bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannabis being legalized...  (Read 46781 times)

ML

Cannabis being legalized...
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »

Since Cannabis is being legalized in Canada in about a week, how should it be dealt with? I have no intention of using it, but I know people like their money, and expecting a lot of people to eat this stuff up.

Do you think if someone has problems, causing them pain, etc. they can use it safely? Or is that a myth?

We cannot play the "its not legal" card anymore, because now it is.

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Cannabis being legalized...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »

[
quote]Since Cannabis is being legalized in Canada in about a week, how should it be dealt with?

Dealt with how,  could you be more specific?
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 04:38:47 PM »

[
quote]Since Cannabis is being legalized in Canada in about a week, how should it be dealt with?

Dealt with how,  could you be more specific?
For example, if someone asks you what you think about using Cannabis. Or, if you know of people interested in using it, but it may not be as safe as what the government claims.

yello62

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »

having used marijuana as recently as last september, and having used it on and off since i was a teenager, i would say that it is not something that is conducive to a strong mind, but neither is alcohol.  both can be abused to the point of destroying a life, and we know that God gave wine and strong drink for the purpose of making the heart glad, and for celebration.  i would say weed might be a little different, especially nowadays, as it has been grown to 1) be very powerful and 2) have psychotropic properties that are also very powerful, and, quite frankly, dangerous to the mind, imo.   there are strains that are bred specifically for medicinal purposes, that have lower thc properties and therefore do not have the same psychological effects.  those strains are used for inflammation, pain management, tumor reduction, those kinds of things.  the literature on the use for that is growing and mostly positive,  i have though about using that strain, as i cannot use most pain medication, as my kidneys are failing, and pain meds, specifically the NSAID class, damage the kidneys.

does any of this help?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:31:43 PM by yello62 »

ML

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »

Thanks Tony.

But, still wondering. Is the "medical" kind more harmful than what most think today?

yello62

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 08:04:44 PM »

i have talked to people that use the cannabis directly bred for pain.  they have none of the feelings that you would expect when partaking of weed that is intended to create a “buzz”.  it was why i considered using it.  i cannot afford that at all, but need something to manage my pain when it gets bad.  right now, i am using nothing to mask the occasional pain.  i also have other issues that are priority right now that may not afford me the opportunity to use the product. 

John from Kentucky

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »

Dope is Dope, whether or not some government says it is legal or O.K.

If you use Dope, you are a Dope Head.  End of Story.

When Jesus was dying, He was offered some Dope on a stick to dull his pain, but He refused it.
But how many care what Jesus did?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »

Medical marijuana didn’t help any of my friends who were sick. It apparently was not potent
enough.
The use of recreational marijuana use is all about the money. No different than alcohol or cigs.Lust
Of the flesh.
It’s starting to cause problems already and going to be chaos. Edibles include gummy bears
and a child has already overdosed on them and is in hospital. Some dogs have gotten sick
from eating pot and a child was expelled from school for smelling of pot, his parents.
The cops have no test to give high drivers except their own opinions and the cops now want to know when they can smoke it themselves. All ten provinces and three territories have their own laws and some allow smoking pot in public places. It’s so ridiculous. But then again it is Canada.
Where the laws made in the dark are made to uphold the lifestyle of every discusting sin . It’s a swill of a place.

Rom.1:32
Though they knew God’s decree that those who practice those things deserve to die,
they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 02:39:20 AM »

When Jesus was dying, He was offered some Dope on a stick to dull his pain, but He refused it.

= = =
Mat 27:48  And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. 

I sort of doubt that vinegar would dull Jesus' pain.
It was more likely to insult him.
Bob

ZekeSr

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »

It’s like anything else. There is good use and misuse. Industrial hemp has been used for thousands of years. It was spun into fibers as far back as ten thousand years ago. It is actually one of the most useful plants on the planet. And yes, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp, but it is highly doubtful that they ever smoked it. It wouldn’t have gotten them high if they had. The THC level is way too low despite the fact that it is the same plant. Marijuana has been bred to get people high.

When hemp was made illegal in the U.S. back in 1937 it was for reasons that had nothing to do with public health and everything to do with politics and money—a story too long to explain here. But in order to demonize it they knew they couldn't call it hemp. The people were too familiar with it. So they started calling it Marijuana, which was the little-known Mexican slang for the version that gets you high. And just like any other forbidden fruit, it caused awareness and temptation to spread. Canada followed in 1938 as part of an ‘international’ effort. An unfortunate blow to the U.S. and Canadian farmers who were the real victims at the time. Hemp has been imported ever since.

The only time hemp was allowed to be grown in the U.S. was during WWII for the war effort.

I’m sure there will be truly good medical (and further industrial) uses found. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But it isn’t the panacea that is being touted at the moment. Also, the medical uses that are being examined have, for the most part, very little to do with the psychoactive elements of the plant.

Mike

John from Kentucky

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 10:05:33 AM »

= = =
Mat 27:48  And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.

