bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannabis being legalized...  (Read 46790 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Cannabis being legalized...
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2019, 01:37:05 AM »

You girls, I mean ladies, are making me blush.

Thanks I guess,  ;) ::)

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »

Check out SPROUTLY ,,,New Water Soluble Technology for cannibis.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lareli

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »

Why is paranoia such a common effect of cannabis consumption?

For myself I think it’s due to a hieghtened sense of consciousness or a heightened sense of awareness of the reality in which I am living and my place in this reality. Ultimately it’s a heightened sense of awareness that I am vulnerable and that I am going to die one day and that day could be today!

For myself if I resist this heightened sense of consciousness/ awareness then the paranoia intensifies.. if I accept It, then I can move on from the sudden revelation of certain death and I can begin to be confronted with other realities about myself that I would otherwise ignore had it not been for this sudden heightened awareness of myself.

I read a poet from the 1800’s describe cannabis as “a magnifying mirror reflecting mans deepest thoughts.” To me, the thought that I am vulnerable to death is the deepest of all thoughts.. all self consciousness, all self awareness begins with this thought. It was perhaps even the very first conscious thought that Adam and Eve experienced!

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »

Lareli,

The conscious thought to which you refer may be found in Gen 3:10 where Adam was afraid of God's presence, but the first conscious thought was likely long before that.
Adam lived for many days before noticing that he was alone and then many days with Eve, enjoying the companionship with her before the temptation. I'm sure that they both had many conscious thoughts pertaining to their existence before God made them aware that they would be dying as described in Gen 3:19 and continuing.

Indianabob

John from Kentucky

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2019, 12:22:13 AM »

I am getting sick of the open acceptance of sin by many who post on this topic.

It is an unacceptable sin to rely on taking illegal drugs instead of relying on the Spirit of God.

Enough is enough on this foolishness.

The Church in Corinth accepted a member who had sex with his stepmother.
The false members wanted to show how much fake love they had by accepting the sinner in their midst.  Paul had to kick some rear ends to correct that problem.

It makes me ashamed to be a member of this Forum that accepts sin.

What a poor example we are setting for those new and weak in the faith.

Would Ray have put up with this nonsense?

I am a sinner, but I don't ask others to accept my sins as good.

Thousands of websites I can go to to learn untruth and lies.

Enough is enough.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2019, 12:41:46 PM »

1Ti 5:23  Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

A 'little' wine means just a little, not a lot. Why? Because we do stupid things when we are not in control.

Physicians are mentioned many times in the bible so I don't think every medication is wrong.

But I know you will pay the price for anything that raises serotonin in your brain because when you get off the drug you are more depressed than when you first took the drug.

I don't have a problem with marijuana when used as a drug if it does not get you high.

"A powerful new form of medical marijuana, without the high"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/a-powerful-new-form-of-medical-marijuana-without-the-high/2016/12/29/81bbf7c0-b5b2-11e6-b8df-600bd9d38a02_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f3ccb65fbcba

I cannot speak from experience about Cannabis. But if it alters your mind that's not a good thing. Especially if it opens your mind to outside forces.

The bible does not speak kindly about sorcery and pharmakeia.

indianabob

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »

Well said Dennis and helpful for our better understanding.
Thanks, Indianabob

indianabob

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2019, 02:15:34 PM »

Hi folks,
As long as we are discussing practicing Moderation in all things, you may find this article helpful to our understanding.
I cannot vouch for the author's facts, but from my own experience they seem reliable.
Bob

http://branscome.org/Wine.htm

= = =

1Ti 5:23  Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

A 'little' wine means just a little, not a lot. Why? Because we do stupid things when we are not in control.

Physicians are mentioned many times in the bible so I don't think every medication is wrong.

But I know you will pay the price for anything that raises serotonin in your brain because when you get off the drug you are more depressed than when you first took the drug.

I don't have a problem with marijuana when used as a drug if it does not get you high.

"A powerful new form of medical marijuana, without the high"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/a-powerful-new-form-of-medical-marijuana-without-the-high/2016/12/29/81bbf7c0-b5b2-11e6-b8df-600bd9d38a02_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f3ccb65fbcba

I cannot speak from experience about Cannabis. But if it alters your mind that's not a good thing. Especially if it opens your mind to outside forces.

