bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannabis being legalized...  (Read 46784 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Cannabis being legalized...
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 02:32:09 AM »

I have used medical marijuana off and on many times in the past.  I am on disability for several chronic pain and spinal disorders, as well as depression.  Say what you want, it DOES work for pain management.  Since I live in Texas, the only condition that one could obtain a medical marijuana card for is epilepsy. Therefore I am unable to utilize it daily.

I have gone to God, my Father, in prayer often regarding my use of marijuana, instead of pharmaceutical pain medications.  I used to go to a pain clinic several years ago.  They put me on Fentanyl, Vicodin, Lyrica, and Cymbalta.  I felt no pain, however, I felt nothing else either.  I was in a daze most of the time and actually fainted once in my garage while home alone, due to the Fentanyl patch.  Thank God my dog was with me and I came to with her licking and my face and pawing at me.   I walked away from the pain clinic and started going to a holistic chiropractor.  That became so expensive I had to stop going.  It really didn't truly help me unless I went a few days a week.

Then a family member from California came to visit and let me try their medical marijuana which they had gotten legally due to their personal medical condition.  I know that after partaking I didn't think about my pain.  Not from being high, though I could feel the THC effect, but as if it just shut down the pain signals to my brain.  It didn't mask the pain like all the prescription meds I had been on from my pain clinic docs.  I was able to do chores, and even work in my yard without pain or exhaustion, while at the same time being careful not to overdo the physical activity.  I take CBD oil and have been doing so for the past 5 yrs.  It helps with alot of my medical issues.  It works in a different way than medical marijuana due to the CBD oil not containing any of the THC.

I even bought CBD oil for one of our past forum members, John Chris who was suffering with ALS.  He told me that he noticed improvement which made him very hopeful.  However, when he had to go into nursing home care due to a couple of personal reasons, the caretakers would not allow him to bring the CBD oil with him.  He was very upset about that, but knew that all is of God.  Our brother succumbed to the disease and passed away in the nursing care facility. 

Say what you want about marijuana, it does help with pain and even nausea.  I am living proof.  Done in moderation, according to the dosage, depending on your medical condition, it works very well.

All is of God.  He knows my heart.  He is my judge.

Love in Christ,
claudia
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:40:15 AM by cjwood »

lareli

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 04:19:58 PM »

Weed causes me to evaluate myself from outside of my ego. It has served me well as a tool to identify and deal with issues ranging from anger to ignorance. Has made me more forgiving of others. A better, more patient husband and father.

It played a tremendous role in the opening of my eyes to the folly of the worlds church. It has been a tool that God used to eventually lead me to the truth found on this site.

But it’s only a tool (in my opinion). And just like any tool it can be used for good and bad.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »

I've used Cannabis for over 25 years and I’m not ashamed of that in anyway .....end of story!!!
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

John from Kentucky

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 10:39:03 PM »

I have found that the Spirit of God and Scriptures give me a high.

God has blessed and guided me all my life.

Does anyone know what the Scriptures say about obeying the laws of the government that God has subjected you to?

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 11:32:25 PM »

Pretty sure there is, something about obeying those that God puts over us - cant quote it but I think you’re right
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 10:42:25 AM »

I’ll say Rom.13:1-7, sorry ,can’t type out. Carpal Tunnel 😖❤️ And crappy I Pad.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Jennalyce

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »

I believe anything can be abused and I also know that what God created to grow, "the herbs of the field"....can be very beneficial for pain. I have witnessed the result of that. As long as in moderation.... I think it is fine.

yello62

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 01:17:20 PM »

God has blessed and guided me all my life.

Does anyone know what the Scriptures say about obeying the laws of the government that God has subjected you to?

the apostle paul admonishes us to be subject to all authority as far as we can without disobeying God.  while it is true that marijuana is still illegal for consumption in the majority of the united states. there are many places that allow both recreational and medicinal usage.  i think the question at hand is whether in those places where the usage has been legalized, we feel comfortable using.  as i believe i have articulated previously, i don't find the recreational use of any value myself, but that is also true of alcohol.  i have considered using the CBD derived product for pain, as i have kidney damage that precludes me from using other pain meds.  yesterday would have been a good day to have some on hand, as i was in a fair amount of pain all day, and had trouble sleeping as a result.  i toughed it out, because i have not pulled the trigger on the CBD purchase, but came awfully close to doing so because of my pain.

lareli

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »

The law I follow is the one written on my heart. I’m a free man sir.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

cjwood

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 04:44:49 AM »

Ok John, I don't evidently get a high from the Spirit of God and His holy Scriptures like you do, but I do get peace and comfort, and instruction in righteousness. And many times I get convicted in my heart.  I also see that you are the same old JFK, always trying to say, in between the lines of your posts, that you are holier than most of us on this forum, no matter how long we have been here and studied, and continue to study the essays by Ray and studying the Scriptures with the Spirit of God guiding and teaching us. You still judge by not actually coming right out and saying it, using sarcasm or humor.

Also, the Scriptures do say in Romans 13 that we are to submit/be subjected to the governing authorities.  God has put them in the positions they are in.  So, it is ok for believers to utilize marijuana, if they feel a need, in those states in this nation where it is legal for medical, or even recreational purposes, because they would be subjecting themselves to the authorities and laws of the land.  How do your square up your Scriptural argument with that?  And, how do you justify that in this nation where almost half of the states have legalized marijuana in one form or another, but the other (more conservative) states have not okayed it for their people?  So if I'm a believer in one of the legalized states and utilize marijuana for chronic pain management, or anxiety, or depression, etc. I am subjecting myself to the authorities and powers that be and everything is copacetic.  But, my brother or sister in a state in this same nation, who may desire to use marijuana for chronic pain management, or depression, or anxiety, etc. they would be judged by you and other believers who are against marijuana in any shape or form, for any reason.  But you are free to drink alcohol, or even smoke cigarettes, just because this nation says they are legal even though both of those substances have been proven to be detrimental to life and health. 

