bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 325140 times)

Johnny70

Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2018, 11:49:29 PM »

Wanda,
You deserve a medal, Wanda for being so in tune as to what is going on out there. Thank you for this service, indeed!!! I could truly say a million things that describe such an absolute disgrace about this MOST condemning display of an absence of respect!!! Here is a major Christian  figure, and to us the most significant event ever for mankind's salvation and benefit, trivialized and mocked to unbelief.

As many of the comments below have expressed- if this was Mohammed in such a display - you would have to get a bug out bag and head for the hills. I would only sadly speculate that hardly a word will be said in MSM about this atrocity. In Noah's day there was similar wickedness that Jesus's Father destroyed all but eight souls - after this He might go for ZERO! Jesus said that it would be a time of terminating events so bad that they will never be repeated.
John     

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2018, 06:19:58 PM »

...Jesus said that it would be a time of terminating events so bad that they will never be repeated.

Where did Jesus say that?  How confident are you with that paraphrase?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Johnny70

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »

This is where I believe I have seen these scriptures, Dave. There seems to be a deep meaning revealed? What do you think?

Matthew 24:21-22 Modern English Version (MEV)
21 For then will be great tribulation, such as has not happened since the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be.
22 Unless those days were shortened, no one would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
Mark 13:19-20 Modern English Version (MEV)
19 For in those days there will be distress as has not been from the beginning of the creation which God created to this time, nor ever shall be.
20 “Except the Lord shortened the days, no flesh would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

ZekeSr

« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2018, 09:11:59 AM »

It has suddenly occurred to me how myself and others spend so much time dwelling on the gruesome negative aspects of end time prophecies. And it is quite understandable. How can we not. But there is another aspect to end time prophecy. And I must admit that I'd rather just jump to this part than have to walk the path that leads to it. Nevertheless...

Isa 2:2  And it shall be, in the last days the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow into it. 
Isa 2:3  And many people shall go and say, Come, and let us go to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths. For out of Zion shall go out the Law, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem. 
Isa 2:4  And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 
Isa 2:5  O house of Jacob, come and let us walk in the light of Jehovah. 

Mike

Johnny70

« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »

Yes Mike,
The good news is most over whelming - how can you beat the resurrections - two - one before the thousand years and one after the thousand years. We really should concentrate as Paul says on these events -  Philippians 4:4-9 Modern English Version (MEV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let everyone come to know your gentleness. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with gratitude, make your requests known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will protect your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think on these things. 9 Do those things which you have both learned and received, and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

John
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:25:52 PM by Johnny70 »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2018, 03:07:26 PM »

Mike, when I think of end time prophesy, it's not with the focus of gloom and doom, but a view of hope and deliverance from the barrage of evil that surrounds me, more so now than any other time in my life. Some would say it's always been this bad, and even worse at other times in history, but when God opens your eyes, it's not only to spiritual truth and it becomes impossible to doubt that the decay of morality is at an all time high, as well as declining rapidly. I can see an escalation of decline as a daily norm at this point and conditions in the world are like a run away train   with no hope of rescue, but seeing Gods plan at work is the hope of assured rescue.

Jesus shared these signs of things to come for our comfort, hope and faith,  so that we would rejoice and not have dread and fear to contend with, as the evils become increasingly overwhelming at times. Jesus left us with his peace and for me,  being aware is most comforting and even peaceful at such a turbulent time.

Luke 21:28 )  "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »

Some would say it's always been this bad, and even worse at other times in history, but when God opens your eyes, it's not only to spiritual truth and it becomes impossible to doubt that the decay of morality is at an all time high, as well as declining rapidly. I can see an escalation of decline as a daily norm at this point and conditions in the world are like a run away train   with no hope of rescue, but seeing Gods plan at work is the hope of assured rescue.
I can attest to this.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the birth pains Jesus talks about.

Mar 13:8  because nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes and famines in various places. These things are only the beginning of the birth pains.

1Th 5:3  When people say, "There is peace and security," destruction will strike them as suddenly as labor pains come to a pregnant woman, and they will not be able to escape.

Joh 16:21  When a woman is in labor she has pain, because her time has come. Yet when she has given birth to her child, she doesn't remember the agony anymore because of the joy of having brought a human being into the world.  

