bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324553 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #440 on: September 24, 2019, 10:50:54 PM »

Friend Bob, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm familiar with the history. After thinking on it a bit I decided to delete my posts.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #441 on: October 05, 2019, 02:30:11 PM »

Isa 3:12  As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

I cannot think of any other time when this was as far along as it is now? (let's try and keep politics out of this)

Rocco

« Reply #442 on: October 05, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »

Isa. 1:7
Your country lies in ruins,
and your towns are burned.
Foreigners plunder your fields before your eyes
and destroy everything they see.

Wanda

« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply. It's taken me awhile to respond for lack of knowing how to, so I waited on God.

I don't wish  to debate the issue over this land dispute, but do want to add some things to consider, regarding God's past dealings in history and the purpose behind them.

Should we apply how God dealt and interacted with his chosen people of that period in history, to the way God is dealing with man today, under the New Covenent of grace, or to anything that is contrary to his reasoning and purpose?

Every dealing and judgement upon man at that time was directly related to God's chosen people, how can we apply any of it to God's wrath on man today?   The world at large does not know the one true God as the Israelites did, nor do the world leaders of this time know him as Pharaoh or his magicians did.  God always revealed himself through his devine power,  as well as making clear to those he was dealing with, the reason he was pouring out his anger on them. That was how he was able to be glorified, by them knowing he was the God of the Israelites and the reason he was wrathful in his dealings with them. Otherwise he would not have been glorified or even known for that matter.

I'm reminded of Jonah, God had raised him up to preach the Word to Nineveh, but Jonah knew the Assyrians would be God's agent of judgment upon Israel, and did not want them to repent and escape judgment. As the story unfolds, Nineveh was spared the judgment of God, and this made Jonah angry, because he knew they would soon come to conquer Israel and deport them to other lands.  In Jonah chapter 4, there is communication between God and Jonah regarding his justified anger in the matter, but the short version is, Jonah was angry because he disagreed with the extent of the love of God.  God's response to Jonah's anger...

Jonah 4

11 “And should I not have compassion on Nineveh, the great city in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not know the difference between their right and left hand, as well as many animals?”

I understand the right hand speaks of mercy, and  the left hand of judgment. The Assyrians did not really know the difference, because they lacked the divine perspective, and so did Jonah, because he lacked the compassion and love that God had for non-Israelites.

I think God is speaking clearly in this matter, regarding how he glorifies himself,  and it's not as man thinks he should, as Jonah himself learned. 

In light of this, how can we attribute destructive acts of nature to God glorifying himself to those who are blind, and would neither know it was from God or see his great glory in it?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:42:42 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:29 PM »

Hi Wanda:

Thanks for your questions. You asked, "Should we apply how God dealt and interacted with his chosen people of that period of history, to the way God is dealing with man today, under the New Covenant of grace, or to anything that is contrary to his reasoning and purpose?"

Well, of course I don't need to go into any detail of how God is dealing with his chosen spiritual people today, in his fiery grace and love in this age. Everyone who is an Elect knows that answer.

However, for the purpose of this thread entitled End Time Prophecies, my basis for making a connection between natural Israel and "this land dispute" is based on many different Scriptures, from both the Old and New Testament, and my belief that God is faithful to all His promises, originally made to Abram, regarding land ownership. Here are a couple of verses which you can reference regarding this old covenant: Genesis 12:7 and Genesis 15:18.

Going to the New Testament, I simply reference Romans 9:1-5, and various verses scattered throughout Romans 11, such as verses 1;2;11;12;14;15 and others.
Paul makes it clear that they are still Israelites, but obviously they are NOT SPIRITUAL Israelites, right? A SPIRITUAL Israelite is an Elect.

Put simply, my belief is that God is enforcing his original covenant with Abram and his seed, which is that the land from the Nile to the Euphrates (Genesis 15:18) belongs to them, and therefore anyone who messes with that covenant is playing with fire, so to speak. And this is why I am carefully watching what is happening in the news.

Regarding ancient Nineveh... God did have mercy on them with the prophet Jonah. Supposedly Jonah spent the rest of his life there, but I read a story a few years ago that ISIS had found his burial shrine in Nineveh and other artifacts, which are located in modern day Iraq, and blew them up for its idolatry.

However, regarding the mercy that was shown to the city, that was not the end of the story for Nineveh. If you read the entire three chapters of the book of Nahum, you will see that God eventually destroyed that whole city in His wrath for its violent dealings and arrogance. That city was occupied by the ancient Assyrians in the last few decades of its existence, who some consider the modern day version of terrorists like ISIS, due to their barbaric cruelty. It's not a pretty picture, and you can see that the wrath of God will be poured out on Nineveh as you read those chapters in Nahum. It was eventually destroyed in 612 B.C. by the Medes and Chaldeans, and its ruins were not discovered until the 1800's. They were "hid", as alluded to in Nahum 3:11.