That makes no sense. No matter how much anyone in this whole country tries to say it does. 

As I said in my original post response to this thread, God knows my heart, He is my judge.  This is not a subject I take lightly and one I have prayed about.

God still works in mysterious ways.
All is of God.

claudia

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:59:54 AM by cjwood »

Stacey

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 06:27:58 AM »

Amen Claudia! God is our Judge and knows our hearts.

In Romans 12:2 Paul tells us to not be conformed to the pattern of this world.

United States Government, local governing offices and civil governmental rulers are of the pattern of this world.

Do we then get into Romans 13 and think Paul has had a change of mind and there is informing us to submit to the pattern of the world?

Paul is no more informing us to submit to governmental “rulers” than Lucifer is the name of Satan.

Which by the way, Satan has authority, he is the god of this world, should we submit to his authority? Nonsense.

Some good questions I found looking deeper into Romans 13,

Did Moses violate God’s principle of submission to authority when he killed the Egyptian taskmaster in defense of his fellow Hebrew?

Did Elijah violate God’s principle of submission to authority when he openly challenged Ahab and Jezebel?

Did David violate God’s principle of submission to authority when he refused to surrender to Saul’s troops?

Did Daniel violate God’s principle of submission to authority when he disobeyed the king’s law to not pray audibly to God?

Did the three Hebrew children violate God’s principle of submission to authority when they refused to bow to the image of the state?

Did John the Baptist violate God’s principle of submission to authority when he publicly scolded King Herod for his infidelity?

Did Simon Peter and the other Apostles violate God’s principle of submission to authority when they refused to stop preaching on the streets of Jerusalem?

Did Paul violate God’s principle of submission to authority when he refused to obey those authorities who demanded that he abandon his missionary work? In fact, Paul spent almost as much time in jail as he did out of jail.

The common church teaching for Romans 13 is that Paul is informing us to submit to the governmental rule of this world. Since when do we here in this forum accept the common teachings of christendom?

I suggest more study on Romans 13 for anyone that thinks the common interpretation of submitting to governmental laws and rulers, is the correct understanding of what Paul is saying there.
Stacey

John from Kentucky

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »

Claudia,

I am not a righteous man.  I know my own heart as does God.  I sin every day.  My only hope is Jesus, the Savior and Anointed King.

Sorry if I have offended you.  I would make it better if I knew how.

John

cjwood

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »

You already made it better JFK by your kind words.  I love you brother in Christ.

claudia

John from Kentucky

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »

You already made it better JFK by your kind words.  I love you brother in Christ.

claudia

The last time we met was in November 2009 at the Mobile, AL conference.

Ray and his wife invited everyone over for a meal.  It was a Sunday afternoon, in his backyard and you were trying to catch and pet one of His cats.

I was sitting at one of the tables.  Ray walked over to talk to some of us.  A woman was troubled in spirit.  One of her relatives had died and was mentally unwell.  She asked Ray what would happen to Him.  Ray told her Jesus would bring him back to life and heal his mind and save him and give him everlasting life.  Jesus would save everyone.  Ray's words made that woman so happy and gave her peace.  It was a blessing for me to witness Ray's kindness to that woman. 

That was nine years ago.  Nine years!  Makes me feel old.  No Country For Old Men.

yello62

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 07:32:28 PM »

john,

we old men have a country.  it's maker is our Creator.  can't wait to reside there.  :)

tony

cjwood

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »

hi yello62,  i would recommend you make use of the cbd oil.  i use it daily.  the company i order from is very well rated for all of their products.  they are called bluebird botanicals out of boulder, co.  they have different mg strengths per dose so you can find one that suits you best.  studies have now shown that cbd oil can help with type 2 diabetes.  look into it.  my baby sister has started using it for her spinal pain and it has helped her a lot too.

i'm not an old man, but i am a woman of mature age  ;D and i too look forward to where my true citizenship is.  new jerusalem.

claudia

cjwood

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »

john, NOW i remember meeting you.  i never connected the story you described in ray's back yard with me trying to catch her kitty.  manuela had made spaghetti.  i still see her about once a year but keep in touch with her often.  she ended up selling the house she and ray had because it was more house than she needed.  plus she said the memories there were hard sometimes.  she bought a smaller house very close to the old house.

anyway, thanks for reminding me of the story when i actually met you.

claudia

Jennalyce

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »

I have heard of cbd oil but unsure of how to use it and what it does....help please!

yello62

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »

jennalyce,

it depends on the preparation.  some cbd oil is in pill form, some in vaporizer form, some in topical cream.  i have recently purchased the topical cream for some pain that i have in my back.  i just rub it in.

hope this helps,

tony

cjwood

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2018, 12:09:36 AM »

hi jennalyce,                                                                                                                                                                                                      I take it in the liquid form.  using the dropper that comes with it.  the taste is something you have to get used to, or, you can mix in something to mask the taste.  cbd oil is being studied more and more for its medical benefits.  you can google it and learn quite a bit.

claudia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.