Wanda

« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2018, 04:19:06 PM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the birth pains Jesus talks about

It was mentioned in the first couple of pages of the thread.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2018, 04:33:13 PM »

I could truly say a million things that describe such an absolute disgrace about this MOST condemning display of an absence of respect!!! Here is a major Christian  figure, and to us the most significant event ever for mankind's salvation and benefit, trivialized and mocked to unbelief.

I agree John, but when you think on it a bit, they mocked and ridiculed Jesus unto his death. Why should we expect things would be any different in this time filled with so much evil. Still it angers me.

ML

« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the birth pains Jesus talks about

It was mentioned in the first couple of pages of the thread.
I see you mentioned some of the verses I listed, but have not seen anyone try to tie the two concepts together, birth of a child and the sudden destruction yet. Or maybe I missed it.

Johnny70

« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »

Wanda,
When you look seriously at this obviously hopeless planet, we see humans with the nature and characteristics that they were given (Jeremiah 17:9 King James Version - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?) and being driven relentlessly by spiritual powers in high places catalyzed to even greater wickedness. Ephesians 6:12 King James Version - "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". Then the outcome is described perfectly in your comment - "Why should we expect things would be any different in this time filled with so much evil. Still it angers me."
John

Johnny70

« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »

Wanda,
One other important description of our current world that Paul was quite adamite about, 2 Timothy 3:1-9 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
3 And this know thou, that in the last days there shall come perilous times,
2 for men shall be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, evil-speakers, to parents disobedient, unthankful, unkind,
3 without natural affection, implacable, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, not lovers of those who are good,
4 traitors, heady, lofty, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God,
5 having a form of piety, and its power having denied; and from these be turning away,
6 for of these there are those coming into the houses and leading captive the silly women, laden with sins, led away with desires manifold,
7 always learning, and never to a knowledge of truth able to come,
8 and, even as Jannes and Jambres stood against Moses, so also these do stand against the truth, men corrupted in mind, disapproved concerning the faith;
9 but they shall not advance any further, for their folly shall be manifest to all, as theirs also did become.

Wanda

« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2018, 05:49:40 PM »

I see you mentioned some of the verses I listed, but have not seen anyone try to tie the two concepts together, birth of a child and the sudden destruction yet. Or maybe I missed it.

I don't tie them together.  In 1Th 5:3 I see to many variables to be settled in any clear understanding at this time. I here lots of talk about peace, with many in the US thinking Trump is going to accomplish this durring his time in office, but I'm also seeing things that could prevent such an outcome.

ML  if you include these scriptures I think you'll see this reference to the pain of childbirth, and the pain we experience in this world to be similar,  because after this is behind us we will only focus on the joy that replaces any and all pain we endured.

John 16

21  A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:54:21 PM by Wanda »

ML

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »

I was thinking of this like a pregnancy. Sure, destruction and pain have always existed, but now it is increasing exponentially. The closer you get to the birthing of a child, the more and increasing pain there is.

Wanda

« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »

was thinking of this like a pregnancy. Sure, destruction and pain have always existed, but now it is increasing exponentially. The closer you get to the birthing of a child, the more and increasing pain there is.

Yes, but child birth does not culminate in total destruction, does it? I don't believe the end of this age does either.

indianabob

« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2018, 12:56:08 AM »

Hi Wanda,

Seems to me that the end of this age culminates in the destruction of the rule of man to be replaced with the rule of Lord Jesus for God. A transfer of power through removal of evil men and evil spirit and the beginning of a time of peace and fruitfulness.

Tim Krantz

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2018, 02:15:25 PM »

Ineresting article in Nat"l Geographic on the largest earthquake ever recorded that noone felt Nov 11 . The link https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/11/strange-earthquake-waves-rippled-around-world-earth-geology/       Also Theh "Old Faithful" geyser spuwed a reord height spew yesterday.     PS I tried to post this in a new topic, but couldn't find a new topic  button anywhere. My eysight is not the best, so I use enhanced   colors.                                                                                                                                                 

Wanda

« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »

Hi Wanda,

Seems to me that the end of this age culminates in the destruction of the rule of man to be replaced with the rule of Lord Jesus for God. A transfer of power through removal of evil men and evil spirit and the beginning of a time of peace and fruitfulness.

Hello Bob!

This is my understanding as well.

indianabob

« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2018, 11:08:14 PM »

Hi Wanda,

We have similar understanding.
O. K. but after the great war who will remain alive and mortal to be governed?
Will there be a remnant?
I'm sure that the world's banks will be kaput and their leaders removed,
but if all the means of business and production of food is gone how will people survive?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

Porter

« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »

Please forgive the incoming wall of text.

