was driving the conversation talked about the different pieces of legislation that occurred over the previous decades to remove any legal barriers to the open practice of homosexuality in the country.  the work was likened to that done of the civil rights movement, where there was a coordinated and intentional strategy developed to dismantle the legal barriers that were in place enforcing jim crow laws. he indicated that, with the legal barriers removed, there was a concerted effort to change the hearts and minds of americans to a sympathetic posture of homosexuality through entertainment and other media. 

i was dumbfounded.  not only at the deception that had been perpetrated on my wife and i concerning the intent of the retreat, but that there was a known attempt at breaking down cultural walls and institutions.  i have come to believe that all of this is at the hand of The Father to fulfill His declarations, but at the time, i was amazed at the unfolding of the event, and how well it dovetailed into scripture.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »

Micah  7 (NIV)

1 What misery is mine!
I am like one who gathers summer fruit
    at the gleaning of the vineyard;
there is no cluster of grapes to eat,
    none of the early figs that I crave.
2 The faithful have been swept from the land;
    not one upright person remains.
Everyone lies in wait to shed blood;
    they hunt each other with nets.
3 Both hands are skilled in doing evil;
    the ruler demands gifts,
the judge accepts bribes,
    the powerful dictate what they desire—
    they all conspire together.
4 The best of them is like a brier,
    the most upright worse than a thornhedge.
The day God visits you has come,
    the day your watchmen sound the alarm.
    Now is the time of your confusion.
5 Do not trust a neighbor;
    put no confidence in a friend.
Even with the woman who lies in your embrace
    guard the words of your lips.
6 For a son dishonors his father,
    a daughter rises up against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
    a man’s enemies are the members of his own household.

This is shockingly close to what we see in society today.

It’s almost as if Micah was watching the nightly news and seeing the content on social media. It’s as if he’s seen the latest movies churned out at an increasingly immoral Hollywood. Each generation is exposed to more and more of the raw brutality, illicit sex, and escalating violence in movies, video games, and sports.

What used to be PG or PB-13 was rated R about 10-15 years ago. That's a pretty rapid Decline , and I can't help but wonder what it will be like in another 10-15 years with things in such rapid descent.

Here in the US, we have cities that are so violent, that it's not uncommon to see bodies in the streets, on a daily basis, and even children walk past them without giving any notice, because It's  become their norm.  Many of our schools are becoming more like war zones instead of learning institutions.

Parents are killing their children, children are killing their patents - husbands and wives are killing eachother to get out of marriages instead of divorcing, and all of it is becoming the norm.

The simmering pot is nearing a slow boil.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Joel

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Joel

ML

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 12:09:24 AM »

What used to be PG or PB-13 was rated R about 10-15 years ago. That's a pretty rapid Decline , and I can't help but wonder what it will be like in another 10-15 years with things in such rapid descent.
Not only that, but people delight in these things. They call it "entertainment." Don't know what is so entertaining about great evils, and encouraging others to do the same.

Along with that, is to talk of the great narcissistic attitude of culture. And the horrible effect it leaves people feeling about themselves, especially younger generations.

Oh, don't forget about today's "music." Don't even get me started on the perversion of Ariana Grande's "God is a woman."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:33:59 AM by ML »

yello62

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »

maybe it is the spirit within, but i have totally lost my taste for the garbage that is put out; movies, television, can't watch sports anymore, i can't even listen to music anymore, and i used to LOVE music.  can't read the papers, can't stomach the nonsense.  don't do facebook because i see it as a bunch of trash, don't do twitter for the same reasons.  i have found myself left with very few things in this evil age; i work, i trade, i read this forum, i watch some youtube stuff by a few folks that teach the salvation of all, and i watch videos about eating a vegan diet.  which, i guess is enough to keep me busy, but...

come, Lord Jesus Christ, come!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:29:32 PM by yello62 »

ML

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 07:04:07 PM »

I find myself feeling the same way, and my distaste for worldly things has only increased, especially lately.

In terms of music, I love music, but I'm okay. Since 99% of mine has no vocals and lyrics, and is less known, don't have to worry about today's evils in music.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.