bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this Godly?  (Read 10236 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Is this Godly?
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:01:36 PM »

Yeah, I know.  Fellowship by sharing you-tube videos is kinda "face-booky".  But this one I can't help.

Does this sound righteous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKEBygQic0
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: Is this Godly?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »

There are some great things on YT.

Righteous  as a marker of moral goodness, or  slang for "excellent."?

I think its both.

The mans philosophy is , to awaken possibilities,  which he does quiet successfully, by seeing everyone for who they will become, not who they are when he first begins to teach them.  I'm seeing righteous and Godly similarities in this approach.

He opens minds to hidden potential and by doing so he lights up lives, and as the Light of the world God is filling lives with the light of his truth and spirit, allowing us to discover our hidden spiritual potential. The possibilities awaiting us are limitless.

Most excellent!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 03:13:50 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

yello62

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 02:09:42 PM »

if we are defining righteous as that which is confered by God, i would say, emphatically no.  if we are defining it as, “hey, that dude is righteous”, or cool, i would say, dynomite!!!

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »

A little here, a little there ⭐️

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »

Dave, I feel there is more to your question regarding the righteousness of this mans methods, so I have a few questions.

Why did you choose to question the righteousness of it, unless you believe it to be unrighteous?

Is this a trick question?

Are you giving an A to all who comment? :)
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 09:10:32 PM »

Dave, I feel there is more to your question regarding the righteousness of this mans methods, so I have a few questions.

Why did you choose to question the righteousness of it, unless you believe it to be unrighteous?

Is this a trick question?

Are you giving an A to all who comment? :)

Nope.  No trick question. 

If I gave an A only to those who comment, I'm not sure I would be committed to his method.  :-)

I just watched the video in another context, and the question came to me with the thought "we" might have something to say about it. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »

If I gave an A only to those who comment, I'm not sure I would be committed to his method.  :-)

Righteous answer ~♡~

ML

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »

Self Righteous answer ~>:-)~

Well, I'm self righteous too, so we all have something in common  ;)

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 03:36:26 AM »

Great video and great ideas.

This is what God did through His son.
Jesus paid the death penalty so that God could give us all an "A" and challenge us to see the "possibility" in our life as part of the God family.
Set a goal of living for God and if you stumble or fall or come short a few dozen times then exclaim "how interesting!" Perhaps I need help from the master...
Just get back up and start again. There is no end to fresh beginnings.

Jesus set an example for Peter that our Father surpasses greatly. There is no limit to God's love and forgiveness.

Mat 18:21  Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 
Mat 18:22  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. 

Yeah, I know.  Fellowship by sharing you-tube videos is kinda "face-booky".  But this one I can't help.

Does this sound righteous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKEBygQic0

ML

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 12:48:15 AM »

Jesus set an example for Peter that our Father surpasses greatly. There is no limit to God's love and forgiveness.

Mat 18:21  Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mat 18:22  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

That is 490. Who here is graduated to the 491+ level?  ;)

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 04:20:11 AM »

as i was watching the video i too wondered what definition of "righteous" dave was thinking of.  i found it to be an interesting teaching tool, especially with mr. zander being a conductor, and an educator.

about half way thru the vid i started thinking about the seeming, common attitude in the age we live in of "look what I can do by Myself with My positive state of mind".  that attitude seems to me to be very "not righteous". 

with learning the Truth that, we can do nothing of our own selves that is good, without God's gracing our hearts, the attitude of "look what I can do if I just keep a happy, rosy, positive attitude and see the potential in everyone, (instead of meeting them where they are)" is hard for me to reconcile.  It just doesn't sound truly humble to me, even though i found myself smiling and feeling positive the whole time i watched the video (except when he used the expression "Godd#%@").

but then...

i was reading wanda's first post response to dave's question, and was struck by her words...

...seeing everyone for who they will become, not who they are when he first begins to teach them.

and was reminded that is exactly how God looked at, and continues to look at, each of those He calls and chooses.  like Jesus did with those God gave to Him.  and i started thinking about how, as believers, we are exhorted to walk as Christ walked on this earth. 

and then i thought hmmmmmmmm?? 
so is the attitude of "look what I can do, by My decision to change My thinking, to generate positivity and a common goodness" a "Righteous" attitude, in the definition of God's Righteousness,
or a "righteous" attitude, in the definition of "yeah dude, that philosophy is so righteous and rad man"?

i guess i see it like this, it's hard to see true Righteousness in anything mankind as a whole does regarding our being able to exact positive change by just changing our way of thinking.  because it seems to leave God out of the equation altogether.  perhaps though sometimes the God part of the equation is a given, and just never verbalized.  or perhaps most times, in this world, it isn't.

the fact that mr. zander's zeal and positive attitude caused me to smile in agreement SEEMS to be a Righteous agreement of something "good".  but then in the next breath i wonder if it is just an attitude of the flesh trying to pat itself on the back for mankind's righteousness.  the beast trying to sit on God's throne.

i know, i didn't answer your question dave.  sorry brotatochip.

claudia
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:52:02 AM by cjwood »

Wanda

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »

the fact that mr. zander's zeal and positive attitude caused me to smile in agreement SEEMS to be a Righteous agreement of something "good".  but then in the next breath i wonder if it is just an attitude of the flesh trying to pat itself on the back for mankind's righteousness.  the beast trying to sit on God's throne.

Or is it merely a manifestation of God's love?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.