This is where I believe I have seen these scriptures, Dave. There seems to be a deep meaning revealed? What do you think?

Matthew 24:21-22 Modern English Version (MEV)
21 For then will be great tribulation, such as has not happened since the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be.
22 Unless those days were shortened, no one would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
Mark 13:19-20 Modern English Version (MEV)
19 For in those days there will be distress as has not been from the beginning of the creation which God created to this time, nor ever shall be.
20 “Except the Lord shortened the days, no flesh would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

Remembering Christ's words are spirit, I can't help but to think that this is a parable of the "few chosen".

Joh_16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1Th 3:3  That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.
1Th 3:4  For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. 

If I was an Elect, how merciful of Him would it be if He shortened the days of MY "great tribulation"? I believe the tribulation of the Saints is related to judgment, because it teaches Godly character. Judgment through tribulation is training.

Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Some would say it's always been this bad, and even worse at other times in history, but when God opens your eyes, it's not only to spiritual truth and it becomes impossible to doubt that the decay of morality is at an all time high, as well as declining rapidly. I can see an escalation of decline as a daily norm at this point and conditions in the world are like a run away train   with no hope of rescue, but seeing Gods plan at work is the hope of assured rescue.
I can attest to this.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the birth pains Jesus talks about.

Mar 13:8  because nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes and famines in various places. These things are only the beginning of the birth pains.

1Th 5:3  When people say, "There is peace and security," destruction will strike them as suddenly as labor pains come to a pregnant woman, and they will not be able to escape.

Joh 16:21  When a woman is in labor she has pain, because her time has come. Yet when she has given birth to her child, she doesn't remember the agony anymore because of the joy of having brought a human being into the world. 

There is nothing new under the sun. Disasters and bad behavior have always been with us.

I like this guy's take on natural disasters despite the fact he doesn't understand that ultimately all is of God. I mean, we are where we are because of God right?

Anyhow, here's a link and a couple points that he made which got me thinking. Tell me what you think.

https://www.iflscience.com/environment/are-natural-disasters-rise/

Potentially hazardous events do not need to end in a disaster. Disasters occur because of the intersection of hazard with exposed people and assets that are vulnerable to the hazard. They are characterised by a lack of resilience and poor capacity to cope and respond in the affected area. Without vulnerability there can be no disaster.

For me, disasters are a social construct and are about people. I make no apologies for taking such an anthropocentric view.

The big question is does this trend represent a statistical change in the physical occurrence of natural disasters or an increasingly vulnerable global population (or both)?

--------------------

Are people really getting worse? Or is there just more people? If torturing someone is one of the worst things you can do, well then that has been around for thousands of years. Sad I know, but true.

I'm pretty sure your Scriptural quotes are parables also. A woman giving birth is often used in Scripture to represent a Church birthing like children.

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

It's always about the "many called" or the "few chosen" and depending on which you are or what you believe, your "mother" will either be the bondmaid or freewoman.

Gal 4:22  For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23  But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24  Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25  For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27  For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children (many called) than she which hath an husband (few chosen).

Earthquakes, famines, disasters, nations and kingdoms fighting wars, these things have always been with us in a literal sense, so I'm not so sure that these words of Christ and His Apostles are teaching us about literal things. These "events" have got to be happening in the realm or heaven of my heart and mind.

It feels like a literal war sometimes where everything I was is crumbling and falling apart and I'm just screaming NO, STOP IT LEAVE ME ALONE! I'm such a terrible sinner. Who will save me?

Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rev 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8  And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Sorry for going on like this, but spiritually speaking, it's been rough. I don't know ( I really don't) if God is saving me, but if He is then Ray wasn't lying when he said it would be the hardest thing I will ever do. This on top of some of the most disgusting physical ailments I must endure, makes me wish I were dead.

One thing I think about a lot is that if He is not saving me at this time and I find myself in the resurrection to judgment, what could I possibly say? Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. I would have no excuse.

Sorry for the wall of text and going off topic a bit there, but it seemed like what I said was related to "end times prophecies" and what I perceive to be a major upheaval in my life, physically and possibly spiritually. Maybe I'm looking for some confirmation or even a little encouragement, I don't know. My house built on sand in the wilderness is falling greatly and I can't say I like it. Feels like the end times for sure lol.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.