> General Discussions

Strong's Dictionary

(1/3) > >>

Kenneth:
Can anyone please help me?  Ray often quotes Strong's Dictionary with the page number in brackets. I have a Strong's Concordance but the page numbers do not correspond with the relevant page numbers that Ray would quote. Is there a way to get this in electronic format or do I need to get a hard copy? Thank you in advance for any help.

indianabob:
Friend Kenneth,

The numbers in brackets that you mention may be "Strong's Numbers" for each word rather than page numbers where a word is found. Please check a resource guide to using the Exhaustive Strong's Concordance for further help in your searches.

Regards, Indiana Bob

Kenneth:
Indiana Bob I've got this from Ray's material "God judges the world in a pond." : "And the word limen means "a harbor-haven, the fair havens" ( Strong's Greek Dictionary, p. 151)."
My Strong's Greek Dictionary at the back of my Strong's Concordance does not  correspond to the pg numbers that Ray gives as with the above quote.

Kenneth:
This also from Ray's material :"And He [Jesus] is the propitiation [Greek: hilasmos, signifies "an expiation, a means whereby sin is COVERED and remitted" Strong', p. 121] "
My Strong's Concordance has only this for  Strong's #G2434 hilasmos; atonement,  i.e. (concretely) an expiator: propitiation. "
Mine does not have what Ray has quoted from Strong's # 2434 [ "an expiation, a means wherby sin is COVERED and remitted."]
I'm beginning to think that maybe  there are editions for Strong's Concordance and I have probably got an edition. Also my Greek Dictionary does not correspond to Ray's quote of pg numbers 121. Maybe I'm missing something here.

indianabob:
Hi Kenneth,

I have a Strong's in print form and have the word limen on page 151, bottom of third column. Perhaps I can direct you to what you are seeking or help to find a resource on line that you could download.

What is your actual question about the lake of spiritual fire that purifies each of us?

More later, Indiana bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version