By the way, there is a minor tropical storm developing in the Gulf of Mexico, but this one shouldn't be too bad.  ;)

Dean

Wanda

« Reply #445 on: October 18, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »

Thanks for your reply Dean.

Yes, I do understand Nineveh was judged later, for not abiding by the laws of slavery, based on biblical law. (Ex. 21:2, 20, 21, 26, 27, etc.).
I think we also must consider, God always  operates under laws of his devine rule. To suggest he kills innocent people not related to a crime, is contrary to his own devine laws of justice. Otherwise, he would be calling into question his own Righteousness.

There is no doubt that under the Old Covenant Canaan was the Promised Land and the inheritance of Israel, but it was not the final fulfillment of the promises of God. What God did in Canaan was only an early pattern of what God intended for the whole world.

What I see throughtout the OT, all of the men of faith sought better promises than what the old land of Canaan had to offer. Was that not the nature of their faith?  Like Abraham, who was a model of faith,  they were all foreigners, even in their own land. Canaan was only a type that served as a temporary inheritance until that which was better would come.

Hebrews 11:

9 By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.10 For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.

13 All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own.

15 And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return.

16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

If these men of faith considered this physicall land of little importance,  why should we consider it important?

From my understanding, the main difference is that while Canaan was conquered by a physical sword under the Old Covenant, the world is to be conquered by a Sword of the Spirit under the New Covenent,.  I believe that would include the  land promised and those living on it today.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 09:00:39 PM by Wanda »

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #446 on: October 20, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »

Hi Wanda:

You have stated, "To suggest he kills innocent people not related to a crime, is contrary to his own divine laws of justice. Otherwise, he would be calling into question his own Righteousness".

Have you never read Luke 13:1-5? Listen to what Jesus says here, very carefully: "There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And he answered them, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”

Jesus gave 2 examples of people that were either intentionally killed (Galileans), or in which they were killed in an accident (Siloam). Jesus knew their thoughts. They were thinking that somehow those people who died "had it coming to them", so to speak. Jesus told them that they, in YOUR words, were "innocent". But in reality, Wanda... Jesus makes it crystal clear that all of them were "sinners" and "offenders". NO ONE is innocent in the heathen world. The only exception is for us Elect, who have BEEN MADE the righteousness of Christ.

The Apostle Paul says in Romans 11:22..."Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off". Those are sobering words, both towards the Jews/world and to every Elect: "IF thou continue..otherwise...".

The Jews in the middle east are what Paul refers to as the natural branches (Romans 11:21,24), who were cut off (for now) so I and other Gentiles would be grafted into the good olive tree (Jesus). Fortunate are we, yes? Why was I chosen? I don't know. I'll share with you all something very interesting regarding those natural branches, a little bit amusing, but mostly sobering. I have seen firsthand how God responds to anyone who boasts against them (Romans 11:18,20,25), and it's a humbling experience for them. I saw one guy (supposedly an Elect) who stated online, "They're not even Jews!" and other ramblings over a short period of time, and you should have SEEN the DRAMA introduced into his life. I had another Elect friend of mine, who I was close to for a while, start forwarding me antisemitic literature, and in the name of the Lord, I told him to stop. Not only did he stop talking to me in email, but he became so bitter that God removed him from ANOTHER forum board. If anyone out there in cyberspace doesn't believe me, try it and see how God responds... Better yet, please DON'T try it.

Secondly, you ask: "If these men of faith considered this physical land of little importance, why should we consider it important?" Actually, I would argue that the physical land, (and the events I am watching!), does have a minor inward spiritual application, which I will discuss later. However, the reason for its significance today is understanding the signs of the times, and just how close we are to the end of this age. The creation of this thread, "End Time Prophecies", is NOT by accident. If anyone in the whole wide world should be watching these developments, it's God's Elect! Babylon is watching these developments, thinking that it pertains to them, hahaha. Sorry for them, but the Lord Jesus has "never known them", and they shall wail and gnash their teeth when they realize they're off to the Lake of Fire. Too bad for them.

Most people viewing this thread understand the precarious nature of the world today, in so MANY different realms. You remember when I said that we are coming up to the 2000 year anniversary of the death, burial, resurrection, ascension, and Pentecost of our Lord Jesus? Remember what Peter said? "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" [2 Peter 3:8]. A friend of mine reminded me of another verse, which is Hosea 6:2..."After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." AFTER two days? Is all of this a coincidence? I speak as a fool.

And by the way... here is another example of what's eventually coming to this world, courtesy of Zechariah 14:16-19: "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles."

Of course those four verses are all primarily spiritual. However, can you tell me... when in history has that ever been literally fulfilled? Did it happen when Jesus walked the Earth (the 1st time)? How about when Jesus walks the Earth a 2nd time? Ahhhhhhhhh  :). And which city is mentioned in those verses? Of course, that physical land has little importance, right?