The bible does not speak kindly about sorcery and pharmakeia.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »

One of my brothers suffered with crippling depression as a result of smoking marijuana almost everyday as a teen. Before this, he was one of the happest outgoing people I knew. Once in his mid 20's it had altered the way his body naturally  produced serotonin, leaving him with depression so bad he wanted to die. He eventually reached out for professional help,  and was given psychotropic drugs, that worked temporarily, but they just reduced the serotonin production even more.

When he was 36, he could no longer endure the emotional darkness that had become his life , and he killed himself. My nephew is battling the same issue. There are millions of people, who are not able to cope with the harsh realities of life, turning to these drugs to cope, is only making things worse for them  unfortunately. For me, there was nothing worse than seeing the pain on the faces of loved ones, who believed death was the only way out. Now I'm  faced with the possibility my nephew might take his life as well.

Trying to defend the use of a drug that can and does have the ability to devastate lives, is in my opinion,  done without accepting all the facts. All of these drugs that affect the bodies natural ability to produce serotonin are dangerous.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:26:33 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »

In addition.

Marijuana—At low doses, marijuana increases serotonin levels. Paradoxically, at high doses, it causes a major serotonin depletion, making it more likely the user will need antidepressants. It is also important to note that when marijuana is smoked it is difficult to accurately measure the dosage.

https://www.northpointrecovery.com/blog/serotonin-syndrome-much-good-thing/
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »

2Co_5:13  For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
1Th_5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th_5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Ti_3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti_3:11  Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
Tit_1:8  But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
Tit_2:2  That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
Tit_2:4  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit_2:6  Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
1Pe_1:13  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe_4:7  But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
1Pe_5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

My experience with marijuana is neither broad nor deep, but I've known enough people to whom it has been to know that the "failure to get high" is not the desired effect. 

Be not drunk with wine (nor high on marijuana) but be filled with Holy Spirit. 

Whatever benefits we might allege as young people (true, or simply as justification) can really only be seen in hindsight...even if that hindsight occurs the next morning.  I "learned" everything I needed to know about and from being high the first time.  Decades later, I still have enough sense memory to "relive" those moments without "reliving" those experiences, should the need arise.  Time to move on.  It was what it was.  But now is a new adventure, and one to be faced soberly.

We're all going to do what we do until we don't any more.  If it's good (and sobriety is) than better sooner than later.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

lareli

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »

Lareli,

The conscious thought to which you refer may be found in Gen 3:10 where Adam was afraid of God's presence, but the first conscious thought was likely long before that.
Adam lived for many days before noticing that he was alone and then many days with Eve, enjoying the companionship with her before the temptation. I'm sure that they both had many conscious thoughts pertaining to their existence before God made them aware that they would be dying as described in Gen 3:19 and continuing.

Indianabob

Maybe you’re right but I’m not so sure Bob. After all their eyes were not even open until Gen 3:7.

Sure, prior to them disobeying God they had ‘thoughts’ but that doesn’t at all mean that they were self aware.

Their first ‘eyes open’ thoughts were realizing that they were vulnerable (naked) to death. Not just that they were vulnerable (naked) to death but that death was a foregone conclusion. No matter what happens in their temporary life, it will ultimately end in death.

You said Adam enjoyed companionship with Eve prior to Gen 7. How so? His eyes were closed. He had no contrast of good and evil, but you think he had joy which would mean he had to have contrast of joy and sorrow? Remember it was God not Adam, who said it is not good for man to be alone. Adam didn’t suggest it nor (consciously) desire it.. at least not in the scriptures.

Was it ‘good’ or was it ‘evil’ for man to be self conscious and self aware..

indianabob

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2019, 02:54:50 PM »

Dear friend Lareli,

Appreciate your reply.
Personally I had lots of "thoughts" about girls, women, adventures of many kinds before I found and married my lovely wife.
Then many of my thoughts were able to be expressed toward and with her.
I didn't have my spiritual eyes opened until many years after marriage and children and life in general.
So frankly I'm not sure I understand what you mean about Adam not being self aware.
It is not like they took the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good/evil the next day after Eve was awakened, was it??

