bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannabis being legalized...  (Read 46803 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Cannabis being legalized...
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 01:22:46 AM »

I wonder if maybe what it really comes down to is the motivations, the thoughts and or the intents of the heart? Isn't that where sin starts, in the heart and mind? Not that I think anyone is sinning if they do drugs or alcohol as I really don't care cause it's none of my business. However, I Am very interested in how I process external or even internal information in my heart and mind.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Joel

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »

Jesus has a way of narrowing things down.
Matthew 11:18-For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say , He hath a devil.
19-The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:17 PM »

Hi folks,
A friend sent this article to me as published by Hillsdale College in Michigan. I believe it is helpful in coming to understand the full impact of cannabis on the general population of America.
Please read it as time permits and comment if you wish.

Moderators let me know if the article is approved, thank you.

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/marijuana-mental-illness-violence/

lareli

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »

The miracle of Jesus taking water and turning it into the most dangerous and harmful mind altering drug the world has ever known, teaches me (among many other deep spiritual things) that there is a time and place for consuming the lesser harmful mind altering drugs.

Bob I didn’t read the whole article but I’ve watched several hours of documentaries that address the claims of schizophrenia being caused by marijuana.. it seems to be more complicated than this article leads on... but assuming it were true, how would you think marijuana compares to alcohol in its role in violent crimes, rapes, spousal abuse, child abuse, mental illness, accidental deaths, overdoses, etc? Or how would marijuana compare to alcohol in its reported ability to improve the quality of life in people suffering from depression, ptsd, anxiety, etc?

Has anyone ever heard of alcohol improving the quality of life in people who are suffering?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

John from Kentucky

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2019, 05:44:22 PM »

The moderate use of wine and other alcoholic drinks are blessed by God and the Scriptures.  It is the misuse of alcohol that is condemned.

Which is why the use of marijuana and other illicit drugs is a sin because the users take these drugs to become intoxicated out of their minds.  They feel guilty for their sins so they vainly attempt to justify their actions to others, without success.

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2019, 07:27:09 PM »

This paper Ray wrote could just as well been on Cannabis if one can see the principles. https://bible-truths.com/homosex.htm

Ricky

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »

What goes into the body  does not make it unclean for worship. Booze  drugs  food etc.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

lareli

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2019, 01:28:43 AM »

The moderate use of wine and other alcoholic drinks are blessed by God and the Scriptures.  It is the misuse of alcohol that is condemned.

Which is why the use of marijuana and other illicit drugs is a sin because the users take these drugs to become intoxicated out of their minds.  They feel guilty for their sins so they vainly attempt to justify their actions to others, without success.

Interesting choice of words. “Intoxicated out of their minds”.... “guilty for their sins”...

I take cannabis to go deeper into my mind.. not out of it.

And yes, it does sometimes make me feel guilty for my sins.. and it also leads me to repentance for those sins, none of which are the act of consuming cannabis, as scripture tells us that it’s not what you put in your body that is sin but what comes out of your heart.

Cannabis acts to me as a tool that awakens the judge within. The judge acts like a mirror revealing  ‘me’ (my motives, my beliefs, my intentions, my doubts and insecurities) to ‘myself’.. which will at times lead me to confirmation, revelation or to repentance of sins that lay deep in the subconscious.

Scripture says that repentance is a gift from God. Scripture also says that we should judge and examine ourselves now so that we are not judged later. In this regard, cannabis for me is like a spiritual microscope helping me to examine myself.. are you prepared to call this evil?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:33:03 AM by lareli »

indianabob

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2019, 11:21:35 AM »

Hi Folks,

We need to understand that our freedom has attached responsibilities in regard to others who observe our freedoms and try to handle them carelessly.

Bob

1 Corinthians 8:9
Be careful, however, that your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.

Gal 5:13 For you, brothers, were called to freedom; but do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh. Rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is fulfilled in a single decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”…

= =

lareli

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2019, 12:12:01 PM »

Hi folks,
A friend sent this article to me as published by Hillsdale College in Michigan. I believe it is helpful in coming to understand the full impact of cannabis on the general population of America.
Please read it as time permits and comment if you wish.

Moderators let me know if the article is approved, thank you.

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/marijuana-mental-illness-violence/

Bob the author of the article you linked to was on The Joe Rogan podcast yesterday to discuss/debate his book with a Dr. on the topic.

You get a bigger and more accurate picture of the dangers and misconceptions of marijuana when you get two people from opposing view points to have a 2 and a half hour discussion where they cite scientific and medical studies more than you’d get from reading only an article written by one side.

ML you started this thread asking about the dangers of marijuana. You could listen to the podcast and get a lot of information enough to intelligently form your own opinion. It’s better than reading a couple of anonymous people argue on a discussion board.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHwSmwEwmV4
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 12:14:53 PM by lareli »

Heidi

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »

Having read this post from pillar to post, I would like to ask one thing and that is, "can you stop smoking cannabis or drink alcohol even for a day, a week, a month without withdrawal symptoms?  And if not, has it not become an idol of the heart?  Lust of the flesh and pride of life?

Heidi
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:06:40 PM by Heidi »
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

lareli

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2019, 05:15:56 PM »

Having read this post from pillar to post, I would like to ask one thing and that is, "can you stop smoking cannabis or drink alcohol even for a day, a week, a month without withdrawal symptoms?  And if not, has it not become an idol of the heart?  Lust of the flesh and pride of life?