To summarize my points, God can do with us human beings anything that He wants to do with us human beings, "goodness" and "severity". There is no one, Wanda, in the heathen world who is innocent (or righteous), no, not one. As Jesus said twice in Luke 13.. "repent or perish". Remember how God rebuked Job? "Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge? (Job 38:2). I just had a cousin who died of Huntington's Disease, which is a nasty genetic affliction that leads to a prolonged deterioration and death. Her mother and sister had/have it as well. Why them? I don't know, but I do know it was God's will, and it could not have been any different. She had a good life, until the disease was manifested. God's goodness, and severity, on display. Is God responsible for that situation? Was God wrong to afflict her and her family with that nasty disease?

That piece of real estate in the middle east has a minor inward cleansing application for me, in that I am encouraged and rejoice in watching what is happening, KNOWING HOW CLOSE WE ARE to the end of this age. No matter what developments will be happening in any realm on this crazy planet, I know that the clock is running down, and this knowledge makes me very happy, glory to God. But I also realize, not everyone will believe me. Oh well, not my problem. However, I do intercede for every Elect, every day, that God will cause massive protection for you all regarding these natural events, so every one of you Elect out there are being petitioned for protection, especially as we move closer to The End. As I always say... stay tuned, more to come.........

Dean

Wanda

« Reply #447 on: October 20, 2019, 09:39:43 PM »

Thanks Dean,
My statement about people of  innocence was in relation to God killing people with fires, storms etc. to send a message to a certain person. I've already explained my reasoning so I won't reiterate.

I can see we don't agree on this physicall land, but that doesn't mean I disagree on a future fullfillment of prophecy,  in relation to it.

Its my understanding once God's  glory departs from a certain place,  it never returns. God always does a new thing in another place, and  doesn't put new wine in old wineskins (Matthew 9:17). Hence, the ark was brought to the town of Kirjath-jearim (Hebron), where it remained for about 20 years (1 Samuel 7:2). From there, David took it to Jerusalem (2 Samuel 6:16). Solomon then put it in the Most Holy Place of his new temple.

A few centuries later, Jeremiah told the people that God was going to forsake that house and that place (Jerusalem) “as I have done to Shiloh” (Jeremiah 7:14). Why? Because Judah was guilty of the same thing that Ephraim had done in the days of Eli. They had put away the law, teaching people that they could sin with immunity, because they had been saved and were the chosen people under the covenant with God. Ezekiel saw the glory depart from the temple (Ezekiel 10:4, 19; and 11:22, 23). There is more, but I'll stop here.

Zechariah 14:16-19
Did it happen when Jesus walked the Earth (the 1st time)? How about when Jesus walks the Earth a 2nd time? Ahhhhhhhhh  . And which city is mentioned in those verses? Of course, that physical land has little importance, right?

I don't believe it does, and I have many scriptural reasons for why,  but this seems a good place to agree to disagree I think.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #448 on: October 21, 2019, 02:39:58 PM »

That's fine, Wanda. Agree to disagree. We'll see what happens, eh?  As long as this age (And Thread) continues, I'll keep people posted on the substantial...   8)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #449 on: October 21, 2019, 04:05:46 PM »

Wanda... one other interesting thing... you mentioned in your last post the Ark of the Covenant... Do you know what happened to the Ark in Jeremiah's time?    :)

Wanda

« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »

Hey Dean,
A couple of years ago, I read some people believe  Jeremiah took it to Ireland.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #451 on: October 22, 2019, 09:11:32 AM »

Without taking this thread down a rabbit hole, I am only going to post one more time on the Ark and leave it at that, so we can get back to current events and "End Time Prophecies".

Wanda, I have heard of the Ireland possibility, and also of it possibly having been taken to Ethiopia. However, I also discovered several years ago that there is another possibility. The Babylonians started the siege of Jerusalem in 589 B.C. which lasted at least 18 months, and the famine and death was terrible (2 Kings 25:1-3; Lamentations 4:4-10).

However, using Leviticus 16:14-15 (the key word in those verses is "eastward"), Matthew 27:51, and 1 John 5:8... it's my belief that during this terrible period of time Jeremiah and others hid the Ark using the vast cavern system underneath Jerusalem, for a specific reason known to God, and there it remains to this day, all under the sovereignty of God and His wisdom. If anyone wants more information, you can send me a private message.