Please explain further if you wish. Thanks, bob

lareli

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2019, 10:21:18 AM »

Dear friend Lareli,

Appreciate your reply.
Personally I had lots of "thoughts" about girls, women, adventures of many kinds before I found and married my lovely wife.
Then many of my thoughts were able to be expressed toward and with her.
I didn't have my spiritual eyes opened until many years after marriage and children and life in general.
So frankly I'm not sure I understand what you mean about Adam not being self aware.
It is not like they took the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good/evil the next day after Eve was awakened, was it??

Please explain further if you wish. Thanks, bob

I’ll try Bob, but honestly I’m working out my own thoughts as we move along in this conversation.

A question of my own that maybe you could help with is.. In the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, what does the knowledge of good and evil symbolize if not consciousness itself?

Before your spiritual eyes were opened you were still aware of the fact that you were going to die weren’t you? Adam was not aware that he was mortal until he ate the fruit. Do you think he was actually immortal before he ate? Remember he hadn’t ever eaten from the tree of life to “live for ever”.

He didn’t have reasoning capabilities to even know he was mortal. Even animals know they are vulnerable to death and animals aren’t considered to be self aware, self conscious beings.

Correct me if Im wrong but Ray taught that Adam was always mortal and never ‘perfect’ and immortal before eating the forbidden fruit, correct? Can anyone post the link to where Ray talked about this?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2019, 10:51:58 AM »

Hi Largell
Hope you are well. The subject you are looking for is in the audio . What is Gods will for you.
I just happened to listen to it last night.

In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »

Just saw this: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/03/19/704948217/daily-marijuana-use-and-highly-potent-weed-linked-to-psychosis

Thanks Dennis! 

My nephew suffered with three episodes of psychosis in one year. During one of those he ran away and was missing for almost three months before being found. He was terrified and had been hiding in a shed on an elderly  women's property. We could never figure out what had suddenly caused these psychotic  issues, and this info has been most helpful.

lareli

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »

I am getting sick of the open acceptance of sin by many who post on this topic.

It is an unacceptable sin to rely on taking illegal drugs instead of relying on the Spirit of God.

Enough is enough on this foolishness.

The Church in Corinth accepted a member who had sex with his stepmother.
The false members wanted to show how much fake love they had by accepting the sinner in their midst.  Paul had to kick some rear ends to correct that problem.

It makes me ashamed to be a member of this Forum that accepts sin.

What a poor example we are setting for those new and weak in the faith.

Would Ray have put up with this nonsense?

I am a sinner, but I don't ask others to accept my sins as good.

Thousands of websites I can go to to learn untruth and lies.

Enough is enough.

Wow. So consuming cannabis is like having sex with your step mother? That is your judgment and your “example” for those new and weak in the faith? You do realize that there are pot smokers among those new members don’t you?

I don’t think this issue is so black and white as you make it. Some people should not use cannabis while others may benefit spiritually as I have. God has blessed some and cursed others using the same tool and you do not approve of His ways.

If anyone can site where Ray taught that even Satan will be saved, I would be most appreciative as I believe this shows that nothing is black and white. If there is anything salvageable in Satan.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:52:57 PM by lareli »

indianabob

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2019, 10:10:47 PM »

Hi again Lareli,

Not sure I understand all of the terms being used in this discussion so take my words with a teaspoon of sugar to sweeten them. (smile)

1. True, there is nothing salvageable in Satan. God will give Satan a new heart or basic composition; after Satan is corrected as an example to the celestial realm. (?) As you may agree, there is NOTHING impossible for our God.

2. Similarly there is nothing salvageable in me either.
When God changes me/us to spirit composition all we will have of the former self is whatever memory God allows to retain.
My birth date and my wedding anniversary for sure... ::)

There is nothing we have accomplished in this life that is worth saving. No one gets reward based upon their accomplishment.
Because it is completely God's accomplishment IN us.

Hey, we don't even know what type of vessel God is forming us into.
We may be interned/trained for something really high above our expectations.
I'm keeping in mind that even Celestial beings will be amazed and thrilled at what God has made of me. ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2019, 11:03:36 PM »

A good ending place.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.