I sort of doubt that vinegar would dull Jesus' pain.
It was more likely to insult him.
Bob

You need to study more I Bob.  Read Mark 15:23.  That stuff they tried to give Him was meant to dull the pain.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »

Hi John,

You are correct. I didn't see that although I did find in Mark 15:36 the following.

And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down. 

That is why I took it to be a taunt rather than a benefit to help his suffering.

Thanks for your help, I-bob

John from Kentucky

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

Hi John,

You are correct. I didn't see that although I did find in Mark 15:36 the following.

And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.

That is why I took it to be a taunt rather than a benefit to help his suffering.

Thanks for your help, I-bob

Yeah, those were two separate events.

The vinegar on a stick was near when he died.

The Mark 15:23 thing was earlier.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »

ML, I'll address your question on the dangers of using marijuana for medical purposes.

I researched this when my sister was diagnosed with cancer and seriously considering the recommended Chemo Therapy treatment. Unfortunately she was a mere 91 pounds by the time she was to receive her first of 12 doses, and it was obvious to us both,  she would not have survived the first dose.

The worst side affect of Chemo is nausea  and loss of appetite,  resulting in huge weight and muscle loss. This is often what kills cancer patients receiving this type of treatment.

If you can stave off these affects the survival  of treatment is more successful than doing nothing.

Some cancer patients use it to controll nausea from the affects of Chemo Therapy  and also to increase appetite, but it is not smoked as that is an ineffective method of treatment.

1 gram each of CBD oil and RSO oil (THC) per day, distributed in three pills, is very effective in combating the harsh affects of nausea and subsequent loss of appetite, that results in weight and muscle loss.  As for the dangers of this type of treatment,   the research clearly shows this is far less dangerous/toxic to the body than Chemo.

I'm sure there is research about other medical conditions that it's being prescribed for, but I haven't searched, however I did see evidence of skin cancer being healed with CBD oil, that was applied directly to the skin lesions.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Stacey

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »

“Dope is Dope, whether or not some government says it is legal or O.K.

If you use Dope, you are a Dope Head.  End of Story.”

I reckon I’m a dope head.

I do take high blood pressure dope and I also use an asprin every now and then. Oh, its “leagal” dope but dope it is as well as any so called “medicine”. 

Stacey

octoberose

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 04:30:30 AM »

We live in Colorado and marijuana has been legal here for a while now.  The problems have been things like increased homelessness because people were coming here for the drug with no job, some industries have a hard time filling jobs because they still drug test, police have to figure out what the legal limit is, and some people have died while ingesting pot baked goods ( the truth). The upside is for now all our property values have increased , children  have had access to a drug that stop or dramatically decrease seizures so their parents have moved here just for that ( no THC involved ). , the freedom to use marijuana medically is up to the individual and frankly if I was in chronic pain I would choose a plant God made over a chemical in a lab, medical marijuana has been shown to have a postive affect on cancer cures ( watch The Sacred Plant) , and lastly my husband uses an ointment with CBD in it for pain on his leg since surgery last year and he swears by it.
I hope this helps a bit .

ZekeSr

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 08:25:08 AM »

In order to keep himself going while in great pain from his cancer, much to our benefit, Ray was on morphine and ibuprofen for quite some time.
Too bad. I guess he died a dope head.

I repeat my statement from a previous post: "It's like anything else. There is good use and misuse."

Mike
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:28:49 AM by ZekeSr »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 03:50:15 PM »

Legal marijuana is two separate business models.  One is selling THC.  That's what gets you high.  Marijuana, in that model, is simply one of several THC delivery systems.  Their horticulturalists produce strains aimed at increasing THC in the plant.  It is a naturally occurring chemical amped up to grossly unnatural levels.

As far as I know, THC has no medicinal uses.  It is the other main chemical (CBD?) that has the effects looked for as medicine.  It doesn't get you high.  In smoking a joint to access CBD, the effects of THC would be a side-effect.  Medicines typically try to minimize side-effects.  Let's see what the "industry" does.

If I am wrong and THC DOES have some recognized medical benefits, then to inhale smoke seems to me to be a rather poor way to get at it.

Legal Pot outlets are selling THC.  Pure and simple.  Same as illegal pot outlets.  It's why they've raised/bred their product.  People using their product for reasons other than the ones THEY have, are misusing it.  It's how they tout their product.  And it's how and why they market their product. 

I don't yet know what medical marijuana dispensaries are selling. 

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 04:02:02 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »

In order to keep himself going while in great pain from his cancer, much to our benefit, Ray was on morphine and ibuprofen for quite some time.
Too bad. I guess he died a dope head.

I repeat my statement from a previous post: "It's like anything else. There is good use and misuse."

Mike

My comments did not apply to the medicinal use of substances recognized by true physicians.

But there are those who twist words for their own purposes.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 08:35:59 AM »

Read the sticky at the top of the off-topics forum, please.  I'm unable to post a link on my phone.  We will not tolerate put-downs any longer.  If it persists, it will be dealt with.  My personal apologies for allowing it to persist as long as it has.

If a brother be overtaken in a fault (even on this webforum) restore such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself. 

So, then, consider thyself. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:16:51 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.