This is my last post here on this subject so I can get back to "End Time Prophecies". Thanks!     8)

Rocco

« Reply #452 on: October 23, 2019, 04:41:31 AM »

Found it.  Rev. 11: 19 Then, in heaven, the Temple of God was opened and the Ark of his covenant could be seen inside the Temple. Lightning flashed, thunder crashed and roared, and there was an earthquake and a terrible hailstorm.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2019, 02:52:12 PM »

I just love the book of Hebrews, including Chapter 8 verse 5 and Chapter 9 verse 23. It's such a rich book, in so many different ways.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2019, 10:49:28 AM »

From the Weather Channel's website this morning... "Evacuations in CA as 2 fires explode in size". Coincidence? Stay tuned.......

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »

"Though less than one-hundredth the size of the Kincade Fire, the Getty Fire has threatened areas of Southern California with equally dangerous potential. Located outside of Los Angeles by the Brentwood and Westside communities, the blaze began along the 405 Freeway on Monday morning and has quickly spread. The fire has completely destroyed 12 residences and damaged five.

Officials report the blaze was likely sparked when a dried tree branch hit a power line. In a press conference, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said the ignition of the Getty Fire was 'an act of God.'

“This was, simply put, in plain parlance, an act of God,” Garcetti said.

Thou sayest, Eric G.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #456 on: November 18, 2019, 01:46:13 AM »

Switching gears momentarily... there is so much deception in the world; however, I'm not referring to Mystery Babylon and its various heavenly spiritual components in this unique thread.

The following short video will attest to another example of both deception AND reality in the other heavens.

Anyone wonder how The Lord pulled off Genesis 19:24, with emphasis on "Out Of Heaven"? Those remains are still located in several areas of Israel, all of them up and down the western side of the Dead Sea. (See Deuteronomy 29:23 for the full roster).

Not too long from now, the whole world will see a similar event, plus other wonders. Ezekiel 38:22 will be executed via the Lord's same mechanism.

Behold...

https://youtu.be/qMBix9Ma920

Enjoy the show...

indianabob

« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2019, 09:05:44 PM »

Hi Awesome,
I'm confused by the video.
What is it that we are supposed to see or note?
I see an enhanced cloud formation and the suns reflection from a compound camera lens.
What is a sun dog and how is it formed and detected?
And what has it to do with God's spirit?
Bob

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2019, 03:22:24 PM »

Bob:

Remember when I said there is much deception happening? Take a good look at the comments in that video. I no longer leave comments on YouTube because the Lord encouraged me to stop, though I still give a thumbs up or down when appropriate.

"There is nothing HIDDEN that will not be disclosed, and nothing CONCEALED that will not be made known and brought to light" (Luke 8:17 and Luke 12:2).

And when these PARTICULAR things are eventually "made known and brought to light", then you will see Luke 21:25-26 fulfilled in the natural realm, and you can read in verse 26 what will happen to people...

Did you notice the disappearing act of the object from the 00:28 to 1:04 mark in the video? HA.

Did you notice the black dot in the middle of the "sun" (1:20-1:54)? Did you also notice the incredible white glare, pulsating white light, and odd shape from the "sun"? HA.

By the way, any sun dogs that are seen around that "sun" are not caused by ice crystals. That too is part of this deception. Remember when a sun dog USED to be a rare phenomenon? The answer to your question as to the cause of any current sun dogs is in the comment from 1ndygirl in that video, and also the reply underneath. NASA has been very naughty; they will account for it.

What has it to do with God's spirit? Are you interested in knowing all kinds of truth, both spiritual and natural? Are you interested in knowing how close we are to the end of this eon? There is an excellent chance that this natural eon will be over within 20 years, based on Hosea and 2 Peter. The people in this world are clueless in both the spiritual and natural realms, glued to their smartphones or the 3-5 giant programming boxes in the house. Not me.   8) 

I am excited about everything that's happening. See Luke 21:28. How's that?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #459 on: November 20, 2019, 04:34:54 AM »

I'm going to give the "nice and thoughtful" version of my response.

I saw videos on you-tube taken with crappy cameras and posted over synth music.  Apparently, they were posted (and perhaps even possibly taken) with the intent of convincing viewers that they were witnessing genuine phenomena instead of bad videography (or worse).  DECEPTION is the attempt to cause someone to believe something that isn't true. It's certainly the case that there is a lot of deception going on in the world.  I consider the posting of these videos on you-tube to fall directly under that definition.

EVERYBODY believes some things that are not true.  Most people do so innocently,  and one day all of our weaknesses, childishness, gullibility, and ignorance will be done away with and replaced with God's truth (which makes even our "wisdom" look like foolishness).  LIARS (those who intentionally do deception) will have their place in the Lake of Fire.

I really don't want to post again on this sub-direction of this monster thread.  But if I do, I will not be posting the "nice and thoughtful" version.  This thread started as a call to post scripture that respondents believed pertained to the "end times".  Unless I am grossly misunderstanding its purpose, it was not a call for "prophets" to make claims or pronouncements.  I hope I don't have to elongate and elaborate on that sentence.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 04:05:26 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.