bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to God day in U. S.  (Read 3317 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Thanks to God day in U. S.
« on: November 22, 2018, 11:12:38 PM »

Dear members and friends,

In the United States, according to tradition, this is a day designated to pause with family and give thanks to our creator for all the gifts that we receive according to God's bounty. It used to be that all businesses were closed and all the workers, owners etcetera were home with family and were inviting the stranger or the less fortunate into their homes to share in the good things that had been provided.

Instead what do we find?
Greed and selfish desire to get more stuff.
Most of the stores that sell gifts are open and their clerks are compelled to work rather than spend the day with family. It's all about profit and the bottom line.

What ever happened to love for neighbor?

Prune Soleiado

Re: Thanks to God day in U. S.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:16:16 AM »

Hello IBob 👋

I live in France.
U.S gave us Halloween and Black Friday.......
And about Halloween I really mean the US, for we don’t know anything about irish or english’s tradition, we only know E.T. went and grabbed candies in a white sheet so if an alien did it then we french people can do it also...perhaps...and money plays its part very well for that matter.
In France we don’t know anything about Thanksgiving, except for turkeys 🦃  eaten by millions in this day, and New York’s parade. « Friends » tv series helped a bit in our understanding of this phenomenon but my country doesn’t know anything about giving thanks to anyone and especially to God. France is a catho-laic kingdom and Arletty’s bad « atmosphere » is kinda strongly implanted in french brains and attitude. Don’t need  english subtitles, just hearing shouts and groanings is enough 😅
https://youtu.be/6DKI0EP-RMA

Peace In Christ
Michelle

Johnny70

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »

Hi Bob,
Thanks for that great post Bob, that tells a very different and sad story about human relations that has been marred by greed. Enough is never enough and people because of such a mean spirited system rarely experience love and caring. The quint essential word used by advertisers is "DOOR BUSTER" that seems to sum up the attitude that shoppers must have to survive in this intensely aggressive and greedy environment! We are certainly being treated to something quite Satanic as Paul in Eph 6:12 - says we do not fight against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the RULERS of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. And coupled with this we as humans have a nature that is truly unfathomably evil - Jer 17:9. We have an incredible mess on this earth at this time.

John

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »

Thanks Michelle and John,

I do understand that the French in Quebec had a day of thanks on 8 Oct 2018.
(French: Jour de l'Action de grâce)

I'm looking forward to the day when we will commune in one pure language and peace will reign in the whole of the earth.

Bob

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »

Hi Bob, and love to all my brothers and sisters wherever you are. ~♡~

Ditto to all you've said.. I gave thanks to our loving, Great and sovereign Lord yesterday,  just like I do every day I wake up to see another one.  I then pray for strength to endure whatever this day brings, and to do it with the grace and love he so mercifully has given me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:43:48 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »

Great topic...

But I'm actually a dog, so what am I considered Wanda?

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 06:17:36 PM »

But I'm actually a dog, so what am I considered Wanda?

Of all God's creatures I consider the dog to be the most humble, loyal and loving. I would fondly call you friend and warmly extend my love.~♡~

https://youtu.be/H17edn_RZoY

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

ML

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »

I got a solution: You're Garfield, and I'm Odie. Whose Jon?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.