Heidi

I only drink one cup of coffee a day on my way to work. Not much by anyone’s standards, but if I give up coffee then by day two I will have a nasty headache, poor energy and irritable attitude and it can last for days.. yet every Christian I know is addicted to it. I jokingly refer to coffee as “Christian Crack” sometimes, because caffeine is a drug and these are very real drug withdrawals. But Christians don’t think of themselves as drug addicts. But they are drug addicts if they can’t quit coffee without getting a headache.

Cannabis. At least twice a month I’ll go a couple of days without it just because I get busy with work or family. I get so busy that I don’t even realize that I have gone two days without it until I look back. Never experienced any physical withdrawal or psychological craving. That doesn’t mean it can’t become an idol though.

Physical addiction is a sign that we’re humans and subject to the laws of our biology.. it’s not a sure fire sign of something being an idol though. In my opinion.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2019, 10:06:41 PM »

I live in the province that has the most smokers of pot in all of Canada. It’s also the poorest
province. Make no wonder they are all so laid back.😂😂🤪
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2019, 11:40:58 PM »

Hi Pamela,

I used to smoke cigarettes. :o
I had a routine of smacking the pack on my hand and then flipping up to take a cigarette out of the pack with my lips and then pulling out my Zippo lighter and flipping up the lid with one hand and striking the flint wheel with a snap of my fingers to show my manual dexterity etc. etc. Even did it that way when no one was around to see.

Quit in 1965 because I was so sick with chest cold that I couldn't work.
It felt so much better that I never went back...and I suspect that God had a hand in that.

Today I think that I can understand that some folks want or need relief from pain or tensions etc.
Still cannot however understand why inhaling smoking leaves into your lungs with all the coughing and hacking in the morning when you rise to start a new day. That seems like more of a habit than an addiction, especially when one can take the drug in an oil or pill form to get relief.
What am I missing or misunderstanding?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2019, 12:36:36 AM »

Hi Ibob
I smoked a pack of cigs a day until three years ago. I prayed for help, it was so gross.
I don’t know why I smoked . I started stealing them from my mother when I was
13. I guess I wanted to be cool like my friends and besides , the TV people said it was ok.
Everyone I knew smoked. I quit once for three years. I quit lots of times. I was a professional quitter. After so much of it , it becomes a habit , coffee and smoke for breakfast, plus women were told it helps to lose weight. There were all kinds of excuses . I will quit on Monday.😂😂😂
I used to like the smell of Zippos.😆😂😂
As for weed, well,mostly all my friends were stoners, i smoked it but it always made me
paranoid , but even that didn’t make me quit smoking it. I gradually stopped though.
Our only reason to smoke pot back in those days , to be honest, was to get stoned. It affects
everyone differently I think. People smoke it instead of pill form because it hits the brain faster🤪
so I was told the very first time I tried it. Yep, right to the brain.
Goodnight my friend , sleep peacefully in Christ. ❤️ Pamela

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »

I see the cannabis thread has turned into a confessional 😁

In my experience, cigarettes are much more than a habit. Some experts have reported quitting is harder than getting off heroine. I wouldn't know about that, but I experienced both physical and mental pain from withdrawal by day 3, that was so intense I cried out to God for help.  I started smoking at age 16, because it was the cool thing to do at the time. You know what they say, young and dumb.

I agree with Lareli, caffeine is also addictive, having experienced the headaches, mental fog and general feelings of overall physical pain, when I can't start the day with my favorite cup a Joe. I love it so much I once wrote a poem about it. I try not to think of a time it may not be available, I'll face that demon if necessary I'm sure.

I was 20 before I smoked pot. I grew up in a generation gone wild. Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll, It was the true age of stoners, everything from pot, LSD, mushrooms, cough syrup with codeine, airplane glue, and huffing paint thinner. Not a pretty sight to see so many out of control and wasted people, didn't make me want to participate.  :o

I did finally succumb to smoking some pot though and like Pamela, it made me paranoid, so much so I begged my friends to take me to the hospital. There was a saying at the time, "better to be dead than square ", not me, I was happier being square. Besides, I still had my coffee and cigs. Now it's just coffee.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 04:04:41 PM »

You wrote a poem about your coffee ☕️ 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.
I thought I was weird.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💕❤️🤪

Wanda

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2019, 04:47:30 PM »

You wrote a poem about your coffee ☕️ .
I thought I was weird.❤️

Weird?  Perhaps, but I prefer to think it being clever.

Ode to my Joe ☕

Rich dark and steamy too nothing compares to the aroma of you.

Oh the bliss of you on my lips is like silk
But of course, only if you contain milk.

You always give me a jolt of delight
But alas I cannot consume you at night

I will always be content to share my mornings though
Oh how I love you in my cup Joe.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:53:57 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 05:50:18 PM »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA😂😂😂😂😂☕️ you always give me a jolt  of delight
 But alas I cannot consume you at night, hahaha, that is clever.💕

Wanda

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 05:59:23 PM »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA😂😂😂😂😂☕️ you always give me a jolt  of delight
 But alas I cannot consume you at night, hahaha, that is clever.💕

Haha, but you're right, I am weird.😋
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.